Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff City pair doing well ‘

Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:22 am

Cardiff defender Xavier Benjamin netted his first senior goal in Scottish Championship side Dunfermline's 3-1 win over Partick Thistle.

Benjamin is on loan alongside fellow CB Malachi Fagan-Walcott and both are doing well for Dunfermline, 3rd from bottom of the Scottish Championship.

The standard of football is like League 2 in the EFL.

Defender Xavier Benjamin aged 20 has scored 1 goal in 4 appearances and CB Malachi Fagan-Walcott 22 years old who has scored 2 goals in 5 appearances are on loan to Dunfermline till the end of the season.

Will they make regular Championship players????

Re: ‘ Cardiff City pair doing well ‘

Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:34 am

Annis, I went to their last game at Partick Thistle as I was up North. Walcott did what was expected of a big CB, and was nuisance value at set pieces.

Benjamin didnt have the best of games. Played at RB and was beaten more times by his opposite number, than he stopped him. Positionally, he was a bit of a headless chicken, but, like Walcott he got on the scoresheet.

As Championship defenders, neither stood out as quality, but the more chance to play regular football the more they will learn.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:58 am

Barclay1 wrote:Annis, I went to their last game at Partick Thistle as I was up North. Walcott did what was expected of a big CB, and was nuisance value at set pieces.

Benjamin didnt have the best of games. Played at RB and was beaten more times by his opposite number, than he stopped him. Positionally, he was a bit of a headless chicken, but, like Walcott he got on the scoresheet.

As Championship defenders, neither stood out as quality, but the more chance to play regular football the more they will learn.

Cheers Jonny,

A good honest update on both of them.
Great experience for them both, but English Championship???

Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Not at all Annis. I expected them to look a cut above, but this could actually be their level.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Not at all Annis. I expected them to look a cut above, but this could actually be their level.

Jonny,

I think you might be right.