Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VT valuation of CCFC?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:54 pm

Don’t forget I had over 3hrs just Tan and I talking and i was promised a lot of things would not happen and he went against his word.

Tan was telling My Daughters want a True Blue I was etc etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:56 pm

Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Can someone explain why Tan selling to Sam would be "losing face" for Tan?

well hes said in lots of news articles that he would never sell to sam, hes a ego maniac selling to sam would make him feel like hes been defeated.

i for one would welcome sam back with open arms, his dreams for cardiff where huge did he make mistakes ? of course he did who dont, but he done everything for his love for the club and welsh people at that!

im sure sam being the smart businessman he is now has alot more money, so he would i have no doubt take us to the next level he would also unite the fans again and get the atmosphere bouncing like it should be !

since tan has taken over, we have been in the prem twice yes but we all knew we would go straight down, we never did or still dont have a plan going forward. the red and badge change killed it for alot of fans its just not been the same since !

I'm not sure Vincent Tan has ever been quoted in news articles as "never selling to Sam" but he has been quoted as saying the same by others who know him and his thinking...

Sam made 'mistakes' but his biggest downfall was the continued rejection of his plans to push the club forward with a new stadium; the background of which has been highlighted elsewhere on this thread...

Sam is in a far better position to push this club forward than he was previously and he would relish the challenge with key partners in place...

What most are misunderstanding is that Vincent Tan is effectively in debt to himself to the tune of c.£250m (also mentioned elsewhere) and not to recoup much/most of that would be too big a 'hit' to bear...

I'm assuming that regardless of whether Vincent Tan can or will absorb all or most of that in the event of an unforseen 'issue', the 'debt' is still a 'debt' and must come into play under FFP and PSR rules...? :?

Spot on Chris about Sam being in a way way better position than last time and he has the football mind, love and the money to back it all up and knows us.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:01 pm

Jules do you remember the Despicable Rebrand?

Do you remember how many managers / CEO we have had and how poor the managers have been and football.

Do you know due to court cases alone thanks to Tan, City have over the years City have lost between £30-£40mill.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:04 pm

Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Can someone explain why Tan selling to Sam would be "losing face" for Tan?

well hes said in lots of news articles that he would never sell to sam, hes a ego maniac selling to sam would make him feel like hes been defeated.

i for one would welcome sam back with open arms, his dreams for cardiff where huge did he make mistakes ? of course he did who dont, but he done everything for his love for the club and welsh people at that!

im sure sam being the smart businessman he is now has alot more money, so he would i have no doubt take us to the next level he would also unite the fans again and get the atmosphere bouncing like it should be !

since tan has taken over, we have been in the prem twice yes but we all knew we would go straight down, we never did or still dont have a plan going forward. the red and badge change killed it for alot of fans its just not been the same since !

I'm not sure Vincent Tan has ever been quoted in news articles as "never selling to Tan" but he has been quoted as saying the same by others who know him and his thinking...

Sam made 'mistakes' but his biggest downfall was the continued rejection of his plans to push the club forward with a new stadium; the background of which has been highlighted elsewhere on this thread...

Sam is in a far better position to push this club forward than he was previously and he would relish the challenge with key partners in place...

What most are misunderstanding is that Vincent Tan is effectively in debt to himself to the tune of c.£250m (also mentioned elsewhere) and not to recoup much/most of that would be too big a 'hit' to bear...

I'm assuming that regardless of whether Vincent Tan can or will absorb all or most of that in the event of an unforseen 'issue', the 'debt' is still a 'debt' and must come into play under FFP and PSR rules...? :?

but he has....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-26824568

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:05 pm

Many forget how well our Accademy did under Sam and it was Sam who started it and how many Welsh lads played for us and the passion that ran through our club which is sadly missed nowadays.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 pm

The passion that we miss :ayatollah:

Sam put us out there and we got recognised as a big club under Sam, Sam did wake the sleeping giant.

No one ever wanted us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 pm

We’ll never agree on this.

I would never trust anything Sam claimed. I’m not overly trusting of the current regime either ! But on balance I think OUR club is financially safer under Tan than it would be if we went back to Sam.

