Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who gets your vote in the election?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: October election - who gets your vote?

Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:26 pm

I will be voting conservative this time. Anyone who knows me well will know I’m not your typical conservative voter, although through hard work , and some luck along the way , the current political climate makes me think that conservative politics will benefit me slightly more than the current alternative political party.

I have in the past voted Labour and liberal democratic parties and may even vote for those two next time depending upon what they are going to say about their policies and manifesto promises.

People who vote for the same party over and over again don’t think clearly.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:35 pm

I'm struggling this election. It's like chosing between Michael Jackson or R Kelly to look after your kids.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:15 pm

Anyone who votes Labour needs there head testing. They have run Wales into the ground. I don’t support any party but will vote for whoever it takes to get them out. My worry being if everyone spreads there votes it will hand Labour the majority.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:45 pm

Reform Party are the best of a bad bunch.
The Conservatives must be removed from power, they have INCREASED immigration while pledging to drastically reduce immigration. They are taking their voters for mugs and need time in opposition to refocus their priorities and start telling the truth about immigration. Don't be fooled by Conservative "hard" talk on immigration during this campaign, it's all LIES.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:11 pm

I don't believe that reform will steal all the Tory voters.. labour will lose a hell of a lot to reform as well... labour are no longer a party for the working classes..they are the new green party...there is no labour politician fighting for steel workers or farmers in Wales..so if you want plenty of trees vote labour..if you want good infrastructure,jobs energy security and health service..avoid labour..they have shafted Wales for the last 20 years or so

Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:29 pm

A reminder to not use a football forum to sway my political vote, also. :laughing6:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Anyone who votes Labour needs there head testing. They have run Wales into the ground. I don’t support any party but will vote for whoever it takes to get them out. My worry being if everyone spreads there votes it will hand Labour the majority.

Tories have run the UK into the ground and provide the funding for the Welsh and Scottish governments!!!

Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:Anyone who votes Labour needs there head testing. They have run Wales into the ground. I don’t support any party but will vote for whoever it takes to get them out. My worry being if everyone spreads there votes it will hand Labour the majority.

Tories have run the UK into the ground and provide the funding for the Welsh and Scottish governments!!!

They do provide funding , primarily using the Barnett Formula, but Wales is solely responsible in respect of how they spend their money allocated ( health, education and housing costs ) do you honestly believe they spend what their given wisely?

Most people would say they spent their money recklessly, especially given they are allowed “so little” ( using your own narrative).

I wonder if they will press ahead with increasing the number of A.M’s ( cost in the millions) when they have very little powers.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:38 pm

Welsh Labour have destroyed what little was left of Wales. More importantly, they’ve destroyed hope.
Ambition is a word censored in that carbuncle. When you’re paid up, you talk shit like Drakeford and Gething. And shit is what we’re served.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:03 pm

An interesting cross section of politial views. After all, we can't all agree.
However with the latest political polls suggesting;
Labour have 43.6%, Tories have 24.6%, Liberal have 9.8%, SNP have a little less and others appear almost negligible, it currently looks like Labour have this in the bag.
I think the Tories have made a complete hash of things in general over the 14 years when it comes to important issues such as the NHS and Social care sector.
For me, personally, austerity meant I hardly had any salary increase to my public sector pay for a number of years prior to retirement; followed by the current freeze in the tax threshold, which was the final straw, There is no way I would vote for Conservatives.
I am far worse off than I was on course for back in 2010 at the stage of life I have now reached!
I can understand people looking to these small independent parties who promise the world but will never have the chance to implement their ideas. However in all honesty, we all know it will be one of the two big parties who will win the general election.
Judging by current opinion polls, Labour will walk it by 361 votes to Consevatives 193, Liberals 39, SNP 34; others in single figures.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:27 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Judging by current opinion polls, Labour will walk it by 361 votes to Consevatives 193, Liberals 39, SNP 34; others in single figures.

Well if this happens, most likely will then as a country we are going nowhere.

What we need is a total collapse of one of the main parties. This next GE I would like to see a return of only about 80 Tory MPs. This will certainly shake up the system. I would like to see some of the other parties gain from the Conservative collapse but I think it will only make the Labour party stronger. Whatever way it goes it will certainly make a lot of people think.

Labour are left and the British public do not want a left sided regime in place. Keir Starmer is a moderate like Tony Blair, a central ground politician. He knows the country will not vote in a left wing government. Blair did a good job holding the central ground but I feel Starmer will struggle to do that. Its a different country to when Blair was running it. I can honestly see civil unrest happening.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Judging by current opinion polls, Labour will walk it by 361 votes to Consevatives 193, Liberals 39, SNP 34; others in single figures.

What we need is a total collapse of one of the main parties. This next GE I would like to see a return of only about 80 Tory MPs. This will certainly shake up the system. I would like to see some of the other parties gain from the Conservative collapse but I think it will only make the Labour party stronger. Whatever way it goes it will certainly make a lot of people think.

