Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How to get rid of Tan

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:06 pm

We are a stagnant club. Tan took over with heaps of enthusiasm but an ego and a lack of proven advisors. I presume in his successful businesses he has actively successful boards with heaps of knowledge, experience and an understanding of the market in regards to customers and product.

What baffles me is that Tan seems to have an ego and backs himself on his football knowledge but is an absolute failure when it comes to Premier League survival.

He is a success at this level as he got us promoted twice but then totally blew it and we failed at both attempts.

The first time he should have had advice to get a director of football to help sign experienced Premier League players rather than the likes of Cornelius and Murphy.

The second time I reluctantly say he should have replaced Warnock as soon as we got promoted and brought in an experienced manager for top tier consolidation or at least a better number two.

So why isn’t Tan embarrassed by his failures? Why isn’t he making good appointments and going for promotion instead of hiring the likes of Slade and giving Morison free rein to bring in a whole new squad.

Surely his ego should be making him want to fight and prove everyone wrong with a solid rebuild from top to bottom. I’m totally baffled by him.

Instead we are stagnant and going nowhere. If he’s not going to go for it then what do you think it would genuinely take for him to sell the club realistically? Why on earth is he still here?

Re: How to get rid of Tan

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:11 pm

We are an integral part of his 'international' portfolio and he still thinks he can take us to and keep us in the Premier League...

However, his mistakes are well known and he does appear not to want to take sincere rather than sycophantic advice that made him believe the whole support base was behind some unmentionable decisions...

Regarding Warnock, Tan actually was advised and wanted to replace him for the Premier League season but decided not to push the button, as he didn't want to alienate an already restless support base after Redgate and other spats...

And some still say our supporters don't 'get' to him...! ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:08 am

As much as I’d like to see a change of ownership and an injection of enthusiasm in the club, I’m grateful that we continue to be financially supported.
Rather like politics these days, this subject generates polarised opinion when the situation is probably a little more nuanced.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:29 pm

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:As much as I’d like to see a change of ownership and an injection of enthusiasm in the club, I’m grateful that we continue to be financially supported.
Rather like politics these days, this subject generates polarised opinion when the situation is probably a little more nuanced.

Agree.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:07 pm

So who would we like to see replace Tan? Some Arabs? Some yanks? Seeing as we haven't got any city fans with huge wallets, we don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. So what's the solution?

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:As much as I’d like to see a change of ownership and an injection of enthusiasm in the club, I’m grateful that we continue to be financially supported.

Agree.

Shock horror

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:36 pm

Yes sadly we can’t rid of Tan as the mad man wants £200 mill for us, beyond belief.

Plenty have enquired but are driven away by the Dictators asking price.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes sadly we can’t rid of Tan as the mad man wants £200 mill for us, beyond belief.

He will only get 200 million if we are in the premiership but 60 million which was offered and I got that straight from the horses mouth will not be anywhere near enough .

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:57 pm

200m is outrageous, there's many mid to lower prem teams that are worth less than that

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:41 am

Fergy1927 wrote:We are a stagnant club. Tan took over with heaps of enthusiasm but an ego and a lack of proven advisors. I presume in his successful businesses he has actively successful boards with heaps of knowledge, experience and an understanding of the market in regards to customers and product.

What baffles me is that Tan seems to have an ego and backs himself on his football knowledge but is an absolute failure when it comes to Premier League survival.

He is a success at this level as he got us promoted twice but then totally blew it and we failed at both attempts.

The first time he should have had advice to get a director of football to help sign experienced Premier League players rather than the likes of Cornelius and Murphy.

The second time I reluctantly say he should have replaced Warnock as soon as we got promoted and brought in an experienced manager for top tier consolidation or at least a better number two.

So why isn’t Tan embarrassed by his failures? Why isn’t he making good appointments and going for promotion instead of hiring the likes of Slade and giving Morison free rein to bring in a whole new squad.

Surely his ego should be making him want to fight and prove everyone wrong with a solid rebuild from top to bottom. I’m totally baffled by him.

Instead we are stagnant and going nowhere. If he’s not going to go for it then what do you think it would genuinely take for him to sell the club realistically? Why on earth is he still here?

I'm not a Tan fan but i can't see how he could've sacked Warnock after getting us promoted.
Also, i'm not sure if Tan can take credit for this but our ticket prices aren't bad in relation to other championship clubs. Football is Still too expensive though.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:16 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yes sadly we can’t rid of Tan as the mad man wants £200 mill for us, beyond belief.

He will only get 200 million if we are in the premiership but 60 million which was offered and I got that straight from the horses mouth will not be anywhere near enough .

Wez, Do you know why he didn't sell after our last promotion? And would he sell if we somehow gained promotion again? My guess is that he gambled on establishing us as a mid table premier league side.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:59 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, Do you know why he didn't sell after our last promotion? And would he sell if we somehow gained promotion again? My guess is that he gambled on establishing us as a mid table premier league side.

Not sure there was any serious offers on the table after the last promotion I do know that there was talk of a 100 million offer from a london based solicitor firm that eee involved in a failed bid to buy Chelsea but it was structured wrong.