Ideally there would be a fresh bid with serious money behind it and a fresh, younger, more inclusive approach that would pull the club together and move it forward.

Whilst Hammam remains in the background his supporters will never accept anyone else. Sad but true.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:16 pm

piledriver64 wrote:We’ll never agree on this.

I would never trust anything Sam claimed. I’m not overly trusting of the current regime either ! But on balance I think OUR club is financially safer under Tan than it would be if we went back to Sam.

Ideally there would be a fresh bid with serious money behind it and a fresh, younger, more inclusive approach that would pull the club together and move it forward.

Whilst Hammam remains in the background his supporters will never accept anyone else. Sad but true.

Their is one main thing you don’t understand and realise.

I know Sam Hammam beyond and Spk 5-7 days a week with him, I know him as a friend and family friend and a football person.
I know how genuine he is.
You don’t know him only media bullshit.
I know him and if i thought he would really harm us I would say it, I say exactly how I feel to him.

I also know Tan and Dalman personally.

You only read and believe what News papers say not the real truth or facts.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:20 pm

Kyle, Dalman has stated Tan will never sell to Sam.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Kyle, Dalman has stated Tan will never sell to Sam.

So I'm right in saying its all down to ego, if he looses the court cases he will soon leave with his tail between his legs.

Crazy how so many just read about Sam and make statements how he wouldn't be good for the club etc, personally my best times as a cardiff fan was under Sam

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:32 pm

kyle08 wrote:

So I'm right in saying its all down to ego, if he looses the court cases he will soon leave with his tail between his legs.

Crazy how so many just read about Sam and make statements how he wouldn't be good for the club etc, personally my best times as a cardiff fan was under Sam

In fairness I don’t think many would argue that a lot of Sam’s time at the club was great for us supporters.

However, particularly towards the end, he wasn’t good for the club and those who knew about the perilous financial state at the time will not forget.

The fact is, no matter what Sam’s supporters say, we were closer to losing our club for good at that stage than many people realise.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:35 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

In fairness I don’t think many would argue that a lot of Sam’s time at the club was great for us supporters.

However, particularly towards the end, he wasn’t good for the club and those who knew about the perilous financial state at the time will not forget.

The fact is, no matter what Sam’s supporters say, we were closer to losing our club for good at that stage than many people realise.

That was how it was back then though, there was even less money in the championship back then.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:37 pm

When Sam admits to having made mistakes, what is he specifically referring to?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:We’ll never agree on this.

Their is one main thing you don’t understand and realise.

I know Sam Hammam beyond and Spk 5-7 days a week with him, I know him as a friend and family friend and a football person.
I know how genuine he is.
You don’t know him only media bullshit.
I know him and if i thought he would really harm us I would say it, I say exactly how I feel to him.

I also know Tan and Dalman personally.

You only read and believe what News papers say not the real truth or facts.

You are, of course, right on that. I had limited financial financial knowledge of the state of the club during Sam’s time (it was actually worse than reported) but most of what I have to go on is press reports or financial documents in the public domain.

I know neither Hammam or Tan but that allows me to be completely removed from any personal feelings for either. The only concern I have is for the future prosperity of our club and with that in mind I hope that we get a new owner that is neither Tan or Hammam !

They just need a lot of money, time and ambition to take this club forward in the mid/long term.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:40 pm

kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

I'm not sure Vincent Tan has ever been quoted in news articles as "never selling to Tan" but he has been quoted as saying the same by others who know him and his thinking...

but he has....

Exactly what I said, Kyle. Vincent Tan has never to my knowledge said it publicly; it's been alluded to by others close to him...

Quote (Mehmet Dalman bot Vincent Tan: "Vincent Tan has vowed never to sell Cardiff City Football Club back to its previous owner Sam Hammam", chairman Mehmet Dalman told supporters groups.

I believe it to be true; but there is a difference... :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:Jules do you remember the Despicable Rebrand?

Do you remember how many managers / CEO we have had and how poor the managers have been and football.

