Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

8 games left- no excuses

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:24 am

8 games left- no excuses not to start giving minutes to the younger lads IMO!

Play offs out of reach so no reason to not give the likes of @CianAshford @joelcolwill minutes on the pitch!

It benefits their development+gives them chance to showcase their skills for next year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 8 games left- no excuses

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:03 am

Agree with you A gentle introduction over the remainder of the season hopefully ending with a starting position by end of season Let’s face it has been a little while since we have been in this position that we can do this The step up from youth and reserve football is massive and we need to see which lads have the attitude and ability to step up

Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:44 am

Personally I feel we should put out our best 11 for any game. However, after yesterday I would be very happy to see a number of those dropped for the Youth. At least the Youth would show passion.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:43 am

I would like to see what Isaac Davies has improved, I would like to see him back next season a different player, never ever replaced Ernie.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 pm

Ah, Ninian 27 is posting, we must have lost yesterday.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:26 pm

I think we need to give them a half, that's its they won't be playing for us next season, they should have been in the national league now but we messed up the transfer window. Hopefully a nice L2 club for both of them on season long loans.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:35 pm

Pointless playing Bowler again he won’t be here next season

Might be an idea to start Tanner for the rest of the season to give him experience and to see if he’s up to it?

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:57 pm

eddie j wrote:Ah, Ninian 27 is posting, we must have lost yesterday.

I've been one of his firecest critics; but he makes a valid point now we know we don't have realistic chance of reaching the play-offs...

There are two or three players I'd like to see 'blooded' in to first team squad at least and the biggest for me would be Joel Colwill. He's definitely one for our future... :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:12 pm

Ninian27 wrote:8 games left- no excuses not to start giving minutes to the younger lads IMO!

Play offs out of reach so no reason to not give the likes of @CianAshford @joelcolwill minutes on the pitch!

It benefits their development+gives them chance to showcase their skills for next year

I see your thinking but imo, not yet.
Can you imagine the stick the team and manager would get for each poor performance / loss?!
Try to introduce a few cameos from the bench now maybe and then start a few when 2 games left imo.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:41 pm

eddie j wrote:Ah, Ninian 27 is posting, we must have lost yesterday.

I don't see anything negative here?
Playing our youngsters now is a massive positive, to see who is up for it next season when we bring in fresh faces is a great idea

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:30 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:8 games left- no excuses not to start giving minutes to the younger lads IMO!

Can you imagine the stick the team and manager would get for each poor performance / loss?!
Try to introduce a few cameos from the bench now maybe and then start a few when 2 games left imo.

Not from me they would'nt.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:21 pm

Agreed, give them their chance.

The planning for next season needs to happen so:

- Renew the manager’s contract or tell him he’s going and start looking for someone else

- Give a chance to Ashford and J Colwill, possibly Antwi as well

- Only play players that have a chance of being at the club next season

- Make the first steps in trying to sign Grant, Phillips and Wilson-Esbrand

- Identify summer transfer targets so we can act early at the end of the season

It’s quite simple really.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:59 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not from me they would'nt.

Me neither mate but generally speaking I think he'd get stick.
If he's not yet been offered an extension there's no way he'd do it as his stock would grow the higher up the table we are imo. However, if it has or soon will be sorted, then he'd be crazy not to have alook at a few.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:33 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Pointless playing Bowler again he won’t be here next season

Might be an idea to start Tanner for the rest of the season to give him experience and to see if he’s up to it?

He's not great but lets give him a run and see if he can step up.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Agreed, give them their chance.

- Renew the manager’s contract or tell him he’s going and start looking for someone else

Good post agreed :thumbup:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:24 pm

Davies has been decent over in Belgium, I'd like to see what he has to offer now, as long as we don't play hoofball

Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:09 pm

I hope Davies comes back for us to he’s been with us since a young age he’s also a Cardiff fan like the rest of his family he will give everything for us he loves the club

Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:07 am

If we played a whole team of youngsters and we lose people will still moan, eitherway it will be the managers fault again :lol: you can't have it all ways.

Although I'd like to see them played and no player who's not going to be here next season because we got nothing to play for now and some here are off back to their parent clubs or they don't have a contract with us after this season.

Sadly that won't happen.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:01 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:If we played a whole team of youngsters and we lose people will still moan, eitherway it will be the managers fault again :lol: you can't have it all ways.

Although I'd like to see them played and no player who's not going to be here next season because we got nothing to play for now and some here are off back to their parent clubs or they don't have a contract with us after this season.

Sadly that won't happen.

Good post mate.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:01 pm

Other than the defenders, I'd drop the lone signings and play the lads who remain with us for next season.
We must use Ramsey, O'Dowda and Colwill from the start.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm

Anyone know McGuiness' return date?

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Agreed, give them their chance.

I will try and cover your points;

The planning for next season is well underway.

Bulut will be staying unless there is a huge problem which currently there is not.

A number of the younger players will be added to the subs bench, as requested.

Regarding current loan players efforts have and currently continue to sign them up for next season but as with every transfer window things change.

Identifying targets have been under way since the window closed and hopefully with the club not under the restraints it has been we will be better equipped to get the players we want.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:34 pm

On one hand I get it. Give the fringe players a chance to prove themselves for next season. But on the other hand there will still be 15 to 20 thousand people making the effort to turn up after paying their money to support and watch. These fans deserve to see the best and most entertaining match possible. But who knows, maybe playing some of the non regulars might achieve that? No easy answer