Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blaming Bulut

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:03 pm

How can you blame him for that showing Saturday at Jack like
What he put out should have been up for the challenge to me they were like scared rabbits in headlights of cars
You can only go with what you have in front of you
So sorry those players have to stand up and look in the mirror !
Gutless showing full stop get over it and move on
As someone said on here ! Who else offers us any different I think give him money and time to bring in his own players he will succeed!
Too fickle some of our fans sadly
We ain’t good enough for a play off challenge yet
But who knows what will happen next season with a few quid chucked at him to invest in quality

Re: Blaming Bulut

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:09 pm

Some points I agree with and some I don't.

We won't get better than Bulut and the players didn't seem to be up for it, which is the biggest difference.

That Jack's team were at us from the first minute, and as Mike and Annis said in another thread, passion. We didn't have any.

That has to be down to the players however Bulut not playing Ralls has to come into the equation surely.

He apparently gave them a bollocking at half time, but that's too late, he should have been into them a week before.

We the fans also need to show up and show the players we won't tolerate less than 100 percent commitment and passion against those JBs.

I don't mind losing to a better team. I DO mind losing when we don't match the passion and the "get into them" mentality.

What has happened to us as a club when we don't care about the Derby with the caravan dwellers??

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:37 pm

Perhaps maybe
we don't have enought good welsh players at the city who understand a welsh derby.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Some points I agree with and some I don't.

We won't get better than Bulut and the players didn't seem to be up for it, which is the biggest difference.

That Jack's team were at us from the first minute, and as Mike and Annis said in another thread, passion. We didn't have any.

That has to be down to the players however Bulut not playing Ralls has to come into the equation surely.

He apparently gave them a bollocking at half time, but that's too late, he should have been into them a week before.

We the fans also need to show up and show the players we won't tolerate less than 100 percent commitment and passion against those JBs.

I don't mind losing to a better team. I DO mind losing when we don't match the passion and the "get into them" mentality.

What has happened to us as a club when we don't care about the Derby with the caravan dwellers??

Who says They didn't care! I find this statement disingenuous to our players/manager ... and what about swans players? They went in with a game plan executed it to perfection and got opposition fans basically saying they only won because opposition didn't care? Why not we were not prepared for their tactics of high press (which is alien to swansea) and their pheatrics in 1st half
We simply didn't handle the situation until 2nd half when it was more even game... just need to credit them for a well executed game plan and not acuse our team of not caring which is far from the truth.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm

montyblue wrote:Perhaps maybe
we don't have enought good welsh players at the city who understand a welsh derby.

Maybe not a welsh derby but think whole team + management team have enough experience of derby's in Glasgow Istanbul ect are they less intense for fans/players than our Derby? So surely they will understand what it means to fans.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:58 pm

Spot on :thumbup:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:15 pm

They were shot after 60mins they put everything into that hour, but we just didn't have the quality to finish then off.

If we scored they would have collapsed as they were out on their feet, but we don't have a strike force. Score and Bulut would be the messiah

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Who says They didn't care! I find this statement disingenuous to our players/manager ... and what about swans players? They went in with a game plan executed it to perfection and got opposition fans basically saying they only won because opposition didn't care? Why not we were not prepared for their tactics of high press (which is alien to swansea) and their pheatrics in 1st half
We simply didn't handle the situation until 2nd half when it was more even game... just need to credit them for a well executed game plan and not acuse our team of not caring which is far from the truth.

Basically every City fan who watched the lack of bollocks and passion from them during the game, in a blunt and simple answer to your question

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:53 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Basically every City fan who watched the lack of bollocks and passion from them during the game, in a blunt and simple answer to your question

So the club just said bollocks to this game we'll just turn up and pretend to kick football just because its Swansea and we don't care? Because that is what you ate saying... there is no half way is there...

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:07 pm

Sorry the manager had a week to work on the players physically and mentally. Then you pick a team to go for it- not 2 holding midfielders. I blame him.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:13 pm

Grandstand wrote:Sorry the manager had a week to work on the players physically and mentally. Then you pick a team to go for it- not 2 holding midfielders. I blame him.

After the results/performances of recent weeks, it was not unreasonable to pick a consistent XI to play the 'Jacks' and few on here said otherwise before kick-off; after the game suddenly people are on the manager and players backs...