Labour are left and the British public do not want a left sided regime in place. Keir Starmer is a moderate like Tony Blair, a central ground politician. He knows the country will not vote in a left wing government. Blair did a good job holding the central ground but I feel Starmer will struggle to do that. Its a different country to when Blair was running it. I can honestly see civil unrest happening.

I think Starmer and Sunak are Globalist shills, so it will make very little difference, to the average punter, who’s in No 10. Companies like Blackrock, State Street and Vanguard run the World. Civil unrest is predicted by Klaus Schwab as part of the path to the New World Order

Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:43 pm

Jock wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I think Starmer and Sunak are Globalist shills, so it will make very little difference, to the average punter, who’s in No 10. Companies like Blackrock, State Street and Vanguard run the World. Civil unrest is predicted by Klaus Schwab as part of the path to the New World Order

All interesting reads this NWO. You left out Rothchilds.

Do you believe in an Anti Christ appearance?

Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:21 pm

I’m a little bit politically homeless.
Im typically a “conservative” in so much I prefer smaller government, less meddling and bureaucracy, lower taxes.

I’m not a “Tory” however.

That all means I won’t vote labour because politically I don’t agree with their policies. However I feel the conservatives haven’t done a lot.

I’m not a reform voter, I’m quite libertarian in many ways.

I think as poor as the tories have been however. Their major issue is that they haven’t “done” anything. Strikes me based on wales and the last labour government that labour so lots of “reform” based on ideology, much of which is poorly thought out (not all).

The problem is when the conservatives get in they don’t do anything at all to correct it. The NHS dental contract is a glaring example. While in wales we continue with the ideological decision making.

The tories don’t have ideology. They are just happy to stay there not doing much.

So who do I vote for? Not labour. But not sure who else.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:23 pm

As an addendum to my above post.

There is not much difference between starmer and sunak imho. Different sides of the same coin. I don’t think starmer is “labour” and I don’t think sunak is “conservative”.

Fwiw I think if we get a labour government then starmer won’t do much different to what is happening now. But it would concerning for me whoever he is replaced by.

Sunak god only knows.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:26 pm

welshrarebit wrote:
Fwiw I think if we get a labour government then starmer won’t do much different to what is happening now. But it would concerning for me whoever he is replaced by.

Left winger which is the risk voting in Labour.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:40 pm

This is the Deputy Leader of the Welsh Labour Government - Carolyn Harris.

https://x.com/bgatesisapyscho/status/17 ... SD2aRt-GNg

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 pm

Labour….No. Dickford and his cronies have been an absolute disaster for Wales…Starmer is no better

Lib Democrat…No. Irrelevant and a wasted vote

Plaid Cymru…No. Live in cloud cuckoo land

Conservative…No. Best of a bad bunch but too much sleaze. Boris and Cummins were an absolute disgrace and vile human beings

For the first time ever I’m probably not even going to vote they are all cack!!

Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:30 pm

I look forward to the conservatives getting absolutely battered

Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:A bunch of paid liars the lot of them. They would tell you anything to get in the hot seat. False promises galore.

I'd love for some of these toffee nose cockroaches to try live in the real world week to week while there running about on tax payers money with expenses, let alone the crazy money there already on. Then again they just give themselves a rise to suit inflation.

Parasites the lot of them. :oops:

And that's just WAG...! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

Sludge wrote:I look forward to the conservatives getting absolutely battered

Yep they simply do not deserve another term.

Its where their vote is going to that concerns me.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

NONE OF THEM:

I can’t stand them all, All Liars and are Controlled by America and Terrorists Israel.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

Mr Ducie wrote:I will be voting conservative this time. Anyone who knows me well will know I’m not your typical conservative voter, although through hard work , and some luck along the way , the current political climate makes me think that conservative politics will benefit me slightly more than the current alternative political party.

I have in the past voted Labour and liberal democratic parties and may even vote for those two next time depending upon what they are going to say about their policies and manifesto promises.

People who vote for the same party over and over again don’t think clearly.

Joff Conservatives and Labour will never ever get my vote again.

Both liars and controlled by America and Israel Terrorists.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Jock wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

All interesting reads this NWO. You left out Rothchilds.

Do you believe in an Anti Christ appearance?

The anti Christ has hidden in full sight for years, he is Neil Lennon.

Bill Gates is the biggest agricultural land owner in the USA and the 2nd biggest contributor to the WHO. Companies like Vanguard control more money than the GDP of most countries, politicians start forever wars , Afghanistan, Syria, Palastine and Ukraine being examples, then the military industrial complex ( that many of them hold shares in) makes trillions. I honestly believe we’re being played. Keep us divided by gender, age, sexuality, race, religion or social class and we’re easier to control or less likely to rebel.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Sludge wrote:I look forward to the conservatives getting absolutely battered

They are going to lose quite badly and rightly so, but becareful on this board snowflake, you can't privately message Mike and campaign to get people banned.