Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The 70 yr old Cardiff fan who got beat up by Ipswich fans as

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:47 am

The 70 yr old Cardiff fan who got beat up by Ipswich fans as our fans walked out past / shocking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The 70 yr old Cardiff fan who got beat up by Ipswich fan

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:59 am

I pray they throw the book at those 5 men.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:14 pm

My 13 yr old son and I chose at the last minute to not walk down Sloper, and we got on the train at NP. It was all fine mixed with Ipswich and Cardiff, until some of our youth heading Northbound started giving the big one, which changed the dynamic. It was all fine though. Just hurled insults.

If we had walked down Sloper and saw the incident, my first thought would be who is who? is that ours beating up a few Ipswich (assuming you couldn’t see scarves or colours in the melee) which obviously wasn’t the case, and secondly if it was obvious it was the other way round which proved to be the case, my instinct in years go by would be to get in and help our numbers, but now it would be to focus on my son, tell him to look away and carry on walking. Maybe that was the case for the people who did walk past. If not, then the unfortunate gentleman is very justified in his comments. Despite the risk of being caught on camera and probably end up in as much trouble as the perpetrators.

I wonder why the police have been withdrawn? These cowards need to be caught. It was very ugly and horrific for father and son. I hated reading the original post. I am glad that they seem to be ok.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:19 pm

City fans just walking past just shows the club has gone to the dogs.

Those who just walked past should be ashamed.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:45 pm

Tricky one.. a guy I knew got involved in similar circumstances and got 6 months. Juries don't tend to believe evidence from football fans.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:00 am

Sorry but I could never walk past no way could I this club as gone way to soft it’s shameful anyway I hope your on the mend mate this should never have happened in and around your own city

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:29 am

Roath_Blue wrote:City fans just walking past just shows the club has gone to the dogs.

Those who just walked past should be ashamed.

Here here :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 am

Don’t accept sympathy on here mate the club and fans is fucked Britain full of lefties and too gooders

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:01 pm

Gaffer wrote:Don’t accept sympathy on here mate the club and fans is fucked Britain full of lefties and too gooders

Or people that aren’t natural fighters that want to get involved in such an incident.

I’d have at least tried to help but that’s just me, knowing this country I would have been done for interfering and get jail time.