Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEXT SEASON

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:39 pm

Bulut has come out and said there is no sign of a new contract and I found it quite bizarre today that the Sky commentator said the Cardiff hierarchy want him to stay. Perhaps the manager has not done enough to warrant a new deal, or Bulut is holding out for a job offer from Turkey.

Either way, a decision needs to be made NOW! Not wait until the season has ended. There a a load of very good Championship players out of contract at the end of the season and the planning needs to start now. I’ve called for EB’s head on more than one occasion, but we need stability if we’re going to progress.

Re: NEXT SEASON

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:00 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Bulut has come out and said there is no sign of a new contract and I found it quite bizarre today that the Sky commentator said the Cardiff hierarchy want him to stay. Perhaps the manager has not done enough to warrant a new deal, or Bulut is holding out for a job offer from Turkey.

Either way, a decision needs to be made NOW! Not wait until the season has ended. There a a load of very good Championship players out of contract at the end of the season and the planning needs to start now. I’ve called for EB’s head on more than one occasion, but we need stability if we’re going to progress.

I’m sure we have first choice on him.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:59 pm

Let him go..don't rate him at all..Mr negative and boring football..we have decent players who need to have their shackles removed

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:27 pm

Just get rid he's bloody useless!!!

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 pm

Earnestp wrote:Just get rid he's bloody useless!!!

We had the same thoughts on you, to be fair... ;) :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Bulut has come out and said there is no sign of a new contract and I found it quite bizarre today that the Sky commentator said the Cardiff hierarchy want him to stay. Perhaps the manager has not done enough to warrant a new deal, or Bulut is holding out for a job offer from Turkey.

I agree; but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. I can't imagine Mehmet isn't pushing for his mate to stay, which only leaves... ;)

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 pm

I don’t give a rats arse if he stays or leaves, but Who are the decent players that we should be higher than mid table?

Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:40 pm

Agree. Negative manager - done ok but really is he special?

Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:42 pm

Sven wrote:

We had the same thoughts on you, to be fair... ;) :laughing6: :ayatollah:

^^^

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:18 pm

Useless? Really?

I just don’t know what people expected this season.

We’re in the top half which is far better than most predicted pre season.

Also won 3 out of our 4 derbies this season by the way.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Useless? Really?

Only one 'derby'game that counts sadly, Ned...

Win 3 out of 4 but the last one is what Erol Bulut and his players are judged on...

Shhhh though; some on here don't like it being pointed out...!

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Useless? Really?

100% agree. I am now getting more cross with the continued over reaction at losing this one match than the match itself! Its now Tuesday. We had won 4 games in a row before this loss including a fabulous performance against Ipswich. We have beaten the Jacks this season too yet this performance was somehow lucky and down to their manager. This one game now makes Bulut useless?

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:43 pm

The manager also said about planning for next season - There are threads on here at the time .

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:55 pm

Bulut has to stay why are fans against him. Surely a minority

Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 am

Sven wrote:

I agree; but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. I can't imagine Mehmet isn't pushing for his mate to stay, which only leaves... ;)

Chris,

We do know what’s going on, nothing as usual and all hot air and full of shit our board.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:16 pm

I wonder are we going to start this big rebuild next season or is it going to be more of the same my bet is more of the same we will loose philips like kipre last season esbrand left back will ve gone like other backs have left to go elsewhere we could not match hull for philogene last season for a pawltry 5 million the same cost as gary madine
I just hope its not going to be same as but there has been no indication despite a lot of fans thinking january is always difficult transfer but will wait till the summer for the rebuild with no evidence this is going to happen what so ever its all hope and pray but if we are not going to pay "silly money" Example 5 mill for philogene
we will stay where we are.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 pm

montyblue wrote:I wonder are we going to start this big rebuild next season or is it going to be more of the same my bet is more of the same we will loose philips like kipre last season esbrand left back will ve gone like other backs have left to go elsewhere we could not match hull for philogene last season for a pawltry 5 million the same cost as gary madine
I just hope its not going to be same as but there has been no indication despite a lot of fans thinking january is always difficult transfer but will wait till the summer for the rebuild with no evidence this is going to happen what so ever its all hope and pray but if we are not going to pay "silly money" Example 5 mill for philogene

Weren't we under the embargo then Monty? We couldn't pay 10 pence for him if we were never mind 5 million quid.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:00 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
montyblue wrote:I wonder are we going to start this big rebuild next season or is it going to be more of the same my bet is more of the same we will loose philips like kipre last season esbrand left back will ve gone like other backs have left to go elsewhere we could not match hull for philogene last season for a pawltry 5 million the same cost as gary madine

Weren't we under the embargo then Monty? We couldn't pay 10 pence for him if we were never mind 5 million quid.

Yes your probably right but i am sure we could have sorted something with a view to buy when free of embargo but my point is as we are now free of embargoes is the next excuse going to be fffp rules or are we going to manage to do what other clubs do rebuild properly
We just keep going around in circles we loose players then replace but they are not much better than we lost kipre in point and replaced with philips same in my book and so on but no better and our striker issue drags on.