Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time for Aaron Ramsey to quit Wales international football a

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:17 am

Time for Aaron Ramsey to quit Wales international football and concentrate the rest of his playing career to getting his employers Cardiff City FC back into the EPL.

The player owes this to the Bluebirds board and loyal fans.

Re: Time for Aaron Ramsey to quit Wales international footba

Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:17 pm

Sadly I think he’ll completely retire at the end of this season

Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:31 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Sadly I think he’ll completely retire at the end of this season

Don’t see why he’d do that. Got a year left on his contract so can take the money for one final year.

Probably while being injured the whole time.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:50 pm

Ninian27 wrote:Time for Aaron Ramsey to quit Wales international football and concentrate the rest of his playing career to getting his employers Cardiff City FC back into the EPL.

The player owes this to the Bluebirds board and loyal fans.

He owes it to himself if he wants to prolong his club playing career. While I was surprised that he didn't get thrown on in extra time as a CCFC fan I wasn't too disappointed.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:51 pm

I thought Page might have put him on just in time for him to take a penalty 6

Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:00 pm

Current International football hasn't caused any of Aaron's issues, over half his life as a pro footballer has.

Wales needs to move on with Davies and Ampadu as the captains, it is whether Aaron does the big leaving show or drifts off into the background

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:07 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Current International football hasn't caused any of Aaron's issues, over half his life as a pro footballer has.

Wales needs to move on with Davies and Ampadu as the captains, it is whether Aaron does the big leaving show or drifts off into the background

It's all about fitness and desire; one of which Aaaron has in abundance, the other needs carefully management...

Either way, and I'm saying this as a non-lover of international football, Aaron should choose his own path going forward; he has earned that right...

Equally, maybe the international incentive with only 2 years to the next Cwpan y Bydd, will spur him on to stay with us and drive us forward as both a player and mentor...

Sometimes, I think Aaron's continued value to club and country on and off the field is massively underrated... :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:31 pm

Sven wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Current International football hasn't caused any of Aaron's issues, over half his life as a pro footballer has.

It's all about fitness and desire; one of which Aaaron has in abundance, the other needs carefully management...

Either way, and I'm saying this as a non-lover of international football, Aaron should choose his own path going forward; he has earned that right...

Equally, maybe the international incentive with only 2 years to the next Cwpan y Bydd, will spur him on to stay with us and drive us forward as both a player and mentor...

Sometimes, I think Aaron's continued value to club and country on and off the field is massively underrated... :ayatollah:

People only see his injuries but being fair to him anyone who gets knee injury is out for long periods that I'm itself doesn't make him injury prone after all started 3/4 quarters of nice games in previous season ... his value is immeasurable to City off the field..... but think he will retire from Wales as not being used in his natural position and being snubbed for penalties last night was poor by page

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

People only see his injuries but being fair to him anyone who gets knee injury is out for long periods that I'm itself doesn't make him injury prone after all started 3/4 quarters of nice games in previous season ... his value is immeasurable to City off the field..... but think he will retire from Wales as not being used in his natural position and being snubbed for penalties last night was poor by page

Agree, Allan... :ayatollah:

As for penalties, I guess Page thought they had a sure-fire winner in ex-Jack Dan James but as we know, they can never be trusted...! ;) :laughing6:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:08 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Agree, Allan... :ayatollah:

As for penalties, I guess Page thought they had a sure-fire winner in ex-Jack Dan James but as we know, they can never be trusted...! ;) :laughing6:

James was an accident waiting to happen? Inconsistent finishing his hallmark as for the penalty mmmm couldn't have been easier for keeper if James had put it in his lap with his hands....Rambo is penalty taker most in team are not! Was poor by page in not recognising this..don't see any point in Rambo carrying on for Wales.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 am

avondaleblue wrote:I thought Page might have put him on just in time for him to take a penalty 6

Was thinking the same at the time ...

Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

Time to retire from Wales and concentrate on trying to stay fit for Cardiff.