Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Obsessed with JB’s being “Obsessed”

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:36 am

Liles93 wrote:We smashed them at home and they smashed us at the Liberty. Fair enough really - forget all the dissecting their fans' reactions, I'm glad we avoided a third double.

Get up, dust off and get at them next season - there are 8 more games to play this year (several of which are against teams immediately around us in the table).

Exactly and learn from it if they don't get relegated beat them twice next season.

Vince made a great point on the phone in, to make it as uncomfortable as hell for them when they come here, restrict their numbers like they do, and play all the dirty tricks on and off the pitch that they do.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 am

cardiff 74 wrote:When we beat Leeds United in that famous fa cup tie the atmosphere was hostile before the game in the game and after the game we where then criticised for it by everybody under the sun Rio Ferdinand famously said when asked about going to galatasriey I’m not worried I’ve been to Cardiff that’s the level of atmosphere we need back at city but that’s not going to happen with certain people who run our club we where a feared outfit then

Spot on Sam got it, he was helping wind up the fans, that was the best atmosphere I remember, it was unbelievable and we frightened Leeds to death.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:40 am

MikeO76 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:I genuinely get more pleasure from beating the jacks than I did from promotion.

Spot on.

Ridiculous, it's one game, and promotion is built in a whole season.

Yes I want to beat them but would take the promotion and lose ten nil twice every time, it means we've had a top season and finished in the top two or won the playoffs, but lost a couple of games to some low-life lower league scruffs.

We've got other rivals they've only got us to look up to and pray then can beat us, don't drop to their level.

I don't know you mate but your comments come across as arrogant, which is my main point. This is the south Wales derby and if our fans don't take it seriously, how can we expect the club, manager and players to take it seriously and put the effort in that it needs? If not we may as well forfeit the games beforehand.

Should we take one game more seriously than another? Afterall every game is only worth 3 points! It's very disingenuous to say manager does not take any competitive game seriously? Same with fans .... judging by your remarks to his comments you are in camp of rather beat swans than get promotion... :roll:

I’ll remember the feeling of Chopras goal for the rest of my life. The elation of promotion was gone as soon as the season started and we got spanked almost every match

Exactly mate. Those feelings, the Chopra goal, Youngs goal against Leeds, Turners goal against Liverpool, all the trips to Wembley we'll remember forever, but our 2 seasons in the Prem were not very memorable. Except the 2 nil win at Old Trafford after we were already down.

Beating Man City at home was good!

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 am

We can start when Southampton come make it as hostile as possible for that Ryland Clark lookalike

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:19 am

carlton58 wrote:We can start when Southampton come make it as hostile as possible for that Ryland Clark lookalike

:laughing6: :thumbup:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 pm

I will say fair play Mike OP , great post and got us all
Involved a good debate.

Thanks

Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will say fair play Mike OP , great post and got us all
Involved a good debate.

Thanks

Thanks Annis :thumbup:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:I genuinely get more pleasure from beating the jacks than I did from promotion.

Spot on.

Ridiculous, it's one game, and promotion is built in a whole season.

Yes I want to beat them but would take the promotion and lose ten nil twice every time, it means we've had a top season and finished in the top two or won the playoffs, but lost a couple of games to some low-life lower league scruffs.

We've got other rivals they've only got us to look up to and pray then can beat us, don't drop to their level.

I don't know you mate but your comments come across as arrogant, which is my main point. This is the south Wales derby and if our fans don't take it seriously, how can we expect the club, manager and players to take it seriously and put the effort in that it needs? If not we may as well forfeit the games beforehand.

Should we take one game more seriously than another? Afterall every game is only worth 3 points! It's very disingenuous to say manager does not take any competitive game seriously? Same with fans .... judging by your remarks to his comments you are in camp of rather beat swans than get promotion... :roll:

I’ll remember the feeling of Chopras goal for the rest of my life. The elation of promotion was gone as soon as the season started and we got spanked almost every match

Exactly mate. Those feelings, the Chopra goal, Youngs goal against Leeds, Turners goal against Liverpool, all the trips to Wembley we'll remember forever, but our 2 seasons in the Prem were not very memorable. Except the 2 nil win at Old Trafford after we were already down.

Beating Man City at home was good!

Yes definitely and the atmosphere was amazing. Shows we can create one at the CCS :thumbup:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:Mike, I appreciate your OP but after reading it, I'd like to know what's your reasoning behind our classy win at home earlier in the season when we were the better, more committed team on the day and everyone, including some contributors to this thread, were lauding Erol Bulut and his team for finally 'getting' it...? :ayatollah:

I said to my son near the end of that game, "this is a very good performance but this Swansea team is probably the worst we've faced in many years" and lots of people around us agreed. So for me it was their performance more than ours that effected the outcome of that game.

This game was also before Ramsey got injured and his ability and experience was making a difference to our game.

The jacks were hurt that day and they simply wanted it much more than we did on Saturday and have done in most derbies for years.

