Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ralls one of our own?

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:34 pm

Rallsy has unquestionably been one of the greatest servants to our club and right up there with the longest serving players at any club.

He is always up for a game and especially the derbies, he knows what they mean to us.

So it is especially surprising that we have never really had a chant for him. Should we not now be singing "he's one of our own"?

Re: Ralls one of our own?

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:05 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Rallsy has unquestionably been one of the greatest servants to our club and right up there with the longest serving players at any club.

He is always up for a game and especially the derbies, he knows what they mean to us.

So it is especially surprising that we have never really had a chant for him. Should we not now be singing "he's one of our own"?

As someone who watched Phil "Joe" Dwyer from the age of 18 till when he left for Scunthorpe(I think) I would agree.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:56 am

He's put in 110% every time he's put our shirt on.

Should have had a chant years ago.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:24 am

Not only has he been a fantastic servant, he's our 7/10 player on the pitch

Also he's not everyone's cup of tea from what I read, but I personally rate him always have, he turns up to every event, team signings school visits the lot.

So glad he's here to stay fantastic player super joe ralls

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:23 pm

eddie j wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Rallsy has unquestionably been one of the greatest servants to our club and right up there with the longest serving players at any club.

As someone who watched Phil "Joe" Dwyer from the age of 18 till when he left for Scunthorpe(I think) I would agree.

'Joe' Dwyer was stitched up by Alan Durban, one of our worse managers ever, after lambasting his team mates for 'lack of effort' following another poor defeat

He was sent on loan to Rochdale, who were two Divisions lower, despite interest (that he wasn't told of) from more local and higher Division clubs that included Newport (where many of our 'old boys' ended up) and Swansea (who at that time were nothing but a blot on the Welsh landscape to us) but he was never told

'Joe' was ironically on better money at Rochdale than at Cardiff and he put in some sterling performances in for Rochdale the remainder of that season

He was offered a one-year contract at the club but declined it and decided to retire instead

As an aside, he was actually allowed to leave for Torquay at one point but only played a few pre-season games before Len Ashurst took over at Ninian Park and offered him a new contract at our club, which he jumped at

One of my favourite all-time Bluebirds, I had the pleasure of knowing Phil 'Joe' Dwyer and he was always up for a chat about the old times... :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:22 pm

100% came through the academy all be it for a year but deffo a loyal player