Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wow wayne nash shame on you !

Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:42 pm

THIS IS CARDIFF CITY FAN Jonathan Atkinson:

“After my attack after the Ipswich game,”

“I was phoned by Wayne Nash. He said how appalled he was and would like to invite me my son grandsons and my friend to a game in what i think is the John Charles suite. The children were very excited. I asked if we could come to the Southampton game as it would give me more time to recover.He agreed.”

“So yesterday i phoned Wayne to ask what was the procedure. He told me that as he had been told that in the light of further investigations by the police ,he would have to withdraw his offer.”

“As you can imagine the children were very upset. After being a Justice for many year's I can judge when something is dodgy. That there must have been some police involvement. I phone a certain police officer who shall remain nameless, and he told me that Mr Nash had mentioned an invite next season. So, definitely some collusion. So after 64 season's of supporting Cardiff City through thick and thin,I find myself considering looking for a different club to get my football fix. I have Never felt so let down by Cardiff city. How to victimise a victim by CCFC.”

Sorry it's a long post.

Thanks for reading.

Re: wow wayne nash shame on you !

Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:57 pm

[quote=

“I was phoned by Wayne Nash. He said how appalled he was and would like to invite me my son grandsons and my friend to a game in what i think is the John Charles suite. The children were very excited. I asked if we could come to the Southampton game as it would give me more time to recover.He agreed.”

“So yesterday i phoned Wayne to ask what was the procedure. He told me that as he had been told that in the light of further investigations by the police ,he would have to withdraw his offer.”

“As you can imagine the children were very upset. After being a Justice for many year's I can judge when something is dodgy. That there must have been some police involvement. I phone a certain police officer who shall remain nameless, and he told me that Mr Nash had mentioned an invite next season. So, definitely some collusion. So after 64 season's of supporting Cardiff City through thick and thin,I find myself considering looking for a different club to get my football fix. I have Never felt so let down by Cardiff city. How to victimise a victim by CCFC.”

Sorry it's a long post.

Thanks for reading.

[/quote]

I can’t get my head round this. Can’t understand why he’d retract the offer. Can’t see the thinking behind it at all. Very strange

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:09 pm

[quote

Sorry it's a long post.

Thanks for reading.

[/quote]

I can’t get my head round this. Can’t understand why he’d retract the offer. Can’t see the thinking behind it at all. Very strange[/quote]

im blown away, wayne is a clown how he still has a job i dont know.

this isnt the first thing ive heard about him either

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:12 pm

Why is Nash making these sort of promises in the first place? Shouldn't that be down to someone else or is he the official CCFC spokesperson now? Was this delegated to him or did he take it upon himself to make some sort of rash promise that he doesn't have the authority to follow through on?

The whole Wayne Nash part in this doesn't pass the smell test.

Giving up following your club because of one dickhead not following through doesn't sit right with me either.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:20 pm

What is Wayne nash title or role with cardiff city?
How has he got to the this position and not knowing the answers to these questions how do we get rid of him?

Guy seems a complete bellend !!
Never hear anything positive about him or how he benefits our club in any way.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:27 pm

So after the incident Wayne contacted my dad, to see how he was doing and offered us to come to the Southampton game as guests of the club, he seemed genuinely concerned that the attack on my father would put him off going to further games and wanted to show the club were behind him

However we were later contacted by a certain police officer can't mention the name as I've been asked not to post about the incident on certain message boards

The officer explained to me that there's a certain limit which can be described as self defence and it's up to the cps to decide if in the process of protecting my father I crossed over that line and also the ipswich supporters involved are still to be identified hence the investigation still in process

So when my dad phoned Wayne yesterday he was told the club have withdrawn the offer until the investigation is finished

My dad and children are obviously disappointed as they were looking forward to the day out but I'm sure he will be back next season as will my boys and hopefully myself if I don't get screwed over by the cps

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:34 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:So after the incident Wayne contacted my dad, to see how he was doing and offered us to come to the Southampton game as guests of the club, he seemed genuinely concerned that the attack on my father would put him off going to further games and wanted to show the club were behind him

However we were later contacted by a certain police officer can't mention the name as I've been asked not to post about the incident on certain message boards

The officer explained to me that there's a certain limit which can be described as self defence and it's up to the cps to decide if in the process of protecting my father I crossed over that line and also the ipswich supporters involved are still to be identified hence the investigation still in process

