Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut demands 'much more' from Diedhiou Erol Bulut says he

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:34 pm

Bulut demands 'much more' from Diedhiou

Erol Bulut says he expects "much more" from Cardiff City striker Famara Diedhiou as the forward prepares to return to Ashton Gate, where he made his name in English football.”

He has no goals or assists in six games for the Bluebirds and in his last two clubs no goals.

"We spoke to him before he came here to say he should show himself again, that he is not finished. This is what we are expecting from Famara.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bulut demands 'much more' from Diedhiou Erol Bulut says

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:44 pm

From what I've seen he's been rubbish, he's a warnock type of player really, he even got zahore scoring lol

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:46 pm

kyle08 wrote:From what I've seen he's been rubbish, he's a warnock type of player really, he even got zahore scoring lol

I can’t believe we signed him.

Kyle I would rather have given Cian Ashford a run.

He was here in Spain he was a disaster, I put that out when we signed him.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Bulut demands 'much more' from Diedhiou

Erol Bulut says he expects "much more" from Cardiff City striker Famara Diedhiou as the forward prepares to return to Ashton Gate, where he made his name in English football.”

He has no goals or assists in six games for the Bluebirds and in his last two clubs no goals.

"We spoke to him before he came here to say he should show himself again, that he is not finished. This is what we are expecting from Famara.”

We are desperate for a goal scorer, so we sign a player who hasn’t scored for his two previous teams, good job Cardiff Board :banghead:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:54 pm

OliverTwistCymru wrote:

We are desperate for a goal scorer, so we sign a player who hasn’t scored for his two previous teams, good job Cardiff Board :banghead:

Shit strikers cos we won't spend what is needed!!

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:58 pm

blemmy wrote:
OliverTwistCymru wrote:

Shit strikers cos we won't spend what is needed!!

And that’s why we struggle every season, the board have known this every year.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:58 pm

OliverTwistCymru wrote:

Exactly.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:02 pm

We would have been better of keeping Ugbo.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We would have been better of keeping Ugbo.

Not sure about that. Ugbo fits into the style of play that SWFC play, he didn’t even get chances for us.

Haaland would struggle for goals with us.

It does seem like we panicked when we didn’t get Moore so went for Diedhiou.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Erol he is gone at the game.....We rented a dud, it happens (to us a lot)

Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:56 pm

Only positive is its a loan deal so he's going back

Lo e to see Ashford play a bit, diff type of player

Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:48 pm

Probably his 4th choice he wanted tbh on his list which he had to slip down near the bottom of it in the end to get players so I expected such signings to be honest. Manager wasn't backed to what he wanted and anyone who says 3 days before there was a new football league rule stating what we couldn't spend is full of shit as there's nothing in black and white on it, he even said if your given £10 you cant spend £30. He wanted HIS players in early not 4th choice signings 24 hours before lthe window shut

I'm sure the manager will face the chop if it don't work out results wise eitherway despite not being backed to elwhat he wanted. Just my opinion of course. :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:56 pm

Worcester

We arguably have better players than Sheffield Weds so if we played their system, I don't see the issue.

The manager should be playing a system designed to create goals and win matches i.e. supporting the striker(s). We don't supporting our strikers - result: we don't score goals.

Put Ugbo back in our team using Wednesday's system and he would score goals.

I don't want to hear we haven't the players to do that - of course we have.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:43 pm

Good to see someone like Ashford play off him. He won a few balls in the air at Norwich but there was nobody there to capitalise.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:49 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Worcester

We arguably have better players than Sheffield Weds so if we played their system, I don't see the issue.

The manager should be playing a system designed to create goals and win matches i.e. supporting the striker(s). We don't supporting our strikers - result: we don't score goals.

Put Ugbo back in our team using Wednesday's system and he would score goals.

I don't want to hear we haven't the players to do that - of course we have.

Yeah, I agree 100%.

It’s the system that is the problem, not players.

You just have to switch Bowler and Grant so they cross.

We know he wants Grant to cut inside but defenders know it’s an instant goal if that happens so prevent it.

But he needs to try it.

Failing that, play Grant as the striker. We know he can finish.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:28 pm

Bang on Worcester. That's what I want to see too but Bulut seems to enjoy the pain of having one arm tied behind his back!
It's like he's thinking to himself: how can I prevent my team from creating chances and scoring goals today!? I'll play inverted wingers on their weaker side and leave a semi isolated striker battling for crumbs on his tod.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:11 pm

I don't think we have any wingers in the book, they are all inside forwards who want to play inverted.

Grant hit the strike on Saturday on his "wrong" foot, he is all about "in on goal", he isn't an assist machine.
Bowler is a one trick pony L1 dribbler, cut in and have a swing, Tanner a level or 2 lower. none of them are wingers.

I accept that Etete is not what Erol wants or needs, he is neither a traditional target man nor mobile and quick enough to be an all rounder. Diedhou is gone at the game at this level.

If we had a Jordan Hugil type all-rounder then we'd be talking about the lack of mobility from the AMC position in supporting or running beyond the striker, but as we can't hold onto the ball or run into space making space for the AMC we blame the sitters.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I don't think we have any wingers in the book, they are all inside forwards who want to play inverted.

Grant hit the strike on Saturday on his "wrong" foot, he is all about "in on goal", he isn't an assist machine.
Bowler is a one trick pony L1 dribbler, cut in and have a swing, Tanner a level or 2 lower. none of them are wingers.

I accept that Etete is not what Erol wants or needs, he is neither a traditional target man nor mobile and quick enough to be an all rounder. Diedhou is gone at the game at this level.

If we had a Jordan Hugil type all-rounder then we'd be talking about the lack of mobility from the AMC position in supporting or running beyond the striker, but as we can't hold onto the ball or run into space making space for the AMC we blame the sitters.

We have never played to the strengths of a brilliant finisher in Karlan Grant.

Give him an angle to shoot and he’ll score. He proved that on Saturday.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I don't think we have any wingers in the book, they are all inside forwards who want to play inverted.

We have never played to the strengths of a brilliant finisher in Karlan Grant.

Give him an angle to shoot and he’ll score. He proved that on Saturday.

Absolutely, he is a top player. IMO he is playing 10M too deep bailing out Collins
This also adds a lot more pressure on Etete who can do with all the help he can get

I believe left back was an even more important position to upgrade than striker