Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rubin Cowill - Stats

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:59 am

Rubin is by far one of the (maybe two) who can run at the opposition, and definately the best 'on the half-turn'.

My input is he doesn't get goals or enough assists; albiet in a team that has a low goal output.

Regardless, here are the facts (in the league):

This season:

Played 31. Goals 1. Assists 0. With a goal OR assist every 1319 minutes of play.

Last season:

Played 22. Goals 0. Assists 1.

2021/2022:

Played 38. Goals 6. Assists 1.

2020/2021

Played 6. Goals 0. Assists 0.

Total:

97 Appearances. 7 goals. 2 assists.

1 goal or assist in 10.7 appearances.

(Data from Fotmob)

Re: Rubin Cowill - Stats

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:08 am

He needs to get his finishing better However I have felt that even if he has not had many assists that he has been involved in many of the moves that have lead to goals while he was one the field. Sometimes assist are easier than getting the move going
I think he is maturing well and Bulut has handled him well Next season must be his big season thou

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:10 am

How many minutes had he played though? Appearances are deceptive.

He was the only person that looked like threatening the Swansea back line yesterday, maybe add ODowda to that.

The fact is that under Bulut we are depressingly defensive and any creativity is choked out of our players because he wants them all to be defensive gods.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:34 am

If Bulut stays he has to go, he has no idea what to do with him.

He is the only player we have (Rambo doesn't count) who can see a pass into space for someone to run onto, but we are so incredibly slow and defensive its wasted. Everyone else just shuffles the ball on for someone else to take responsibility.

I think his lack of physicality, especially stamina will stop him from being a top premier league player but he is head and shoulder our best player, But Bulut is a limited risk, plays the system by numbers coach and Rubin doesn't fall into that.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:53 am

Underhill1927 wrote:How many minutes had he played though? Appearances are deceptive.

He was the only person that looked like threatening the Swansea back line yesterday, maybe add ODowda to that.

The fact is that under Bulut we are depressingly defensive and any creativity is choked out of our players because he wants them all to be defensive gods.

Exactly that pal and start the boy give him a run of games. 15 minutes here, 25 there is a joke. He's one of our BEST
creative players. Play him let him create NOT defend!

Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:21 am

Trouble with Colwill is he doesn’t have a 90minute engine,so it’s a kind of play him first half or second half.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:03 am

Wiggy wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:How many minutes had he played though? Appearances are deceptive.

Exactly that pal and start the boy give him a run of games. 15 minutes here, 25 there is a joke. He's one of our BEST

Averages just under 43 minutes in games he plays in

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:12 am

His stats say it all. He’s awful his assists are low because a. He is selfish and greedy and can’t hit the target to save his life.
B. Unlike what was mentioned above he can’t see a pass that’s slapped by in the face hence why he always try shooting. Very limited physical attributes and a very low footballing brain.
However the best I’ve seen in a long time at running around in circles.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:39 am

I thought he did okay when he came on although he had a great chance and ballooned over the bar. My big concern with Rubin he struggles with fitness he doesn’t seem naturally fit. Everytime he makes a gut busting run he seems to be breathing out of his arse. He came on I think it was the last home game he honestly looked like he’d been on the nest all night. Certainly has the skill and ability but it’s the stamina fitness that doesn’t appear to come naturally to him. His in ability in the air that’s another topic for discussion.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:30 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Wiggy wrote:

Thanks mate. Not long enough for him to make a proper difference (or to gain experience/match fitness)

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:48 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
Wiggy wrote:

Thanks mate. Not long enough for him to make a proper difference (or to gain experience/match fitness)

More than enough to grab at least one assist or goal or one of both. Even that in my option is way below the bar of what I expect from him.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:10 pm

Its in the post. 1319. That equates to 14.5 x90mins.

Your opinion is deceptive. He's had enough minutes. 3 of our defenders are a bigger goal threat. He's 1 goal more of a threat than his younger brother, who has 1319 less minutes in the league.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:30 pm

I see Rubin as a sort of Tom Cairney at Fulham, not a 10 nor an 8 but drops to get the ball and comfortable with it.

Out of interest how many assists per min has Rambo got?

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:12 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I see Rubin as a sort of Tom Cairney at Fulham, not a 10 nor an 8 but drops to get the ball and comfortable with it.

Out of interest how many assists per min has Rambo got?

9 Appearances. 3 goals. 0 assists.

Ramsey, as mad as it sounds, is a poor comparitor. As is the rest of out squad.

Other than....Joe Ralls.

Ralls has 7 assists (12th best in the league). Let that sink in. Sorba Thomas has 9 for Hudderfield (7th best in the league). Above that is dominated the top 4.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:23 pm

You also have to consider we’ve only scored 43 goals this season. That’s less than the rest of the top half.

It’s difficult to get assists when the forward players aren’t scoring goals. I’d like to see his chances created stats, because I think they’ve be much more positive.

Will add that of those 43 goals, 13 have been scored by defenders. So they have come from set pieces, which Colwill rarely takes.