So long as you don't give your/our team any credit whilst pumping the 'Jacks' up, then...! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :roll:

You asked for my reasoning, I gave it how I saw it. Why take the p155? :roll:

Sarcasm is the go to I’m afraid.

Seems that way mate. It's a shame :banghead:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:Mike, I appreciate your OP but after reading it, I'd like to know what's your reasoning behind our classy win at home earlier in the season when we were the better, more committed team on the day and everyone, including some contributors to this thread, were lauding Erol Bulut and his team for finally 'getting' it...? :ayatollah:

I said to my son near the end of that game, "this is a very good performance but this Swansea team is probably the worst we've faced in many years" and lots of people around us agreed. So for me it was their performance more than ours that effected the outcome of that game.

This game was also before Ramsey got injured and his ability and experience was making a difference to our game.

The jacks were hurt that day and they simply wanted it much more than we did on Saturday and have done in most derbies for years.

So long as you don't give your/our team any credit whilst pumping the 'Jacks' up, then...! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :roll:

Because you've done little but 'knock' our club for some time...

I asked you a question about your thought and/or opinion on the reverse match and all we got was an 'it can't be us, it has to be them' response...

That's hardly supporting our club, is it.. ? :roll:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:46 pm

Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

I asked you a question about your thought and/or opinion on the reverse match and all we got was an 'it can't be us, it has to be them' response...

I did wonder how long it would be until I got one of your nasty sarcastic replies with the rolling eyes emoji! And it was your first reply to one of my posts :laughing5:. Now I’ve had two, aren’t I the lucky one.

You need to chill out mate, life’s too short to be as wound up as you must be.

If you read my original reply again you will see that I gave Cardiff credit by saying we gave a very good performance in our home game against the jacks, but you obviously ignored that because it went against your agenda. I also said we were making progress with Ramsey in the team before he got injured, but again that went against your agenda so you chose to ignore that bit too.

Regards me “knocking our club” if posting my opinion on Bulut is doing that then I’m guilty as charged. Guilty of posting my opinion on a Cardiff football forum. Guilty of having a different opinion to you. Get over it mate.

I assume you’re now going to label me a negative poster! Does this mean I’m now on your hitlist for sending out nasty sarcastic posts to? It must be quite long now!

I look forward to your sarcastic reply :thumbup:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 pm

Maybe the Jacks are obsessed about us being obsessed about the Jacks being obsessed?

Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:36 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

I did wonder how long it would be until I got one of your nasty sarcastic replies with the rolling eyes emoji! And it was your first reply to one of my posts :laughing5:. Now I’ve had two, aren’t I the lucky one.

If you read my original reply again you will see that I gave Cardiff credit by saying we gave a very good performance in our home game against the jacks, but you obviously ignored that because it went against your agenda. I also said we were making progress with Ramsey in the team before he got injured, but again that went against your agenda so you chose to ignore that bit too.

Regards me “knocking our club” if posting my opinion on Bulut is doing that then I’m guilty as charged. Guilty of posting my opinion on a Cardiff football forum. Guilty of having a different opinion to you. Get over it mate.

I assume you’re now going to label me a negative poster! Does this mean I’m now on your hitlist for sending out nasty sarcastic posts to? It must be quite long now!

I beginning to notice a few here that don’t like people with a different opinion to theirs. It’s when they start throwing the insults I shake my head in shock. Why come on a forum if you I will to accept others views.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 pm

Iceblue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

I beginning to notice a few here that don’t like people with a different opinion to theirs. It’s when they start throwing the insults I shake my head in shock. Why come on a forum if you I will to accept others views.

Which is unfortunate.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 pm

Iceblue wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Which is unfortunate.

Exactly mate.

Without different opinions a forum would be boring.

Read others opinions, reply to them with yours but why throw insults and sarcastic comments at them.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:25 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Which is unfortunate.

Exactly mate.

Read others opinions, reply to them with yours but why throw insults and sarcastic comments at them.

What's (quote) 'nasty' and 'sarcastic' about my post and where was the 'insult'...? :?

Nothing and nowhere is the answer...! :roll:

I responded to your original post to disagree with what you wrote (the purpose of a Forum) and asked you a genuine question, which IMHO you didn't really answer...

Now you come on making angry accusations, yet it is me who is (quote again) 'wound up'; and to make it worse, you now have IceBlue fighting your corner... :lol:

I'm all for differing opinions but clearly with you it's one-way traffic. I certainly don't have a 'hit-list' (Roathy apart) as I treat every thread/post on its merits...

In my humble opinion, you had a one-eyed 'pop' at the club and its players for a result that whilst being disappointing, is not the only one in a season of 46 games...

