Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Emiliano Sala - Air craft investigation. Wow just wow

Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:45 pm

Just watched air craft investigation on national geographical channel which was on at 9pm tonight.

Thiis episode was a detailed story of what happened to Emiliano Sala. Showed eveything from the flight path to when it turned to go down in detail and what could of happened or caused it.

Letting a pilot drive a plane without a night licence and other stuff along with it having reported problems on the way to Nantes let alone unchecked properly for the trip back which never returned.

It don't add up to me with the plane maintenance and the flight agreements in any way which was all illegal. Although they said carbon monoxide was the cause of it all.

So sad listening to the recordings from Emiliano Sala.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Emiliano Sala - Air craft investigation. Wow just wow

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:12 am

I didn’t see it but will try and get it on catch up tomorrow night.

From what you’re saying, it should be worth watching by all of us.

Sounds like it will raise even more questions around the circumstances of that tragic crash.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:58 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I didn’t see it but will try and get it on catch up tomorrow night.

Sounds like it will raise even more questions around the circumstances of that tragic crash.

It's a must watch for all tbh ned. Amazed me how much of a crooked shambles it all was tbh :shock:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:34 am

Awful sad to see things like this can still happen these days. Must have been an awful watch for the families. Will we and the families ever get justice. RIP Both.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:05 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I didn’t see it but will try and get it on catch up tomorrow night.

Ned, it was very informing and the majority of questions answered; particularly surrounding Ibbotson, Henderson, the air-worthiness and the illegality of the flight... :cry:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:58 am

There is a good series of podcasts on BBC Sounds as well. Worth a listen too. Goes into detail about everything.

We are a good few years on from it now but its still so sad. He seemed like such a nice bloke, shunned the limelight and just wanted to live a quiet life. That's why he was so apprehensive about his big premier league move. I think us fans would have loved him too

Everything about that plane though just shocks u to the core. How the pilot agreed to fly it back after all the problems I'll never know. Still can't believe he was a gas fitter!!!

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:07 pm

I watched it so sad hearing and seeing sala go through check in at nantes Airport pilot should never had flown the plane rip emiliano

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 am

ORCHARD BLUEBIRD wrote:I watched it so sad hearing and seeing sala go through check in at nantes Airport pilot should never had flown the plane rip emiliano

Agreed it was shocking tbh.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Nothing we didn't already know other than the plane breaking up before it crashed, but seeing it in pictures was very harrowing indeed RIP Emiliano.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:38 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:Nothing we didn't already know other than the plane breaking up before it crashed, but seeing it in pictures was very harrowing indeed RIP Emiliano.

I thought it confirmed a lot but also uncovered stuff we didn't fully know before...

My contempt for Ibbotson, Henderson and Willie MacKay just gets deeper and deeper...! :twisted:

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:08 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:Nothing we didn't already know other than the plane breaking up before it crashed, but seeing it in pictures was very harrowing indeed RIP Emiliano.

I thought it confirmed a lot but also uncovered stuff we didn't fully know before...

My contempt for Ibbotson, Henderson and Willie MacKay just gets deeper and deeper...! :twisted:

Yes, it confirmed a lot of what had previously been reported. It was the first time that I had heard anything about the plane breaking up before the crash. I may have missed this in the programme, but obviously without the body of the "pilot" then it is impossible to know if he was unable to control the speed of the plane due to becoming increasingly affected by the carbon monoxide in the cabin. That trio certainly have blood on their hands especially given the problems on the flight out :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:54 am

I didn't realise the plane broke up mid air nor did I know that there was an incident on the flight before - which siesta to have gone unchecked.

And even prior to that only a visual check for cracks rather than a safer pressure test.

How can it be that a taxi is not allowed on the road with a few minor dents yet a plane can fly unchecked and with a pilot with no licence.

As for the program itself I really couldn't get my head around the "posh" accent of the presenters. Do people talk like that?

Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:13 am

Paul Keevil wrote:I didn't realise the plane broke up mid air nor did I know that there was an incident on the flight before - which siesta to have gone unchecked.

And even prior to that only a visual check for cracks rather than a safer pressure test.

How can it be that a taxi is not allowed on the road with a few minor dents yet a plane can fly unchecked and with a pilot with no licence.

As for the program itself I really couldn't get my head around the "posh" accent of the presenters. Do people talk like that?

I agree - I was expecting an RAF fighter pilot with a handlebar moustache to be playing the role of Ibbotson...

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:23 pm

Did the program have a name or does anyone have a link to it? I'm going to look on the USA nat geo to see if it's available to me.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:34 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Did the program have a name or does anyone have a link to it? I'm going to look on the USA nat geo to see if it's available to me.

Its called Air Crash Investigation and is on Nat Geo in UK

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:32 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Did the program have a name or does anyone have a link to it? I'm going to look on the USA nat geo to see if it's available to me.

Thanks.

Not available on Nat Geo here yet or anywhere else that I can find at the moment. Previous shows from the same people are listed on IMDB so hopefully this will turn up eventually.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:12 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Thanks.

Not available on Nat Geo here yet or anywhere else that I can find at the moment. Previous shows from the same people are listed on IMDB so hopefully this will turn up eventually.

Check it out on here under 'Lost Star Footballer' :ayatollah:

https://www.natgeotv.com/uk/shows/natge ... te%20shows

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:30 pm

Sven wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Thanks.

Check it out on here under 'Lost Star Footballer' :ayatollah:

https://www.natgeotv.com/uk/shows/natge ... te%20shows

:thumbright:

Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:23 pm

You can watch it on daily motion. Here's the link.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8tbkua

Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:57 pm

CF14 Blue wrote:

You can watch it on daily motion. Here's the link.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8tbkua

Thank you sir.