Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rob Page: “ Erol Bulut, What’s all the fuss about?”

Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:23 pm

Erol Bulut said he expected Page to be in touch before naming him in the Wales squad and including Ramsey , before advising the national team boss "to have better communication with us".

Page: “My Medical team say Ramsey is fit and his injury was not as bad as what was being said.”

But Page has hit back by saying he has a number of lines of communication and said he didn't know "Erol what all the fuss is about".

Speaking ahead of the crucial Finland play-off on Wednesday, Page said: "We are in constant communication. I trust my medical team. I don't need to have a conversation with the (Cardiff) manager.

"I know their medical team. Their head of medical was my physio when I was manager at Port Vale. Their club doctor is our U21s doctor. There has never been a better relationship. I don't know what all the fuss is about to be honest. We just want the player fit, both Cardiff and ourselves.

"If there is a breakdown in communication it's between their manager and their medical team. There has been no problem.

"The diagnosis of his initial problem was nowhere near as bad as what they first said. So if I have got an opportunity to get Aaron into the squad I am going to take it. He is not match fit, of course he is not, but he can have an impact. Even in training, he can have an impact.

“My medical team say Ramsey is fit.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rob Page: “ Erol Bulut, What’s all the fuss about?”

Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:33 pm

Rob Page on Erol Bulut’s request for better communication:

“I trust my medical team. I don't need to have a conversation with the (Cardiff) manager.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:52 pm

It's called professional curtesy! You dont expect
A club manager being told by medical staff who was told by wales medical staff they are playing rambo? Such arrogance is what causes problems between international and club management... you pick up the fone and discuss the players situation especially the importance of Rambo yo club and Country.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:59 pm

Page is an idiot.

Whatever you think of Bulut, it is the right thing to talk to him.

Just showing why he’s unfit to be an international manager.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:18 pm

I actually really dislike Page attitude on this

Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I actually really dislike Page attitude on this

“I completely agree with you”

Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 pm

I agree with Pembroke. It’s professional courtesy. Ramsey has been out for a long time and the supporters of his club have been very patient and tolerant. His arrogance is highlighted again. A man who got the job by default and an awful tactician. Whether we qualify or not I still think he should go. Due to their extremely in form partnership at Leeds , Ampadu and Rodon should play at the back. But I bet Page doesn’t.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 pm

Brezza wrote:I agree with Pembroke. It’s professional courtesy. Ramsey has been out for a long time and the supporters of his club have been very patient and tolerant. His arrogance is highlighted again. A man who got the job by default and an awful tactician. Whether we qualify or not I still think he should go. Due to their extremely in form partnership at Leeds , Ampadu and Rodon should play at the back. But I bet Page doesn’t.

Your probably right but if plays Ampadu at centre half who steps in alongside Jordan James as the holding midfielder. There's bound to be a wish to capitalise on the Leeds pairing but he can fill the defensive role with Mepham. There's nobody of that standing to fill in at defensive midfield position. As a matter of interest name your front three out of Moore, D James, Brookes, Wilson, Johnson or Broadhead. He'll no doubt get loads of flak who ever he selects. It wont be easy game tomorrow and should we win tomorrow then Page lives or dies on our result against Poland, probably. Given the fact we've not beaten them for over 50 years he's got a very tough job keeping his job.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:20 pm

Epping - indeed the front 3 is difficult but I’m sure it will be Johnson Moore and James. But the central midfield is an issue. I’m less sure about Ampadu there purely because he is do susceptible to silly tackles and getting sent off. So I guess he plays Morell in there. He must also find room for Neco as he adds spark. But I bet you Connor Roberts is there as his favourite in a 352. But I’m really just guessing now. I hope we win 6 v 0 and Ramsey doesn’t appear

Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:42 am

Brezza wrote:Epping - indeed the front 3 is difficult but I’m sure it will be Johnson Moore and James. But the central midfield is an issue. I’m less sure about Ampadu there purely because he is do susceptible to silly tackles and getting sent off. So I guess he plays Morell in there. He must also find room for Neco as he adds spark. But I bet you Connor Roberts is there as his favourite in a 352. But I’m really just guessing now. I hope we win 6 v 0 and Ramsey doesn’t appear

I would seriously consider starting Savage in midfield.

He’s playing in League One but is honestly much better than that level.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:I actually really dislike Page attitude on this

100% Annis, very disrespectful and unprofessional but really should we expect anything less from a two bit coach who has dragged Welsh football back 10 years?
A crop of really good youngsters are going to be wrecked unless they get rid of him and get a proper coach in ( not Giggs ), a proper coach.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:23 am

Brezza wrote:Epping - indeed the front 3 is difficult but I’m sure it will be Johnson Moore and James. But the central midfield is an issue. I’m less sure about Ampadu there purely because he is do susceptible to silly tackles and getting sent off. So I guess he plays Morell in there. He must also find room for Neco as he adds spark. But I bet you Connor Roberts is there as his favourite in a 352. But I’m really just guessing now. I hope we win 6 v 0 and Ramsey doesn’t appear

Morell's was injured and out for the season at the beginning of Feb. Its a balance, do you think the team is more weakened having Mepham in the back or a novice in the defensive midfield position. I'd probably go with playing Mepham as we're much stronger in the defensive midfield with Ampadu there. As far as his rash tackles they seem to be much less a part of his game as he's matured. I've always been a Roberts fan to be honest and I think he plays on the right with Neco on the left.

Up front its a difficult choice with no right or wrong formation / players. I wouldn't argue against your proposal but it will leave out Harry Wilson, the first player to score 2 goals in a competitive game other than Bale and Ramsey since the days of Jason Koumas. I'm ignoring the China cup in that but you get the principal. And I thought he was mad starting Brookes against Croatia but his guile proved crucial. I instinctively thought that as he was limited in fitness that would be better utilised towards the end of the game. Similarly today there's a more than reasonable argument to bring Johnson and James on in the second half when they're fresh and the finish defence fatigued.

It wont be 6-0 and don't be surprised if Ramsey enters the pitch sometime in the second half if we're struggling to break them down. I'm more relaxed about Ramsey's inclusion than most on here. To be honest we have little chance of making the play offs and virtually nil chance of going up where as Wales are 2 results from qualifying for another tournament. That's achievable.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:36 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Page is an idiot.

Whatever you think of Bulut, it is the right thing to talk to him.

Just showing why he’s unfit to be an international manager.

Agreed he will play him if there is half a chance and not care about Cardiff after this break, he should be trying to build bridges and get Bulut onside not basically saying he's a tw@t to the media!