Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3 Little Birds..

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:02 am

...I see Liverpool are now singing it, plus a handful of others around the UK.

We had this, with a bit of "this is ours", albeit adopted from Ajax.

I used to love it. I remember when fans would scream "STOP SINGING THAT" getting all upset by a song. To negative, apparently. We also sing "all we are singggginggg, is give us a goal"; how the hell has that stuck all these years.

Knowing us, we'll probably pick it back up, now that it's cool.

Re: 3 Little Birds..

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:07 am

Loved singing it :bluebird:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:32 am

Ajax took it from us.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:14 am

Don’t know why we stopped using it, was a great song for us to sing.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:46 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Ajax took it from us.

I thought it was born ( through Ajax ) when they were kept in after the friendly at ninian ?

All our songs these days are drum induced shit , it adds to an ever increasingly depressing atmosphere at the CCS.

Can’t beat the days of bob bank , grange end or A block starting singing or doing so in unison. ‘Proper’ songs back then too .

Unlike Ajax , we never quite mastered the verses

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:37 pm

northside of risca wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Ajax took it from us.

I thought it was born ( through Ajax ) when they were kept in after the friendly at ninian ?

All our songs these days are drum induced shit , it adds to an ever increasingly depressing atmosphere at the CCS.

Can’t beat the days of bob bank , grange end or A block starting singing or doing so in unison. ‘Proper’ songs back then too .

Unlike Ajax , we never quite mastered the verses

I cannot stand the drum. It starts generic songs that any away crowd can latch onto.

And you're correct, there's a youtube video of them singing it in the grange end.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:22 am

Loads of clubs use it same as the silly same chants change a word in it in every ground on a game. The same repeated shit is all I hear in games these days bar a teams name or players name changed in that song. If it wasn't for the different colours shirts playing and you closed your eyes it would feel like the same game over and over if you went of today's football grounds chants tbh. Modern football and its fans are shit compared to years ago but times have changed for the worse imo. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:47 pm

yep started with ajax in the friendly with us, it then kicked off at the shop on the corner :lol: not sure if anyone will remember that ? those ajax fans are nuts