Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who gets your vote in the election?

You may select 1 option

View results

October election - who gets your vote?

Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:42 pm

Rumours getting stronger that there will be an October election. So it’s potentially just over six months away.

I’m an active member of the Labour Party (more so since Keir brought the party back to reality) and the general consensus is that October was the most likely date. That’s partly due to the fact they’re not keen on another winter election, the economy isn’t in a state for the Government to call an election in the spring/summer and the US election is in November.

Who would get your vote as it stands?

For the reasons above, I will obviously vote Labour as I always do.

It seems a foregone conclusion that Labour will win, but the votes for other parties will obviously determine how big that majority will be.

Re: October election - who gets your vote?

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:40 am

A bunch of paid liars the lot of them. They would tell you anything to get in the hot seat. False promises galore.

I'd love for some of these toffee nose cockroaches to try live in the real world week to week while there running about on tax payers money with expenses, let alone the crazy money there already on. Then again they just give themselves a rise to suit inflation.

Parasites the lot of them. :oops:

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:49 am

if Labour get in, it'll be time to run for the hills. The Tories are not perfect, but are surely the best of a bad bunch.

If Labour in Wales are anything to go by - and they are bad - a Labour win for the UK will be a disaster.

The BIG problem in Wales is that many people vote in the same way that their Father/Grandfather did (I used to)....all very romantic, but the reality is, Labour are not the same party they were.

Keir Starmer is no different to Drakeford :banghead:

Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 am

Woodruff wrote:if Labour get in, it'll be time to run for the hills. The Tories are not perfect, but are surely the best of a bad bunch.

If Labour in Wales are anything to go by - and they are bad - a Labour win for the UK will be a disaster.

The BIG problem in Wales is that many people vote in the same way that their Father/Grandfather did (I used to)....all very romantic, but the reality is, Labour are not the same party they were.

Keir Starmer is no different to Drakeford :banghead:

Drakeford was Starmer's puppet and the way Wales has been ruined by Drakeford will be repeated by Starmer on a national scale.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:29 am

I’m a very practical man and the only party that has done any practical good, as far as I can see, for my (Heath Cardiff)is the Lib Dems.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 am

Irrespective of who gets in very little will change.when Labour get in it will all be about devisive side issues, like what toilet a transvestite can use or Mexican hats are racist. Meanwhile the massive wealth transfer will continue unabated. Starmer has said he’s more comfortable at the WEF than in the Commons.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:31 am

Non of the above, there is no Leader out there to vote for. All a bunch of overpaid poor morons who have no idea how to lead a country. Vote Labour and nothing will change apart from the valley's becoming poorer. Conservatives live on a different planet and want your money to fund their lavish lifestyles. No other party really has a chance because of the out of date voting system. Probably a protest vote for me.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 am

I’ve always voted Labour all my life but 20 mph means I’m abstaining this time.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:01 am

I've always voted Labour, but the way Dickford has controlled Wales is making me think differently this time.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:58 am

I can’t believe people vote for the same parties each GE and expect things to change and get better. Labour and the Conservatives are the same side of the coin. In Wales under Labour we have the worst performing NHS, they are filling up hotels with illegals, wages are the lowest in the UK, the education attainment levels in Wales are the lowest in the UK and Wales keep voting them in. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Vote Labour get Islam. Vote Conservatives get mass immigration = vote Conservative get Islam. Vote REFORM get change. British people put first, stop immigration and the destruction of our culture and way of life. No brainer. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:59 am

Wardy64 wrote:I can’t believe people vote for the same parties each GE and expect things to change and get better. Labour and the Conservatives are the same side of the coin. In Wales under Labour we have the worst performing NHS, they are filling up hotels with illegals, wages are the lowest in the UK, the education attainment levels in Wales are the lowest in the UK and Wales keep voting them in. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Vote Labour get Islam. Vote Conservatives get mass immigration = vote Conservative get Islam. Vote REFORM get change. British people put first, stop immigration and the destruction of our culture and way of life. No brainer. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I have no real issue with what you say except for one thing-the NHS.The Tories would have you believe that the NHS under Labour is not as cost effective as their counterparts in England until it is pointed out that the cost incurred is down to the legacy of generations of heavy industry and the long term disease and and medical conditions that go with it.They don't seem to have this problem in leafy Surrey or Hampshire or Norfolk and the like. To many on here form opinions on soundbites where as the truth always lies a bit deeper.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:00 pm

interesting the right wing vote is already being split on here between Reform and the Tories. The conservatives may get obliterated in the general election because of this. They've brought it upon themselves though with their in-fighting, self-serving lies, party gate and crashing the economy under Liz Truss.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:57 pm

I think this will be around my 10th GE and I have voted for Libs, labour & Tories equally as I drifted from poor council estate kid to grown up with house and adult kids.

