Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Buluts A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans Cardiff

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:05 am

Erol Buluts Cardiff City Side:

By TLG:

The Lone Gunman

A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans:

Cardiff City are currently on a run of 24 league games without a victory by two or more goals. The side's last win by a two-goal margin came way back in October when the Bluebirds beat Bristol City 2-0 at the CCS.

As things stand, there are only four teams in the top five divisions of English football who are on longer runs of this nature. They are Birmingham City (21st in the Championship, 27 games), Sutton United (bottom of League Two, 27 games), Carlisle United (bottom of League One, 26 games) and Rotherham United (bottom of the Championship, 26 games).

Before Saturday's fixtures, there was another side who were on a run of 26 league games without a victory by two or more goals, but they managed to win 2-0 at the weekend. Their name is Swansea City.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Buluts A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans Card

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:24 am

Remaining Fixtures:

16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City 2 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 20,005 Away Support 1,700

29/03/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Sunderland Crowd Away Support

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City v Cardiff City
06/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Hull City
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 15:00 Rotherham United (a)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:46 am

Arsenal won the league with 25 games not won by more than 1 goal out of 38 That where the 1-0 to the Arsenal chant started . But I am not in anyway putting us in that class of team Just an observation

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Arsenal won the league with 25 games not won by more than 1 goal out of 38 That where the 1-0 to the Arsenal chant started . But I am not in anyway putting us in that class of team Just an observation

Trie and Malky Mackays Championship Winners Won many games by the odd goal.

Just put it out as I thought it was an interesting stat.

I am still on the fence regarding Bulut, But I don’t see this Hierarchy getting any better managers, so just give Bulut now 1 more year so he can plan next season.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 pm

I'm with Annis on this. That is an interesting stat - not very flattering is it though!

We're not exactly a team set up for entertainment which for me is a shame as we do have the players to make us more entertaining - but they are not being used correctly most of the time!

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:46 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:I'm with Annis on this. That is an interesting stat - not very flattering is it though!

We're not exactly a team set up for entertainment which for me is a shame as we do have the players to make us more entertaining - but they are not being used correctly most of the time!

100%

With you on that, Buluts football is not entertaining at and can be dull and dire

We sit back on so many matches.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Arsenal won the league with 25 games not won by more than 1 goal out of 38 That where the 1-0 to the Arsenal chant started . But I am not in anyway putting us in that class of team Just an observation

I am still on the fence regarding Bulut, But I don’t see this Hierarchy getting any better managers, so just give Bulut now 1 more year so he can plan next season.

Agree with you I was not surprised by the stat thou Which most likely is an indication of the state of affairs as an attacking team this season. I think the vast majority are on the fence. On the one hand we are in a better position than the vast majority would have thought at the end of last season and on the other the football at times has been dire and If you took someone to one of our games for their first ever sight of football they would never watch another game lol

Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 pm

Not only is that stat surprising it’s a bit worrisome too. Had half of those games been drawn we’d have 24 less point which would put in deep trouble.

I get that a win is a win and three points in the bag regardless the score but it just goes to show how slim the margins are in this division

Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:21 pm

CooperS wrote:Not only is that stat surprising it’s a bit worrisome too. Had half of those games been drawn we’d have 24 less point which would put in deep trouble.

I get that a win is a win and three points in the bag regardless the score but it just goes to show how slim the margins are in this division

Lots of ifs and but If we score one more goal a game we would be 20 points better off and i a good play off position We have the points on the board and that is what matters

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Somebody might correct me but wasn’t it a stat that Mackay’s promotion team didn’t win a game by more than a goal ?

In any event, as you say, it doesn’t really matter as long as you’re winning games.

I think we have to accept that Bulut’s approach will be cautious. I think you’ll see a slightly higher pressing and pacey approach if he’s allowed to get his own players in.

I’m with you. I’m not wholly convinced by Bulut but we have to remember he has been able to spend any big money on fees yet. By sticking within FFP in January I would hope that we have now given ourselves some wriggle room in the summer and I think Bulut has done enough to have at least another year. I just can’t see any other, better, realistic options out there.

Take the emotion out and most people would have been pretty happy at the start of the season if we were offered a top half/ten finish and winning 3 out of 4 of the derbies.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:38 pm

Points Make Prizes ;)