So when my dad phoned Wayne yesterday he was told the club have withdrawn the offer until the investigation is finished

My dad and children are obviously disappointed as they were looking forward to the day out but I'm sure he will be back next season as will my boys and hopefully myself if I don't get screwed over by the cps

you did right in protecting your dad to be fair, any man would of done the same thing.

as for wayne im sure hes seen the cctv and knew what happened but decided to change his offer.

hes done this lots of times now, he also loves taking players shirts telling fans to collect it off him and then they never get it :banghead:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:35 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:What is Wayne nash title or role with cardiff city?
How has he got to the this position and not knowing the answers to these questions how do we get rid of him?

Guy seems a complete bellend !!
Never hear anything positive about him or how he benefits our club in any way.

he was supposed to be a fan himself, hes gone full circle and tries his best in stopping our fans enjoying the game in any way he can :x

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:51 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:So after the incident Wayne contacted my dad, to see how he was doing and offered us to come to the Southampton game as guests of the club, he seemed genuinely concerned that the attack on my father would put him off going to further games and wanted to show the club were behind him

Good luck with the CPS mate..obviously we have only got your version of what happened so I can’t comment on this but to be honest if your elderly father was being attacked by a few thugs I think you had every right to do WHATEVER was necessary to protect him
Hopefully it will all work out for you all and you will be back at the stadium next season..good luck :thumbup:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Good luck with the CPS mate..obviously we have only got your version of what happened so I can’t comment on this but to be honest if your elderly father was being attacked by a few thugs I think you had every right to do WHATEVER was necessary to protect him
Hopefully it will all work out for you all and you will be back at the stadium next season..good luck :thumbup:

Cheers mate I'm 100% confident I acted well within reasonable limits, but we've all read stories of cardiff fans getting treated extremely harshly by the justice system so there's always a slight doubt in the back of my mind

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:15 pm

Be an idea to start singing wayne nash get out of our club loud and clear like we did with mad mick mc carthy.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:28 pm

Wayne nash is a bell end

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:Wayne nash is a bell end

La la la la
La la la la

Song sorted

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:35 pm

I’d take Wayne for a walk down Nash Point.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:Wayne nash is a bell end

Agreed.

This whole situation shows how out of his depth he is.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 pm

I was (still am) one of the first to highlight and condemn what happened with the Ipswich fans and I think the reaction on this Forum was pretty much unanimous in its condemnation...

I defy anyone with anounce of respect for their parent(s) not to wade in defence under such circumstances. I know I would...

My only concerns here are two-fold...

Firstly, to ask (with all due respect) if the police have suggested a 'charge' is currently being considered by the CPS for your part in the assault on your dad...?

Secondly, and I am in no way defending the guy on other issues, but was Wayne Nash the instigator of the withdrawal of the club's offer, or simply the conduit for the decision being taken elsewhere; maybe on precautionary grounds...?

It just seems odd to me that the club invited you (as a family group) to a game, agreed to a re-arrangement, but then withdrew the offer 'under advice' with a view to maybe reinviting for next season once everything is (and I sincerely hope) sorted...

Also, whilt we are here, can I send best wishes and ask how your dad is recovering...? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:41 pm

Sven wrote:I was (still am) one of the first to highlight and condemn what happened with the Ipswich fans and I think the reaction on this Forum was pretty much unanimous in its condemnation...

I defy anyone with anounce of respect for their parent(s) not to wade in defence under such circumstances. I know I would...

Firstly, to ask (with all due respect) if the police have suggested a 'charge' is currently being considered by the CPS for your part in the assault on your dad...?

Secondly, and I am in no way defending the guy on other issues, but was Wayne Nash the instigator of the withdrawal of the club's offer, or simply the conduit for the decision being taken elsewhere; maybe on precautionary grounds...?

It just seems odd to me that the club invited you (as a family group) to a game, agreed to a re-arrangement, but then withdrew the offer 'under advice' with a view to maybe reinviting for next season once everything is (and I sincerely hope) sorted...

