Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REBUILD NEXT SEASON HOW MUCH?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:37 pm

How much are we going to spend on the one position we desperately need a striker? 5 million 10m 1m?
When our top scorer is a right back
this really needs addressing urgently not waiting till the end of the transfer window like this january
where we where left with farmer dido" from granada which bulut has rejected and would prefer etete over him or a makeshift striker
Do we buy grant and other loans we have
or is it going to be another
morrison shuffle /rebuild with more loans and frebbies
assuming that mr tan is still holding the purse strings.

Re: REBUILD NEXT SEASON HOW MUCH?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:30 pm

montyblue wrote:How much are we going to spend on the one position we desperately need a striker? 5 million 10m 1m?
When our top scorer is a right back
this really needs addressing urgently not waiting till the end of the transfer window like this january
where we where left with farmer dido" from granada which bulut has rejected and would prefer etete over him or a makeshift striker
Do we buy grant and other loans we have
or is it going to be another
morrison shuffle /rebuild with more loans and frebbies
assuming that mr tan is still holding the purse strings.

I really don't see an expensive striker making that much of a difference Monty. The way Bulut sets up his team minimises the effectiveness a good striker is likely to have. Even given several transfer windows I still don't see Bulut changing his perceived formula that much.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:51 pm

Cardiff is a graveyard for strikers and has been for 15 years

We just don’t create enough and haven’t for years and I don’t see it changing anytime soon

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:52 pm

For me to play this way we need genuine pace at fullback or I should say wingback. Ng has been great but he doesn't have the pace or delivery to make this system successful and JC is just not good enough.

We need two quality midfielders to play with Sio.

We do need a striker!

Ramsey will be here for ten to fifteen games.

I would sign Nat Phillips if we can and make him captain.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:08 pm

Can't see many transfers in the championship, lots of Bosmans

Assuming Bulut stays he can't do a back four that barely crosses halfway and 2 sitters unless the attacking four are top-end championship. If we had Philiogene Grant and Hugil with a fit Rambo then i am happy with his base tactic. So for me its all about the front four.

I thought in Turkey he was a 343 guy. Then its time to try to sell Perry as he isn't a centre-half or wingback

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:30 pm

We always used to play with wingers noon holliet lang harry wilson murphy etc but we have this silly wingers playing on opposite sides always cutting in so no crosses from the by line

Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:58 am

With buluts connections, I see us getting alot of players for cheap but on high wages, if he had a large war chest I see him making quality signings.

We basically need to get rid of most of this team and re build, and change the way we play aswell we need front foot pressing attacking football

Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:23 am

kyle08 wrote:With buluts connections, I see us getting alot of players for cheap but on high wages, if he had a large war chest I see him making quality signings.

We basically need to get rid of most of this team and re build, and change the way we play aswell we need front foot pressing attacking football

KYLE 08

Don' t hold your breath for the big rebuild to start after 5 years of spending nothing much apart from turnball and robinson.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:19 am

kyle08 wrote:With buluts connections, I see us getting alot of players for cheap but on high wages, if he had a large war chest I see him making quality signings.

If money was available then yes you could gradually upgrade most of the current squad but don't expect Bulut to morph into Pep because it won't happen. The only way we will ever play the way you describe is with a change of manager.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:08 pm

Firstly need a director of coaching, with a good manager .
To build a squad we need a minimum of
3 Strikers (that can score)
2 wingers ( that can cross a ball)
1 no10 (REPLACE RAMSEY)
4 full backs/wing backs
2 CB
This would cost millions.
Expect mostly free agents loans

Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:16 pm

FWIW I think we are a long way from needing to have a rebuild. We have the makings of a solid top half squad with some tweaks.

We need pace though. That’s evident and not just leg pace. We need passing speed. Pressing speed. We need movement speed to transition more effectively.

We have a solid pair of keepers. We have 2 quality CBs and we have Perry who does what he wants.

The player we sign must be likely starters to make sure the current starters can be quality squad players not cheap poor players that no one else wanted.

I hope Erol stays because finally I think we have a manager who has a idea of where he wants to
Build.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:31 pm

If Bulut wants this system to work, then of course we need a striker, but needs better midfielders, full back and play two 8’s and only 1 6.

So his system should be looking like this when in attack:

————-GK———-

——-CB—-CB-—LB—

-—-—RB—-CDM——

—RW—CM—CM—LW—

—————ST—————-

The CMs interchange with the wingers, you’re basically going 5 attackers with the CDM going a bit forward to provide passing support with the RB/LB (acting as DM). 3 defenders as cover with the RB/LB in midfield getting back into defence when we don’t have the ball.

Unfortunately this season we are seeing one of those CMs dropping a lot with the CDM and it becomes negative and we lose the shape to keep possession. This needs proper coaching in summer.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm

It's going to be mainly freebies and loans let's be realistic here but there's bound to be players to better us coming to the end of there current contracts. I really dont want to see div 2 and div1 players coming they aint worked for fees in the past let alone free :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:53 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:It's going to be mainly freebies and loans let's be realistic here but there's bound to be players to better us coming to the end of there current contracts. I really dont want to see div 2 and div1 players coming they aint worked for fees in the past let alone free :bluescarf:

How do you know ? It will probably be down to whether tan sells
if the sala thing is all cleared up and money is back in his account he may spend ahain or sell but surely even he has learned that loans freebies are just keeping us going but no ambition
He may have completly lost interest its all up in the air but its all guess work as to what a rebuild entails.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:18 pm

montyblue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:It's going to be mainly freebies and loans let's be realistic here but there's bound to be players to better us coming to the end of there current contracts. I really dont want to see div 2 and div1 players coming they aint worked for fees in the past let alone free :bluescarf:

How do you know ? It will probably be down to whether tan sells
if the sala thing is all cleared up and money is back in his account he may spend ahain or sell but surely even he has learned that loans freebies are just keeping us going but no ambition
He may have completly lost interest its all up in the air but its all guess work as to what a rebuild entails.

That's my guess mate. I'm just going off the last few seasons so it will be more of the same I predict. :bluescarf:

Although who the manager will be remains to be seen and if he's given a squad to try work miracles with we shall see or be backed properly by the board that's another thing that's guess work currently.