Do you know due to court cases alone thanks to Tan, City have over the years City have lost between £30-£40mill.

A. Yes, hated it but previous owners wanted also to rebrand us, actually did change the badge and even wanted to move us.

B. One thing I think everyone agrees on is we should have had a DoF in immediately. (DJ for me)

C. It's his money is simple answer.
There are also court cases won so some money must have also come in.

Annis, I really do admire your loyalty to your friend, your children's Godfather I believe also but honestly this club needs to go in new direction with new fresh owners, new ideas, new money.
As the saying goes " never go back"
As for backstabbing we can blame the egg chasers there, Hall etc.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Apart from this board Sam is NOT universally popular.

In fact many, including me, wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. We might not have got relegated with Sam but we nearly lost everything.

Black Friday will never be forgotten by those of us who were supporters back then.

I have a feeling that Dalman will be behind a bid after all of these court cases. I’m not sure I’m too keen on that but if we rule out the Hammam bids there aren’t many others to be too choosey over !!

I think you would be totally shocked, Sam turned up at Reading away and walked over a mile and fans were shaking his hands,
Quiung for photos with him and singing his name.

Before Sam came along we were dying in League 4, crowds 4,000 at home and in debt going NO where.
Most of the fans that started going nowadays started through Sam starting an unbelievable journey the facts are there by how crowds surged up beyond.

As I said Sam knows the mistakes he has done.

Tan and Co give a shit and are running us in to the ground a fact.

So please don’t make out fans only on here are the only ones that want Sam back, you don’t lol Sam is still loved by thousands and I do know thousands.

I can tell you this This Regime is hated beyond.

He's still popular for sure Annis.

Remember the atmosphere at Leeds with him walking around the pitch, it was the best atmosphere for years.

I'm surprised he's still got the passion and energy at 76, sure he should be relaxing and taking things easy?

Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:16 am

Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

but he has....

Exactly what I said, Kyle. Vincent Tan has never to my knowlrdge said it publicly; it's been alludedto by others close to him...

Quote (Mehmet Dalman bot Vincent Tan: "Vincent Tan has vowed never to sell Cardiff City Football Club back to its previous owner Sam Hammam", chairman Mehmet Dalman told supporters groups.

Tan has never said it publicly but Dalman as alluded to it a few times.

I see Dalman as the favourite to lead a consortium to replace Tan when he decides to sell up. I can't say I'm comfortable with that now and I do question his motives. With Same we would have the football noose coming back into the club, am not sure Dalman will bring that in.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:20 am

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

In fact many, including me, wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. We might not have got relegated with Sam but we nearly lost everything.

Black Friday will never be forgotten by those of us who were supporters back then.

I have a feeling that Dalman will be behind a bid after all of these court cases. I’m not sure I’m too keen on that but if we rule out the Hammam bids there aren’t many others to be too choosey over !!

I think you would be totally shocked, Sam turned up at Reading away and walked over a mile and fans were shaking his hands,

Before Sam came along we were dying in League 4, crowds 4,000 at home and in debt going NO where.
Most of the fans that started going nowadays started through Sam starting an unbelievable journey the facts are there by how crowds surged up beyond.

So please don’t make out fans only on here are the only ones that want Sam back, you don’t lol Sam is still loved by thousands and I do know thousands.

Remember the atmosphere at Leeds with him walking around the pitch, it was the best atmosphere for years.

I'm surprised he's still got the passion and energy at 76, sure he should be relaxing and taking things easy?

Mark,

First your right Sam is still loved by thousands.
Despite the few on here anti Sam and love in for Tan despite the Despicable Rebrand that stripped us of our identity.

Sam wants to complete his main goal in life despite his age, take Cardiff City to the Premier League and establish us there.

This load of clowns had two chances and fucked up big time.

Sam did all the ground work took us up two divisions and put us top of the Championship and got outline planning done for a 60,000 Stadium and spent £100,000 on getting that done.

Our fanbase was improved beyond and he woke up the sleeping giant.

Stabbed in the back big time.

