Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC BOARD: “ STILL NO PROGRESS SAYS “

Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:43 am

Still no progress in Bulut contract talks

BBC

Friday 15th March 2024

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut remains no closer to signing a new contract with the club.

Bulut joined on a one-year deal last summer and, with only nine games left this season, has not started talks with the Bluebirds about extending his stay.

The former Fenerbahce boss has said on more than one occasion he is keen to remain - but is uncertain about his future.

Erol Bulut:

"I cannot make a decision because it’s not in my hands," Bulut said.
"The plans the club should make for the new season - transfers, pre-season and things like that - we haven’t had any meetings in that direction.
“I would like to stay, of course, and continue to build with the players.

"When we look back to the start of the season and now, there has been big progress. Normally we should continue with that but this is not up to me. From my side, it’s clear.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CCFC BOARD: “ STILL NO PROGRESS SAYS “

Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:45 am

Table:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:19 am

What are the club waiting for get bulut,s contract sorted ASAP

Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:42 am

ORCHARD BLUEBIRD wrote:What are the club waiting for get bulut,s contract sorted ASAP

McCarthy syndrome

Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:55 am

When you think about it, these days all managers should be on 1 year rolling contracts with a option to extend for a year it's actually a sensible thing to do. All clubs should do it, so much money wasted.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:58 pm

royalblue wrote:When you think about it, these days all managers should be on 1 year rolling contracts with a option to extend for a year it's actually a sensible thing to do. All clubs should do it, so much money wasted.

Then you risk losing a manager with no real future planning due to constant uncertainty.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:12 pm

Irrespective of the result tomorrow Bulut deserves a new contract and the opportunity to put a promotion winning side next season.

We are five points from sixth place and he has done this on a very limited budget.

With full backing and a promotion VT will be able to recover his investment

We need to secure Bulut before someone seeks does

Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:39 pm

Likw the spin doctor keeps saying every new manager the last few years "we are building for the future"

Clearly we are not in every way :lol:

Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:57 pm

royalblue wrote:When you think about it, these days all managers should be on 1 year rolling contracts with a option to extend for a year it's actually a sensible thing to do. All clubs should do it, so much money wasted.

Agree. If he does well we are in the play offs / top 2 if not get rid. We are obsessed with long contracts and lost a fortune as a club.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:48 am

Bulut will leave at the end of the season. Then DAlman choo and tan will issue statements saying how they did everything they could to keep him here

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:39 am

Need this sorted NOW!!!

We are not going up or down our Manager should already be planning for next season this is s great opportunity for us to get a head start on our rivals

Youngsters should be given 1st experience playing instead of any player that’s going to be released in the summer

Transfer targets identified and contacted now(its against the rules but everyone does it)

Big chance for our board to be genuinely pro active but they need to stop faffing and get on with it

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:54 am

I understand the boards reluctance on this as they've had their fingers burnt with the last couple of appointments but this one felt different from the first day. I also think he can attract players that otherwise wouldn't come to this club.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:27 pm

Still don't rate him..I think our players are better than what the manager is getting out of them