Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EFL all Football Clubs are pleased by today’s arrival

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 pm

This is positive News for all clubs fans in the EFL

But it still won’t get our clubs ( CCFC) hierarchy and players etc get closer to our fans while certain Supporters groups are under control of Dalman and Choo.

Our club needs independent Supporters groups allowed to speak and meet the Clubs Hierarchy, NOT YES MEN.

Sadly CCFC have got further away from their fans than ever.

EFL Football Clubs are pleased by today’s arrival of the Football Governance Bill to Parliament and joins the @EFL in hoping that it proves to be a significant step forward in securing the long-term financial health and sustainability of the pyramid in this country.

Today we introduce a new law in parliament to sort football governance.

Preventing breakaway leagues like the European Super League

Conducting stronger tests to stop clubs falling into the wrong hands

Making sure fans’ voices are front and centre

Re: EFL all Football Clubs are pleased by today’s arrival

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 pm

:thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 pm

FOR ALL EFL CLUBS SUPPORTERS:

Today has seen a big and important development as it has been announced that the Government Bill will be placed before Parliament today. It is expected to be voted through with a very large majority as the White Paper received support from all major parties and both Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer have publicly given their strong support.

The above development means that the appointment of an Independent Regulator of English Football (IREF) will be in place sooner than later and the football industry will be obliged to implement new procedures, including ensuring that full and proper consultation is held with appointed fans groups on strategic matters.

The FAB groups are set up to hold meetings with the club and be consulted on higher level strategic matters such as the club strategy going forward, its board structure, potential new investment and any major plans for ground development etc. This is the level of consultation required under the Government White Paper and Bill so FAB members are not diverted away from such key issues by too much discussion of issues to be dealt with in other formats available to fans.

Matters such as travel and ticketing arrangements will not be on the FAB agenda but will continue to be discussed at the regular Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO) meetings where such matters should be raised.

There will also be bi-annual Fans Parliament meetings where a larger number of fans will have the opportunity to be addressed by senior club officials in a more informal way (Although the first such Fans Parliament meeting due to be held this month was cancelled at short notice).

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 pm

This is positive News for all clubs fans in the EFL

But it still won’t get our clubs ( CCFC) hierarchy and players etc get closer to our fans while certain Supporters groups are under control of Dalman and Choo.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 pm

We, the supporters, have recently heralded the voting of individuals to the Fans Advisory Board...

Let's give them a chance and hope all other parties, clubs, EFL and IREF, get on board in an open and honest fashion...

Any such collaboratiin will only be as good as the sum of its parts... :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 pm

Sven wrote:We, the supporters, have recently heralded the voting of individuals to the Fans Advisory Board...

Let's give them a chance and hope all other parties, clubs, EFL and IREF, get on board in an open and honest fashion...

Any such collaboratiin will only be as good as the sum of its parts... :ayatollah:

Watch for big 6 taking things to court when it makes decisions against what they want? Already said will fight decisions made by regulator.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:We, the supporters, have recently heralded the voting of individuals to the Fans Advisory Board...

Watch for big 6 taking things to court when it makes decisions against what they want? Already said will fight decisions made by regulator.

Sadly, Allan, the so-called 'elite' are edging towards a closed Euro League and won't give a fig for anything outside its own interests; such is the 'modern' way... :cry:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This is positive News for all clubs fans in the EFL

Chris,

I know hundreds of season tickets holders including my 3 were not allowed to vote and never got emails?????

Plus (Although the first such CCFC Fans Parliament meeting due to be held this month was cancelled at short notice).

Chris,

This Hierarchy I will say again do not give a f**k for our club or it’s fans.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 pm

Apparently it was mainly Leeds

Lord John Man Independent advisor to the UK Govt:

The only organised Westminster football club supporters group is the Leeds United Supporters group who I am sure will be very active during the progress of the football regulation Bill

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Chris,

I know hundreds of season tickets holders including my 3 were not allowed to vote and never got emails?????

Plus (Although the first such CCFC Fans Parliament meeting due to be held this month was cancelled at short notice).

Chris,

Annis, no vote really...? :shock: That stinks! :banghead:

Thinking back, I never received an email, I just went on to the platform and voted as a season ticket holder...

We've had lots of conversations on the subject of our owners and you know my thoughts on who I'd like to see running the show...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:01 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Sadly, Allan, the so-called 'elite' are edging towards a closed Euro League and won't give a fig for anything outside its own interests; such is the 'modern' way... :cry:

Chris they are trying very hard to prevent ncastle amongst others to get foothold in premier league ...... top 6 voted out several rules that would give ncastle more scope to raise funds ... you watch them come to a deal with efl now regulator is coming .. but garauntee it won't be best for the efl as they've said dont want to give efl any more money if can help it

Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Chris,

Chris,

Annis, no vote really...? :shock: That stinks! :banghead:

Thinking back, I never received an email, I just went on to the platform and voted as a season ticket holder...

We've had lots of conversations on the subject of our owners and you know my thoughts on who I'd like to see running the show...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

We were all suppose to get emails according to Dalmans Spokesman Morgan, I asked several times so did many others

Those on the platform other than Vince you will find to be nodding dogs.

They had to let Vince on as the majority thankfully voted for him.