Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leicester Today

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:43 pm

Thats the level that we need to aspire to.

Re: Leicester Today

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:52 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Thats the level that we need to aspire to.

Wouldn’t it be nice.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:54 pm

Yes but got to get to premier league first to get the £48m parachute payment to keep the Premier
squad together ...

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Thats the level that we need to aspire to.

Chalk and cheese, I'm afraid. Think more Luton Town. Leicester shouldn't have come down.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Yes but got to get to premier league first to get the £48m parachute payment to keep the Premier
squad together ...

That would be nice as well.
Do you remember our play off semis against them?

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:28 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Yes but got to get to premier league first to get the £48m parachute payment to keep the Premier
squad together ...

Yes couldn't beare to watch so saw on tv in concourse

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

Rember how far the legend Whittingham moved (cheated ) the ball before he took the free kick? It was magic wasn’t the win the euphoria? It’s all about winning a true professional and hero.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:10 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

Rember how far the legend Whittingham moved (cheated ) the ball before he took the free kick? It was magic wasn’t the win the euphoria? It’s all about winning a true professional and hero.

Could call it cheating but they had opportunity to move the wall again to counter this just like team other week had that opportunity but failed to do so... moving ball is hardly comparison to deliberately trying to get fellow professional sent off and acting like drying swan on more than one occasion and by more than one player..

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

Could call it cheating but they had opportunity to move the wall again to counter this just like team other week had that opportunity but failed to do so... moving ball is hardly comparison to deliberately trying to get fellow professional sent off and acting like drying swan on more than one occasion and by more than one player..

Lol. Ok. So when we do it it’s ok then. Got you.
One cost a team a goal and a place in the premier league possibly. The other made no difference to the match outcome in a game between two mid table teams. Sounds a bit like one rule was us a different one for everyone else.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:57 pm

Leicester have a Premier League squad, a Premier League budget and a Premier League manager.

We can’t be realistically compared to them.

Compare us to Hull, West Brom, Ipswich etc but not Leicester and Leeds.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:00 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

One cost a team a goal and a place in the premier league possibly. The other made no difference to the match outcome in a game between two mid table teams. Sounds a bit like one rule was us a different one for everyone else.

Nah just different opinion on what is cheating Or you saying moving a ball even a couple of inches cheating? A goal is a goal no matter the position
of teams.. like said they had chance to tell ref or move the wall ? Could it be they didn't think it was cheating or it didn't matter? :o
On 2nd point the goalie actually told wall to move but they ignored him so saw what he did do hardly cheating..

Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

Nah just different opinion on what is cheating Or you saying moving a ball even a couple of inches cheating? A goal is a goal no matter the position
of teams.. like said they had chance to tell ref or move the wall ? Could it be they didn't think it was cheating or it didn't matter? :o
On 2nd point the goalie actually told wall to move but they ignored him so saw what he did do hardly cheating..

It’s definitely cheating. But as I said and you yourself pointed out I’m ok with that. You’re the one against cheating or at least I thought so, it now appears only certain types of cheating that Swansea do against us so it doesn’t look like they wiped the floor with us.
Fair enough pointless debating with you, I’ll leave it there now.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:17 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

It’s definitely cheating. But as I said and you yourself pointed out I’m ok with that. You’re the one against cheating or at least I thought so, it now appears only certain types of cheating that Swansea do against us so it doesn’t look like they wiped the floor with us.
Fair enough pointless debating with you, I’ll leave it there now.

Yes against cheating but you brought up petty thing like moving ball couple of inches against trying to get players sent off just to try make a point! So best leave it there as you say. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:26 am

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

St. Peter a 'cheat'?!?!? :shock:

You don't half talk some tripe sometimes; and responses like the ones above that try to compare the 'Jacks' antics to those of a man who did so much for this club without seeking the limelight, make me doubt you as a 'Bluebird' in any real sense...! :oops:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:03 am

Sven wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

St. Peter a 'cheat'?!?!? :shock:

You don't half talk some tripe sometimes; and responses like the ones above that try to compare the 'Jacks' antics to those of a man who did so much for this club without seeking the limelight, make me doubt you as a 'Bluebird' in any real sense...! :oops:

The point I’m making is we had loads passion and winners, and that’s the reason Whittingham is such a legend he gave everything for us. We lost to a better team on the day simple as. I call a spade a spade people making out we always poor little Cardiff city always the victims, it’s simply not the case. Some are so obsessed with Swansea they lose sight of reality. I’m a realist Sven with my own opinions. They are different to yours and they may even be wrong it’s happened before and I accept that. But to say I’m not a bluebird because I have a different opinion is hurtful and a low blow. There’s very little I’m prouder of than my club.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:46 am

They came down but held on to the majority of their squad. That's been their secret of which we should have done the first time we came down.

Even then that might not be enough. They could quite easily end up in the play offs and then we know what a gamble that is.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:They came down but held on to the majority of their squad. That's been their secret of which we should have done the first time we came down.

Even then that might not be enough. They could quite easily end up in the play offs and then we know what a gamble that is.

Times have changed since we were in premier league.... its only past couple seasons clubs realise need to keep squad together if want good chance to get promoted back up at 1st attempt! Prior to that there would be a fire sale with relegated clubs changing 70% of players ....parachute payments now changing landscape in championship only need to look at how many teams with them are near the top and only going to get worse that's why efl want it gone in the talks being held with premier league .... also if got
a decent championship manager that helps.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:They came down but held on to the majority of their squad. That's been their secret of which we should have done the first time we came down.

Also made a few quid on Maddison ;)

Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
squad together ...

No point trying to debate with a troll on an agenda Allan. Smells like a jack to me, probably know which one as well.