My values have always been the same, the state is there to support you in times of need but it can't be a lifestyle choice

No one will want to discuss that the NHS is not fit for purpose, its a monster from its original inception and needs a huge overall but that will be taboo

No one will want to talk about the massive debt the country is saddled with. New Labours miracle PFI's, the banking crisis, covid, and oil sanctions have created repayments worse than WW2.

Its not 1997 all over. The only similar but is the tories are spent and need to be culled, far too many self interests and ego's. But unlike 97 there is no love for Starmer. Blairs labour were all style and did next to FA in reality and were just red tories, I am OK with that but they have too many special interest groups in their tent for my liking.

Reform has too many old nutters who still haven't realised most of the country's issues were because the Tories kept Thatcher far too long and think she was the messiah even though it was the Tories who binned her. They have one sensible policy, no one should pay income tax on min wage!

Tories - need to go

Labour - anyone but the Tories, Starmer is safe so may go there without any conviction.

Plaid- :lol: Never

One interesting thing will be the actual election. I used to live in Cardiff North but moved to Miskin 2001 which is in Pontypridd's constituency ( I don't know why either), so went from canvassers knocking my door every evening to nothing for 20 years as they weighed labour votes there. I have moved back, should I expect leaflets and door knockers all the time again ?

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 pm

Deffo not the 20mph gang

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

My MP is a guy called Andrew Brigden. About a year ago he was a Conservative until the Tories kick him out. He had become famous for his stand against Covid and the Excess Death reports. Before that he had a reputation of going against Tory policy and the Covid stance was the last straw as far as the Conservative party was concerned. He now is an Independent.

He is going to stand at the next GE and it will be interesting to see how he does. Although I don't know anyone who likes him where I live he will be getting my vote.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:42 pm

Labour likely to win by a mile.
Personally, I live off my private pension. (not quite reached state pension age)
Since the Tories froze the tax threshold, with fiscal drag, my pension is being increasingly taxed and I'm certainly worse off financially in recent years.
I couldn't care less about the council elections, but after 14 long years, it's time for the rich peoples party to be removed at the general election and let's have a bit more help for those of us on lower incomes and pensions!

Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:My MP is a guy called Andrew Brigden. About a year ago he was a Conservative until the Tories kick him out. He had become famous for his stand against Covid and the Excess Death reports. Before that he had a reputation of going against Tory policy and the Covid stance was the last straw as far as the Conservative party was concerned. He now is an Independent.

He is going to stand at the next GE and it will be interesting to see how he does. Although I don't know anyone who likes him where I live he will be getting my vote.

Told by the Whip that he’ll be proven right in 20 years but there’s no appetite for looking into covid side effects at the moment. Meanwhile Van Tam slips into a very well remunerated post at Morderna

Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 pm

voting reform this time..got to get rid of torys and the useless labour party..labour has murdered wales and take us all for granted

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:29 pm

Won't even be voting, no matter who is in they will all be about themselves and nothing changes for the better, just picking who you want to f*ck you over until the next election

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:49 pm

Conservatives

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:57 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Won't even be voting, no matter who is in they will all be about themselves and nothing changes for the better, just picking who you want to f*ck you over until the next election

I completely understand your frustrations but nothing will ever change for the better by posting on a football forum. Have a voice and vote, it's a privilege millions in the world don't have and sometimes die for. Alexei Navalny never stopped believing things can change for the better.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:14 pm

Quote In reality should I expect leaflets and door knockers all the time again ?
Answer Yes, I will definitely be voting for the party with the best knockers

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:15 pm

How anyone can vote labour in beats me .
They do say tho it will only get better after it gets worse - it will get worse a lot quicker if labour are in -
My vote is conservative

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:41 pm

Baffles me that people won’t vote Labour because of the things they may do this time around, but vote Conservative with the state of the country at the moment.

