Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Incredible and Now Deservedly Top:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:40 pm

@LUFC clawing back a 17 point deficit to go top of the Championship:

On January 1st they were 17pts behind Leicester City

Their unbeaten Run 15 games: Won 13 Drawn 2 Lost 0

Today Leeds United 2 Millwall 0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Incredible and Now Deservedly Top:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:47 pm

Despite our rivalry, I sincerely hope they go on to win the title now at Leicester 'soon minus 10 points' City's expense...!

Would even go for Keiffer (who didn't score one in six) Moore's Ipswich in second, if it meant Leicester miss out... :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:28 pm

Have I missed something - Leicester getting points deduction??

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:32 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Have I missed something - Leicester getting points deduction??

Next season if they go up I believe.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:36 pm

Sven wrote:Despite our rivalry, I sincerely hope they go on to win the title now at Leicester 'soon minus 10 points' City's expense...!

Would even go for Keiffer (who didn't score one in six) Moore's Ipswich in second, if it meant Leicester miss out... :laughing6: :ayatollah:

SVEN

We have meite upfront storming the championship with 1 goal in about 30 appearances and farmer dido yet to break the net what would a club like us want with a striker like keiffer.
BIT OF BANTER

Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:50 pm

montyblue wrote:
Sven wrote:Despite our rivalry, I sincerely hope they go on to win the title now at Leicester 'soon minus 10 points' City's expense...!

SVEN

We have meite upfront storming the championship with 1 goal in about 30 appearances and farmer dido yet to break the net what would a club like us want with a striker like keiffer.
BIT OF BANTER

Your tight monty what would we want with a striker that won't get any service and likes being close to the grass? :lol:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:03 pm

Leeds and Leicester are just a different level to anything else in this league.

Fair play to Ipswich for sticking with them.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Leeds and Leicester are just a different level to anything else in this league.

Fair play to Ipswich for sticking with them.

Cannot give either leeds or liecester any credit as they both got premier standard squads because of parachute payments allowing them to keep all their players after relegation.
I've been saying for several years that clubs relegated from premier league are manipulating the parachute payments to keep their squads with exception of one or two players... so almost certainly be in running for top spot or top 6 at the least... promoted teams not spent any in relation to income so next season could be same scenario lots of money to buy in quality players .... this is why efl want it stopped otherwise will have disjointed championship the haves and have nots bit like premier league.
But fair play Ipswich shows what good manager and continuity can do

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:29 am

A shithouse of a club. I hate them to the core.
Emlyn Hughes, wrote in his book when Leeds had to win
at Wolves last game of the season for the old first division title. Bremner was running arould the penalty box at a corner offering bribes to throw the game.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:40 am

stickywicket wrote:A shithouse of a club. I hate them to the core.
Emlyn Hughes, wrote in his book when Leeds had to win
at Wolves last game of the season for the old first division title. Bremner was running arould the penalty box at a corner offering bribes to throw the game.

This is why I love Dave Mckay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.