Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TURNBALL

Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:46 am

Looks like he is going to turn out a good acquisition some lovely touches and turns things are looking up in midfield with siopis also back on form
but turnbull could be a good replacement when ramsey calls it a day and ralls is in and out with injuries although subbed thought he was starting to impress.

Re: TURNBALL

Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:51 am

montyblue wrote:Looks like he is going to turn out a good acquisition some lovely touches and turns things are looking up in midfield with siopis also back on form
but turnbull could be a good replacement when ramsey calls it a day and ralls is in and out with injuries although subbed thought he was starting to impress.

I agree Monty.
Not great defensively but that’s not a problem if you’re playing with 2 CDM behind you. Reminds me of Whitts a bit.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:09 pm

I was just about to start the same thread (Cheers Monty)

He appears the first player since the late great Whitts where you are able to just give him the ball no matter how many are near him, great first touch. It will be interesting how Bulut uses him

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Looks like he is going to turn out a good acquisition some lovely touches and turns things are looking up in midfield with siopis also back on form

I agree Monty.
Not great defensively but that’s not a problem if you’re playing with 2 CDM behind you. Reminds me of Whitts a bit.

Bluebirdoct 1962

Been a good while since we had a more attack .inded midfielder but actually some of his play and quick thinkng was like ramsey also rubin is doing the same.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:41 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I was just about to start the same thread (Cheers Monty)

He appears the first player since the late great Whitts where you are able to just give him the ball no matter how many are near him, great first touch. It will be interesting how Bulut uses him

Llan bluebird

I thought he had his best game ladt night and i really thought he looked like ramsey quick thinking and moved quickly and as i i said to bluebirdoct 1962 rubin is also playing like ramsey both are attacking not like wintle who tends to go backwards

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:56 pm

montyblue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I was just about to start the same thread (Cheers Monty)

Llan bluebird

I thought he had his best game ladt night and i really thought he looked like ramsey quick thinking and moved quickly and as i i said to bluebirdoct 1962 rubin is also playing like ramsey both are attacking not like wintle who tends to go backwards

I have less of a downer on Wintle as he is what he is and that's a defensive CM. If he had to play center-half i think he could, a bit like Vaulks and Pack just quicker and a better passer.

The issue is Sio and to an extent my number one player, Ralls. With Full backs who are not allowed to cross halfway without a hall of the pass from Bulut and a DCM, do we really need either destructive players in front of Wintle?
It was noticeable yesterday that there was space between Ralls and Wintle. Ralls was definitely further up the pitch, but he is primarily a destroyer who can knock out the odd great pass and Sio passes it back or sideways more than Wintle, but steals balls all the time.
That is seven of the team with a defensive mindset. The other four have to be elite championship players to have the entirety of the attack on their shoulders.

I want Bulut to be brave on Saturday and start Wintle with Turnball and Colwill as attacking midfeilders