Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Let Colwill leave

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:47 am

Maloby_Blue wrote:I thought he was class today. Can't understand how anyone can say anything negative about him anymore. In previous seasons yes but not now. And I certainly wouldn't sell him.

You can tell he's been working on the parts to his game that have been lacking. He's so much more physical now than he used to be. Puts in a shift every game. He's always probing and there's some serious creativity there too, not just skill and technique, the guy can properly pick a pass.

We just need to use him more, it's as simple as that. He's got to play more.

100% agree, and I don’t want to sell him, but if we’re not going to play him then for his sake let him go

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:50 am

I think teams will be looking to bring Rubin Colwill to there teams.
Im thinking teams like a Coventry, QPR or even an Ipswich.
I think his potential is sadly being wasted with us.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:44 am

thought he did okay when he came on although he had a great chance and ballooned over the bar. My big concern with Rubin he struggles with fitness he doesn’t seem naturally fit. Everytime he makes a gut busting run he seems to be breathing out of his arse. He came on I think it was the last home game he honestly looked like he’d been on the nest all night. Certainly has the skill and ability but it’s the stamina fitness that doesn’t appear to come naturally to him. His in ability in the air that’s another topic for discussion.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:18 pm

He needs to go to somewhere like Southampton, yeah Martin is bit of a dick, but he is not one of the 4231 rigid managers like ours. He needs a manager who thinks about the game not just do what everyone else does. Kompany at Burnley would be a good move as well.

The problem for Rubin is he doesn't fit into 4231 as he isn't any of those, unless we get a mobile 9 and pace out wide as forwards not second full backs.

Bulut is a functional, percentage-based, identikit modern manager. Without outspending, you need a bit of imagination and I am yet to see that.

So he needs to get into a club that does see the world a bit different

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:26 pm

I don't understand why we don't play him.

Again yesterday he tried to push us forward instead of the sideways or backwards passing from the midfield thay we had all game.

I do hate to say it because he's one of a handful of players who is good enough to be here, but if we don't play him, let him go somewhere else for his own good

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:27 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I think teams will be looking to bring Rubin Colwill to there teams.
Im thinking teams like a Coventry, QPR or even an Ipswich.
I think his potential is sadly being wasted with us.

Why would he go to those clubs ? .

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:27 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:thought he did okay when he came on although he had a great chance and ballooned over the bar. My big concern with Rubin he struggles with fitness he doesn’t seem naturally fit. Everytime he makes a gut busting run he seems to be breathing out of his arse. He came on I think it was the last home game he honestly looked like he’d been on the nest all night. Certainly has the skill and ability but it’s the stamina fitness that doesn’t appear to come naturally to him. His in ability in the air that’s another topic for discussion.

Agree

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:58 pm

He certainly has something about him when he has the ball but I think he needs to work on his end product as the final kick, shot or pass, seems to be the wrong decision more often than the right one as he often runs himself into a dead end & doesn't know what to do next when he could have passed to an open player earlier.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:18 pm

Comment from one of the jacks in work today. “Thought Colwill was quality when he came on. Quality on the ball, willingness to receive it in tight spaces. Dont understand why you don’t build a team around him”

Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:43 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Comment from one of the jacks in work today. “Thought Colwill was quality when he came on. Quality on the ball, willingness to receive it in tight spaces. Dont understand why you don’t build a team around him”

Because we don’t score much now. It be non existence if we did.