Coming as part of that post, your last paragraph is somewhat ironic in itself...! (No emojis just for you)

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:25 pm

God only knows why we weren’t up for it Saturday, surely we knew what was coming? Got to say though the home game was completely different, they looked scared and lost, we took it to them and they crumbled for once. They allow there fans to stand next to the away fans at the Liberty and create an intimidating atmosphere, what do we do? Ban people for making it intimidating. Everything is wrong at ccfc with regard to the stadium and how they treat us…. :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 pm

goats wrote:God only knows why we weren’t up for it Saturday, surely we knew what was coming? Got to say though the home game was completely different, they looked scared and lost, we took it to them and they crumbled for once. They allow there fans to stand next to the away fans at the Liberty and create an intimidating atmosphere, what do we do? Ban people for making it intimidating. Everything is wrong at ccfc with regard to the stadium and how they treat us…. :bluescarf:

We need a Sam like figure back here in some capacity it won’t be long before we get back to our former selves., where we care about our derbies home and away where we let the players know how important it really is to us. Because we have this we not bothered about them guess what why would the players be bothered. It’s only worth 3 points like any other league , but it is worth so much more in pride it’s the south wales derby it’s talked about nationally. It way more than the 3 points it’s about being proud and pride of our club’s performance.

Bring back someone who can get those juices flowing again.
I’m still hurting from it even now.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:03 am

Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Which is unfortunate.

Exactly mate.

What's (quote) 'nasty' and 'sarcastic' about my post and where was the 'insult'...? :?

Nothing and nowhere is the answer...! :roll:

I responded to your original post to disagree with what you wrote (the purpose of a Forum) and asked you a genuine question, which IMHO you didn't really answer...

Now you come on making angry accusations, yet it is me who is (quote again) 'wound up'; and to make it worse, you now have IceBlue fighting your corner... :lol:

I'm all for differing opinions but clearly with you it's one-way traffic. I certainly don't have a 'hit-list' (Roathy apart) as I treat every thread/post on its merits...

In my humble opinion, you had a one-eyed 'pop' at the club and its players for a result that whilst being disappointing, is not the only one in a season of 46 games...

Coming as part of that post, your last paragraph is somewhat ironic in itself...! (No emojis just for you)

First off, my reply to you clearly didn’t say you insulted me. There seems to be a common theme here, you don't read posts properly.

I’m struggling to understand your motive here…….

Your original question was asking for my reasoning behind our home win against the jacks, to which I replied "this is a very good performance but this Swansea team is probably the worst we've faced in many years" and lots of people around us agreed. So for me it was their performance more than ours that effected the outcome of that game”. Please explain to me why that didn’t answer your question! Or was it because your original agenda was to accuse me for being negative towards our club so you ignored it?

I not angry mate, you could never make me angry on this forum, I’m just disappointed in you. I didn’t ask IceBlue to comment but it shows that others think this about you too. See Underhill1927 post earlier in this thread.

Explain to me why you think it’s “one-way traffic” from me when I have clearly praised Cardiff for playing well in our home game against the jacks and said Ramsey was having a positive influence on our performances before his injury?

The majority of posts in this forum since the game Saturday are having a go at that performance, are they all "one-eyed pops at the club", or have you decided to just have a go at me?

Please read my OP again, it was designed to get a feeling of how fans felt about our performance Saturday but mainly on how the jacks treat this derby compared to Cardiff and it’s been a great response with many different opinions and I’ve enjoyed reading them and replied to many. You clearly don’t read posts properly, just what you want to read.

And my last paragraph was supposed to be ironic, it was meant as a joke to lighten the mood but clearly went over your head. No sarcastic rolling eyed emoji from me.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:12 am

Iceblue wrote:
goats wrote:God only knows why we weren’t up for it Saturday, surely we knew what was coming? Got to say though the home game was completely different, they looked scared and lost, we took it to them and they crumbled for once. They allow there fans to stand next to the away fans at the Liberty and create an intimidating atmosphere, what do we do? Ban people for making it intimidating. Everything is wrong at ccfc with regard to the stadium and how they treat us…. :bluescarf:

We need a Sam like figure back here in some capacity it won’t be long before we get back to our former selves., where we care about our derbies home and away where we let the players know how important it really is to us. Because we have this we not bothered about them guess what why would the players be bothered. It’s only worth 3 points like any other league , but it is worth so much more in pride it’s the south wales derby it’s talked about nationally. It way more than the 3 points it’s about being proud and pride of our club’s performance.

I agree with you both. There is a huge gap between us and the club but that's because we are only "customers" to them.

Unfortunately I can't see anything changing with Tan at the helm. It doesn't look like he's going anywhere soon, certainly not until this Nantes thing is sorted out.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:18 am

MikeO76 wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

I agree with you both. There is a huge gap between us and the club but that's because we are only "customers" to them.

Unfortunately I can't see anything changing with Tan at the helm. It doesn't look like he's going anywhere soon, certainly not until this Nantes thing is sorted out.

They do not care one bit about us and don’t care about our club either.

They then put out bullshit via their fans spokesperson.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

They do not care one bit about us and don’t care about our club either.

They then put out bullshit via their fans spokesperson.

Annis, once this long drawn out saga with Nantes is finally over, do you think Tan will lower his asking price and accept an offer for the club?