Why not vote someone else?

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:45 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:Won't even be voting, no matter who is in they will all be about themselves and nothing changes for the better, just picking who you want to f*ck you over until the next election

I completely understand your frustrations but nothing will ever change for the better by posting on a football forum. Have a voice and vote, it's a privilege millions in the world don't have and sometimes die for. Alexei Navalny never stopped believing things can change for the better.

Totally understand where you are coming from but I genuinely have no hope in any of the parties that are there, I feel a complete reform of party politics is needed

Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:52 pm

I think that there is no real choice between the main parties, which, imv, includes Plaid, the SNP and the Greens - along with Lab, Lib and Con. I am not overly impressed with Reform but at least it represents a different brand that we should try. How could anyone get impressed with Sunak and Starmer ffs? One thing is sure - until people start voting for alternatives, even if these don't have a big chance of winning initially, then we will be stuck forever with the pathetic main parties.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:43 pm

So Drakeford and co continually blamed the UK Government for the problems but it is Welsh Labour who runs Wales and has done for many years. It is they who want to run the country and yet economically and the health and education sectors are the :bluescarf: worse in the UK. It is easy to blame others isn’t it. None of the parties are in a good state. But between them - Starmer and Smug Guessing will be a disaster. There is a perception that all be well when the Tories lose out. Just wait and see. The Senedd are like a dictatorship. A living nightmare and another 30 paid by the tax payers are joining the ranks. Still - if :bluebird: end beat Sunderland I will be happier :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:31 am

Borders Blue wrote:I think that there is no real choice between the main parties, which, imv, includes Plaid, the SNP and the Greens - along with Lab, Lib and Con. I am not overly impressed with Reform but at least it represents a different brand that we should try. How could anyone get impressed with Sunak and Starmer ffs? One thing is sure - until people start voting for alternatives, even if these don't have a big chance of winning initially, then we will be stuck forever with the pathetic main parties.

If you knew what the SNP and Greens have done to Scotland I doubt you’d be in a rush to support them. Hard to believe I know but they actually make the Tory’s look competent.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:16 pm

Have voted Conservative at every election in my working life BUT I too think that they need a major shake/wake up.

Proud to have voted BREXIT for various reasons but mainly our sovereignty (British) BUT with an 80+ seat majority the Government could have passed everything brought before the commons BUT failed to fulfill the wishes of the electorate?

European rules are still binding us and frustrating us big time.

Labour (for the working man !!! Fuc-ing hypocrites) have Fuc-ed Wales, Plaid Cymru would do the same or similar, Libs want to take us back into European Parliament.

VOTE LABOUR - NEVER
VOTE LIB DEMS - NEVER
VOTE PLAID CYMRU - NEVER
VOTE CONSERVATIVE - ALWAYS BUT NOT THIS ELECTION JUST TO MAKE A POINT
VOTE REFORM - WILL GET MY VOTE JUST TO SHOW THE CONSERVATIVES THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND VERY WANTING

I have no doubt that a vote for reform is virtually a vote for Labour as it will split the Conservative votes BUT I think Labour will win enough votes to make the next Government anyway(God help us all !!), so minimal losses and hopefully the Conservatives can take a long long hard look at themselves and come back in 4/5 years with the people and policies that people like me (and I think there are a lot of us) want to see in our great United Kingdom.

Proud to be BRITISH
Proud to be WELSH

:bluescarf: :old:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:08 pm

Jock wrote:
Borders Blue wrote:I think that there is no real choice between the main parties, which, imv, includes Plaid, the SNP and the Greens - along with Lab, Lib and Con. I am not overly impressed with Reform but at least it represents a different brand that we should try. How could anyone get impressed with Sunak and Starmer ffs? One thing is sure - until people start voting for alternatives, even if these don't have a big chance of winning initially, then we will be stuck forever with the pathetic main parties.

If you knew what the SNP and Greens have done to Scotland I doubt you’d be in a rush to support them. Hard to believe I know but they actually make the Tory’s look competent.

100% Jock, couple of my pals are actually thinking of moving their businesses South if SNP get back in with Greens support as they think that they are killing Scotland.