They disappeared with beyond £millions and did not give a f**k for Cardiff City.

Sam eat, sleeps Cardiff City and was obsessed with our youth from the age of 9 up.

Sam attended virtually every youth game to first team.

He wants to finish of what he started.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:17 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

but he has....

Exactly what I said, Kyle. Vincent Tan has never to my knowlrdge said it publicly; it's been alludedto by others close to him...

Tan has never said it publicly but Dalman as alluded to it a few times.

I see Dalman as the favourite to lead a consortium to replace Tan when he decides to sell up. I can't say I'm comfortable with that now and I do question his motives. With Same we would have the football noose coming back into the club, am not sure Dalman will bring that in.

Ian, that was my point (re Tan) :thumbup:

I wholly agree with your other points, too! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 am

Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

but he has....

Exactly what I said, Kyle. Vincent Tan has never to my knowledge said it publicly; it's been alluded to by others close to him...

Dalman is literally tans voice, dalman don't say anything unless tan tells him.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Mark,

Despite the few on here anti Sam and love in for Tan despite the Despicable Rebrand that stripped us of our identity.

Sam wants to complete his main goal in life despite his age, take Cardiff City to the Premier League and establish us there.

Sam did all the ground work took us up two divisions and put us top of the Championship and got outline planning done for a 60,000 Stadium and spent £100,000 on getting that done.

They disappeared with beyond £millions and did not give a f**k for Cardiff City.

Sam eat, sleeps Cardiff City and was obsessed with our youth from the age of 9 up.

Fair play to him, he would get the fans going again, I would imagine he would move the family stand for a start :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Mark,

Fair play to him, he would get the fans going again, I would imagine he would move the family stand for a start :thumbup:

Mark,

That I guarantee.

Bluebirds

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:53 pm

kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

but he has....

Dalman is literally tans voice, dalman don't say anything unless tan tells him.

I don't think that's quite right either; although they do try to show a 'united' front...

Just look at Mehmet's comments before the start of the season; Vincent 100% didn't tell him to say what he did at that point... :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm

Maybe i'm being thick but i still don't understand why Tan would never sell to Sam? Why would he lose face? I don't understand it.
What is Tan's rationale? If he has any at all about anything ....

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:10 pm

Saving face is an Asian, Chinese or Japanese thing. Bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I wonder how many youth team or reserve games Tan or Dalman ever went to? I could hazard a guess….only thing Sam didn’t have before was enough money after getting shafted by the riddler and pmg. Maybe he has it now? Amazed he still has the inclination and passion? That says it all really….football is not a business to make money is it.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

goats wrote:Saving face is an Asian, Chinese or Japanese thing. Bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I wonder how many youth team or reserve games Tan or Dalman ever went to? I could hazard a guess….only thing Sam didn’t have before was enough money after getting shafted by the riddler and pmg. Maybe he has it now? Amazed he still has the inclination and passion? That says it all really….football is not a business to make money is it.

But why would Tan lose face by selling to Sam?

Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I was wondering this.

If he wins case then he banks the £70m and potentially sells club for £130m - that gives him his £200m

The new owners of WBA paid £60m for 87% - that puts the market value of WBA at just under £70m. In fact he paid £20m for that 87% and the other £40m paid off the club's debt. With the debt - which is increasing every month, the low squad value, I cannot how anyone in their right mind would consider buying the club. The figures just don't work.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:I was wondering this.

If he wins case then he banks the £70m and potentially sells club for £130m - that gives him his £200m

The new owners of WBA paid £60m for 87% - that puts the market value of WBA at just under £70m. In fact he paid £20m for that 87% and the other £40m paid off the club's debt. With the debt - which is increasing every month, the low squad value, I cannot how anyone in their right mind would consider buying the club. The figures just don't work.

Wba worth lot more than 20m that's for sure plus debt of course ..I always thought anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it? But football seems to be on another planet.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 am

I think we are worth anywhere between £100-150m

If we lose the court case we are worth £100m because that is what Sam appears prepared to pay for the club.

If we win the court case then potentially there is another £30-70m to add to that value.