Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLENTY OF FRENCH SUPPORTING CARDIFF

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:48 pm

Met quite a few giving there support to cardiff today 3 behind me and missis jumping up and down when we equalised and went nuts when we got the winner they could not believe from Lillie and Marseilles and the 3 had cardiff scarfs on i shook there hands after hugging after we scored the winner fair play they really loved the atmosphere in the canton and could see they enjoyed they said they could not believe that in injury time
we where behind the goal so it made it more spectacular. I salute them and thanked them for there support and wished them well.

Re: PLENTY OF FRENCH SUPPORTING CARDIFF

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:34 pm

Probably over for the egg tomorrow and made the most of the weekend going to watch us today. I’m glad they enjoyed and even celebrated.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:11 pm

You know what?! I heard a lot of French people too!! Don’t even twig it’s the game tomorrow. Glad we put on a show.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:14 pm

Was a bunch by me in the Ninian.. nice people. Said they were fed up with Tractors.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:55 pm

Yes I flew back to Bristol on Friday from lanzarote. And the airport was full of French fans there too. Good to have them at our game.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:36 pm

And they stayed till the end not like thousands of our fans who leave early

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:22 am

It Must The Blue We Play In ;)

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:50 am

Yes a few in the Ninian with French hats on :thumbup:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:15 am

Craigleeccfc wrote:And they stayed till the end not like thousands of our fans who leave early

People can leave when they want. Can’t stand this obsession with wanting to impose your matchday experience on others.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
Craigleeccfc wrote:And they stayed till the end not like thousands of our fans who leave early

People can leave when they want. Can’t stand this obsession with wanting to impose your matchday experience on others.

This is not unique to Cardiff and happens at a lot of grounds. Never got my head around it though, like reading a book then ripping the last chapter out and throwing it in the bin.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:45 pm

Jock wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

This is not unique to Cardiff and happens at a lot of grounds. Never got my head around it though, like reading a book then ripping the last chapter out and throwing it in the bin.

Jock
Watched the game back on tv when i got home this morning you can see the canton half empty when we got the winner madness when you have watched the game and to leave just before we still had a chance but i guess they thought that the game was over but others new there was going to be a lot of injury time due to moores head clash glad i was behind the goal with 3 fremchmen with city scarfs on going nuts when we scored enjoying there experience .

Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:42 am

If the team are fighting and playing well, I'll stay to the final whistle.

There were one or two matches in our dreadful run of home form where I'd had a 5h1tful and departed a few mins early to take my misery away!

Against Ipswich, you felt there was something special in the air when that 8 minutes went up

Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:27 pm

I have never ever, and will never, leave a game early. Even when we’ve been losing by four or five.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not alright for others to leave early.

People pay their money so can stay in the stadium for as long as they want.

Another thing is I will never boo the team, one of our players or the manager but others will do that which is fine.

All down to personal preference.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:27 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I have never ever, and will never, leave a game early. Even when we’ve been losing by four or five.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not alright for others to leave early.

People pay their money so can stay in the stadium for as long as they want.

Another thing is I will never boo the team, one of our players or the manager but others will do that which is fine.

All down to personal preference.

Done it twice with no excuse that I had to be somewhere by a certain time First was against Swansea Only a kid and we were 3-1 down and my uncle decided game all over Before we got onto Slopper Rd it was 3-3 with the famous free kick I remind my uncle on a regular basis The other we were 2-0 down against Hartlepool playing shit and my kids wanted to go So left When I got out of the Cardiff Bay tunnels Cardiff were winning 3-2 which my kids now always remind me