Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So now what.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:57 pm

With todays result against the Jacks I would say that has killed any chance of us getting a play off spot. Adding to the fact we are safe from relegation the question now is now what.

My immediate thoughts are on the managers position. Will Bulut be here with us next season? That answer is still up in the air. I say that because you would have thought the club would have made a decision by now. If the club are going to invest they will want the right man in charge. I do fear for Bulut future with us.

My next thoughts are on the players themselves. We have brought in a number of players on permanent roles and we are committed to them more than less. Such players as Horveth, Goutas, Siopis and Turnbull. I would be happy to keep that 4. Those that have been with us longer that I would like to keep are Ng, MacGuiness, Wintel, Ralls, Alnwick and O'Dowda. For the loans we have I would like us to retain Grant and Phillips. I would like to see Ramsey go into coaching but I think Colwill should be sold on. The rest can go.

If we are not to retain Bulut then we need to bring in someone who can work with this list and I do believe there is enough out there who would be attracted to this.

Re: So now what.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:04 pm

I think NG will be sold. Don’t want to see Bowler anywhere near the club again! Awful player!

The manager situation needs to be sorted as a matter of urgency.. we need a plan and we cannot keep have a summer rebuild.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:53 pm

We need Colwill to start regularly, wingers who can play on the correct side beat a man and cross the ball and for god’s sake at last a centre forward.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:56 pm

One problem that us and rest of efl other than relegated premier clubs is that every season clubs need to replace at least 5 loan players and out of contract ones! We need at least 8 new players swans as many and bet most of championship the same... this is going to be the norm now so getting right manager to work on this basis is essential along with at least 2yr contract to mold a system that new players can easily fit in with.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:28 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I think NG will be sold. Don’t want to see Bowler anywhere near the club again! Awful player!

The manager situation needs to be sorted as a matter of urgency.. we need a plan and we cannot keep have a summer rebuild.

I'm with you on Bowler, he's such a fairy and his tracking back is awful. A winger that can't cross the ball wtf!!!

I'd drop him now for the rest of the season and experiment with others there, mix it up a bit.

Just don't put that t!t in our blue shirt again...or a burgundy one or light blue!!!

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:14 pm

I guess the club was hoping for a result against the Jacks, Bulut's now a hero and staying to run into the 125-year blast, going to be a bit of a damp squib now.

I am indifferent to Bulut staying, I don't think he has had an original football thought in his life, but as an identikit manager he is pretty good and there is no guarantee we'd get someone as competent. Seems like a waste of a season if he does leave as he must have learned something and his recruitment has been relatively good, with knowledge of the league and what its needs maybe there are a few bargains out there.

Phillips will be way out our price range, Liverpool are fattening him up for a decent sale. Grant will be interesting as I guess he is on a fair wedge to match the transfer fee, maybe he see's out his time at WBA. Wilson Esbrand is not quick enough as a long term full back another nice footballer but whats his position? Bowler is a flat noooooo.

As for sales I can only see Colwill & Goutas interesting fee-paying clubs.
NG is championship, a good defender but dithers by taking too long to decide what to do for the premiership and unless its a relegated club there isn't the money in the championship to prize players away.