Swansea started the better and our team failed to contain or react in the right way. It happens but we move on and concentrate on the next game...! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:28 pm

Sven wrote:
Grandstand wrote:Sorry the manager had a week to work on the players physically and mentally. Then you pick a team to go for it- not 2 holding midfielders. I blame him.

After the results/performances of recent weeks, it was not unreasonable to pick a consistent XI to play the 'Jacks' and few on here said otherwise before kick-off; alyer suddenly people are on the manager and players backs...

Swansea started the better and our team failed to contain or react in the right way. It happens but we move on and concentrate on the next game...! :ayatollah:

What is the old saying Never change a winning side Bulut didn't ! As you say Chris we simply didn't react to the way Swansea started game.... musnt forget they hadn't played that way all season so Bulut just used tactics to counter normal way they play can't 2nd guess opposition
tactics be surprised if any manager would....

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 pm

I don't believe any Cardiff player crossed the line not caring. Yes Swansea players looked more up for it but that's much easier when you play on the front foot.

I do blame Bulut for setting up with defensive, counter attack shape but then putting Meite, Turnbull & Bowler in the attack. None of those players have any pace.

We basically played a counter attack game with no players who could hurt Swansea on the counter.

The only chance we had was to hope they didn't take their chances from all the pressure they were undoubtedly going to create.

We had nothing to lose in this game so to go with such a negative approach was disappointing and if he thought we had no option but play deep with how aggressive Swansea were going to be, then why not play a formation and players who are actually able to achieve that plan.

Not starting Ralls in a game like that was also criminal in my opinion. I just hope he was carrying an injury.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:53 pm

Ok bulut as manager should take some of the blame but what about ralls.longest serving player,captain of the club he should have been talking to the players all week telling them what it means for the fans,he should have realised before any one else the importance of this game to us

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

carlton58 wrote:Ok bulut as manager should take some of the blame but what about ralls.longest serving player,captain of the club he should have been talking to the players all week telling them what it means for the fans,he should have realised before any one else the importance of this game to us

I'm sure he has (taken blame) and he'll now know who he can trust when the going gets tough! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:40 pm

Are you talking about = Siopis and Wintle ??? - The same 2 players who started when we Won 2-0 at Home to the Jacks .

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:03 am

Was it the manger who told them to just sit off and watch them pass it about or did the players think f**k this let's watch them have the ball and when we get the ball they hound us as in whoever is closest to the ball and every other player go tight with our players and pressure them as a team.

That's exactly what the jacks done. We didn't do anything like that
We just watched them with zero pressure.

Was that an instruction by the manager or was it a players thing. That's what baffled me the most. As soon as the whistle went they was in our faces and chased everything it was pressure galore. Why??? How comes we didn't do that??

Either the Manager told them this or the players didn't do as he said. One or the other in my opinion and why we looked pathetic 1st half. After 5 minutes I could see what the jacks was doing and what needed changing so who's to blame because the dugout just watched and done zero and the players must have thought hang on a sec there doing to us what we should be doing to them.

Instead we stood off them and admired there passing. Cringeworthy it was that nothing changed.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:35 pm

It's the managers job to prepare and motivate the team for a game of such magnitude. The manager failed miserably and there are no excuses.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:44 am

Totally on managers shoulders. A totally inept tepid performance. Questionable preparation. Predictable line up. Easy for the opponent to prep for, he is that rigid and common knowledge to other championship managers on how is tactics will be. No press, slow build up from the back, side to side passing. He is in the Trollope / Slade category for me, even Warnockball was better to watch. He saw first hand what we are capable of when our shackles are off in the injury time against a good Ipswich side. He should have started with those players. He is focused on Colwills tackling back, celebrate and encourage his strengths which is forward thinking fluid creative attacking! It’s like calling out Goutas for his poor attacking!! A less stubborn more seasoned champ manager with more variety and who sets up to win rather than setting up to lose would definitely have us higher up the league, and definitely would not have produced a shit show like that on Saturday. The jacks were flagging after an hour. Even that winning run recently, I was still unconvinced and remain so. I’m ok if he doesn’t sign a new contract. I want to to be entertained and encouraged, even if we lose and never get promotion, that we are having a good go, working the opponents keeper. Not under this guy. As always I hope to be proved wrong. But the seasons over really!