Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bulut in or out ?

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:59 pm

At start of the season I thought we would be between 14th and 18th after one of the worst season we have had in last 20 years
Most people thought around the same . So currently against my prediction we are out performing Factor into this one of our best players from last season has been out for most of the season but came on today and Ramsey has hardly played.
Next season he will be more experienced with the championship so maybe he will be better positioned
The football thou has been fairly boring to watch apart from the first 6 games of the season

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:01 pm

In for me.

I said before the season success this year would be comfy mid table and winning the derby games . He’s delivering so far , although granted , lots of games have been f*cking turgid .

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:18 pm

I think in .we've done much better than last season on little money again .If city learn the midfield a bit better when on the attack and with additions in the summer i think Bulut will do well for us .
Consistency is the name of the game on and off the field so Bulut is in for me

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:57 pm

Never been a fan that throws his toys out after a bad run and I like Bulut.Given a chance I think this guy will build a decent side. I remember at the beginning of the season the vast majority on here said they'd be happy with a mid table and now it looks like it's what we'll get.If he's backed proper in the summer I'm sure we'll have a right old go next season.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:44 pm

Not for me, I want some kind of entertainment. It's so boring to watch. I did like the way we battled today and its always good to beat the worzels. Last 3 games have been against very poor teams as someone previously highlighted.

ON OR OFF THE FENCE WITH BULUT

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:54 pm

I am off the fence finally i think if bulut got backed by tan properly we could finally settle down as a top team but it is all down to tan but today i thoughwe controlled the game from start to finish
nothing to shout about but if buluts gets players he wants i think we can go somewhere
Lets not forget bristol beat southampton the other week and the win today was on there turf.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:54 pm

Not for me. The run of negative games against mediocre opposition at home did it for me. It seemed we had teams who came to our stadium on such bad runs, we seemed to be so negative. Norwich home would be 1.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:16 pm

Unfortunately we've had our two most attacking players out for extended period I suggest that if had Rambo and o'dowda for 6 or 7 games more than we did we would be at least 6 points better off and that would have put us as playoff contenders... so on that basis would give him at least a year's contract

Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:18 pm

I have been wavering but the deciding factor for me is would we get anyone better ? I think the answer to that in our current circumstances is no.

Bulut has a way he wants to play, strong at the back and then quick in transition. Ramsey is massive in that transition and without him Colwill isn’t quite at that level yet which is why we’re struggling to create.

I think give Bulut a 2 year contract, he seems the type of manager who has a medium term plan so give him the summer window to solve the issues upfront and attacking midfielders. Hopefully Ramsey will be in a better state injury wise and we can make a few signings of quality that will make us more robust and less dependent on key players.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:46 pm

It’s a tricky one.

I said in the summer that if we finished in the top half it would be a massive improvement on last season. We’re in the top half at the moment.

But the last few months, the football has been hard to watch at times.

Even today we sat too deep towards the end and that could have cost us the win.

I think the club will have made their mind up one way or the other.

My gut feeling is they’ll offer a contract extension.

If we finish in the top half, he deserves to stay. It’s all about results for all club executives.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:26 pm

Im going back to in for me, last few games showed he can make changes and improve team lineup

Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:02 am

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Shows what can happen if you don’t chop and change.

He’s come out of the other side pretty well so far.

Long may it continue ...

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:39 am

Yes more in than out. Due to the fact that as stated above who would we have better coming in?. And maybe a summer where he can buy a striker that he wants maybe bit more attractive going forward then.
Would need probably 3 or 4 attacking players in summer with grant etc going back to parent clubs

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:24 pm

I’d say Bulut in when we win and Bulut out when we lose. Seems fair to me.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:29 pm

Still on the fence but as others have said, who would we get that's better.