Also, whilt we are here, can I send best wishes and ask how your dad is recovering...? :ayatollah:

Hi sven all I was told was it was up to the cps to decide with the evidence they were given and I should get legal council, that's the last I heard from the police

As for the clubs withdrawal of there offer I couldn't tell you who is responsible for it only that Wayne has been the person doing the liaising with my dad

Also my dad is doing well thanks for asking we were at millwall Saturday and he was back to his old self

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:45 pm

montyblue wrote:Be an idea to start singing wayne nash get out of our club loud and clear like we did with mad mick mc carthy.

Good idea monty, all i hear is bad things about Wayne Nash, how he's on a power trip and ruining the match day experience for his own City fans. Plus, many people say he's 100% against moving the Canton stand next to the away section to generate some singing back and forth. Apparently it'll never happen while he's there. Is this true i wonder?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:48 pm

Never used to hear good things about Nash in the Ninian Park days (I’m sure he was there then if my memory is correct). How he’s still in a job I don’t know

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:48 pm

I hope they don't stop going too matches

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 pm

Wayne is just a glorified ground man, and bhe was a shit one at that

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:24 pm

Hope your dad is getting there mate and the lads also.
Please don't let one person ( even if he is just a messenger) force any of you from supporting our club.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 pm

Never used to hear good things about Nash in the Ninian Park days (I’m sure he was there then if my memory is correct). How he’s still in a job I don’t know

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:31 pm

Nash is a scum bag, sooner he gets sacked the better

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:03 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:
Sven wrote:I was (still am) one of the first to highlight and condemn what happened with the Ipswich fans and I think the reaction on this Forum was pretty much unanimous in its condemnation...

Hi sven all I was told was it was up to the cps to decide with the evidence they were given and I should get legal council, that's the last I heard from the police

As for the clubs withdrawal of there offer I couldn't tell you who is responsible for it only that Wayne has been the person doing the liaising with my dad

Also my dad is doing well thanks for asking we were at millwall Saturday and he was back to his old self

Firstly, thank you for your reply and letting us know your dad is recovering... :clap:

It sounds to me that a file has been forwarded for their consideration but that does not mean charges will follow. Often, the CPS will decide there is simply no evidence (or not enough) to take it forward, or that it's 'not in the public interest' to do so

I can't comment on 'legal counsel' but it might be a good idea to have an initial consultation to see how the land lies (or might lie) and I feel others on here (perhaps Paul Keevil?) might be able to offer some opinion...

As much as I think Wayne is overall bad for the club, I feel this decision to suspend your invites will have come from elsewhere and he (Wayne) was the conduit with which to pass on the action...

I sincerely hope it all works out, as no one should be taken to task for supporting a parent in such circumstances. Please keep us up to speed with progression and I'm sure the vast decent majority on here will wish you and dad well... :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:15 am

Blue since 1981 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Cheers mate I'm 100% confident I acted well within reasonable limits, but we've all read stories of cardiff fans getting treated extremely harshly by the justice system so there's always a slight doubt in the back of my mind

That is terrible, reasonable limits are subjective but common sense should tell the CPS if you are protecting your own father an elderly gentleman who is being attacked anything goes, I'm sure you will be fine, it probably just has to go through the review process to tick boxes in case the Ipswich fans use it in defence :thumbup:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 am

you should be getting a medal not worrying over cps and possible charges.

if it was in your house and you'd shot them dead you'd be a hero, because it's football..............well say no more

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

It really does some up the spinless cowards behind the scenes at our club.

The police are just as bad if they're going down this route.

I have no doubt you'll get the justice you deserve and if it does end up going to court (which I doubt it will) I hope we as a fan base step up with some sort of go fund me to pay the legal costs.

Incidents like this the Club has a chance to do what is morally right and they've failed miserably yet again.

I'm not surprised your old man is contemplating not going anymore and if they make the offer for him to have tickets again I would tell them to shove it.

I hope it all works out for you, as for the club and police absolutely shameful.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm

Hope all of the CPS stuff goes well mate. Protecting your father should be classed as self defence regardless of what force you did or didn't use in this case!

Wayne Nash is a complete idiot but was it him who initially set about the offer in the first place, or was he just the messenger?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:03 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:

Hope all of the CPS stuff goes well mate. Protecting your father should be classed as self defence regardless of what force you did or didn't use in this case!

Wayne Nash is a complete idiot but was it him who initially set about the offer in the first place, or was he just the messenger?

It was Wayne who made the offer to my dad whether he was acting on behalf of someone higher up i honestly couldn't tell you