Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut: “ Kieffer Moore “

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:02 am

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut has joked that he will be "friends again" with Kieffer Moore after the game against Ipswich Town this weekend, following the club's two failed attempts to sign him.

The Bluebirds wanted to bring Moore, who scored 20 league goals in his last full season in south Wales, back to Cardiff in the summer. After being left disappointed, Cardiff again made the Wales striker their top target in the winter transfer window.

There are quite a few reasons why Moore never signed for Cardiff, even though Bulut was told the deal was done ages ago.
Ipswich offered more money to Bournemouth, £500,000 loan fee and it was out of Bulut and Moores hands.

And speaking about his failed attempts to sign the forward, Bulut said: "Now we are his opponents!

“He is a good quality striker and what we need for now and next season.”
“Every club would like a Kieffer Moore in the Championship.”

"We were planning with him at the start of the season and also in January. A decision was made to move to Ipswich, we have to respect this. But on Saturday, we are opponents. After the game, when we win the game, we can be friends again.”

Cardiff tabled what they thought was a reasonable offer, however Ipswich are understood to have been willing to fork out more on wages, which likely sweetened the deal for Bournemouth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut: “ Kieffer Moore “

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:48 am

I sincerely hope our supporters don't give him a 'love-in' before or during the game...

Only XI players matter for 90 minutes plus add ons...! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

Sven wrote:I sincerely hope our supporters don't give him a 'love-in' before or during the game...

Agreed

Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:16 pm

Sven wrote:I sincerely hope our supporters don't give him a 'love-in' before or during the game...

I agree mate. No love in or booing from me. :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:29 pm

Spot on. Agreed.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:44 pm

If he scores his reaction will be interesting.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:13 pm

Cardiff City midfielder Ryan Wintle has said you cannot rule out the possibility that his close friend Kieffer Moore won't return to the Welsh capital one day.

Moore prepares to return to Cardiff City Stadium in domestic football for the first time since leaving for Bournemouth two years ago. He achieved his dream of helping the Cherries achieve promotion to the Premier League, but found himself surplus to requirements at the south coast club.

Cardiff went in hard for Moore both in the summer and in January, when he made the decision to move to Ipswich Town on loan. The Wales striker, 31, has netted five goals in eight games for the Tractor Boys and Wintle and Co will have to find a way to stop him in the Saturday lunchtime kick-off.

Cardiff City midfielder Ryan Wintle has said you cannot rule out the possibility that his close friend Kieffer Moore won't return to the Welsh capital one day.

Moore prepares to return to Cardiff City Stadium in domestic football for the first time since leaving for Bournemouth two years ago. He achieved his dream of helping the Cherries achieve promotion to the Premier League, but found himself surplus to requirements at the south coast club.

Cardiff went in hard for Moore both in the summer and in January, when he made the decision to move to Ipswich Town on loan. The Wales striker, 31, has netted five goals in eight games for the Tractor Boys and Wintle and Co will have to find a way to stop him in the Saturday lunchtime kick-off.

INTERVIEW: Isaak Davies – My form confirms what I already knew and the brilliant Cardiff player you haven't seen yet

READ MORE: Bulut tells Moore 'we can be friends again' after Ipswich clash following failed Cardiff transfer bids

But it could have been so different. Cardiff tried their best to get Moore back to south Wales in January, with Erol Bulut even revealing some of the players — Wintle likely included — were on the phone trying to convince the striker to make a glorious return to City.

Indeed, we were told one of the more alluring aspects for Moore was that he still had a very close friendship group at Cardiff, with the likes of Wintle, Perry Ng and Joe Ralls all having gone to Rome to celebrate the forward's wedding last year. Isaac Vassell and Sean Morrison, both of whom still have houses in the area, are also part of that close-knit friendship group.

But despite the club's efforts and the players' persuasive phone messages, Moore will return to Cardiff on the opposing team this weekend. Given how well he did during his stint with Cardiff, it is unknown what sort of reception he will get, although Wintle knows Moore remembers the Welsh capital fondly.
Asked about what reception he expects Moore to get, Wintle replied: "I don't know, you tell me!

"He is a great player and a friend of mine. I'm sure that when he left it was because he had aspirations of playing in the Premier League.

"He's played there now and will look at it as good times here. You can't say he won't come back here at some point – you don't know, do you?

"It'll be good to see him on Saturday, but hopefully he doesn't score!"