Re: I BEAT CANCER

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm

Good on you Baked, great result

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 pm

It's good to hear news like this.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Thank you guys for all your replies and well wishes.

As you can imagine its been an emotional ride for myself and my family. Its been a fight and reading all your messages has made it well worth fighting for. Without doubt we have the greatest fans in the World.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 pm

That’s great news mate

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm

Terrific news to hear.
No doubt difficult to put into words how you feel.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Guys, I would like to share my story with you all but this week I beat cancer.

I was diagnosed with it the first week in January. I finally went under the surgeons knife this Tuesday 16th April at 2pm. Everything went smoothly and now I am in recovery stage NOT requiring any after treatment like chemo or radio rays.

The last couple of months I have had 2 pre-ops. One pre-op was to confirm I had cancer and another pre-op was to check if I had cancer somewhere else after it was picked up after an X-Ray. While I waited for the results of these pre-ops the pain intensified quite a lot resulting in me not being able to walk much. So what a relief it was when I was told I was being operated on the Tuesday 16th April.

I was meant to be put to sleep for the operation but when they tested my blood levels my sugar was too high they decided to give me a seductive instead. So I was under the impression I was going to be half asleep, half awake for the one hour 15 minute operation. I can't say I was comfortable with that. I need not worry.

I sat on the operating bed/table where they told me they were going to inject the sedative into my hand then they were going to inject the local anesthesic into my back that would numb the area where the cancer was. Before they applied the sedative one of the Consultants told me it would be like drinking a couple of pints. Well I would like to know what he drinks because the next thing I knew was being wheeled out of the theatre and into the recovery ward.

Ending on a lighter note the while I was being wheeled out the Consultant told me everything went smooth. Now I don't know why I said this to him but I asked "Did Cardiff win". He relied "Yes Cardiff won". So there you have it guys but on Tuesday 16th April Cardiff played a football game and won and if anyone wants to disagree with me on that I'm going to have none of it.

Nice to hear some good news, shout it from the rooftops “We can and will beat cancer” :clap:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 pm

Great news, puts all the football debates into perspective :occasion5:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm

excellent news

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm

Well done lad glad your on the mend my missis had cancer also and has recovered but is under a 5 year plan amd has developed macaular degeneration in the eyes sadly due to the treatment.
Good luck to you and you will enjoy the footy even more now mate.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:50 am

These stories should make the news instead of the constant degradation.. good on you, and hats off to the Health Service.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:19 am

Ian, I was both sad (that you had it) and elated (that you beat it) at the same time. Great news for you though and I wish you well going forward. It certainly puts life in perspective...!

Best wishes from me...! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 pm

Good news that. Lost a few to it myself hate the thought of it. I do cruk direct debit and the odd cruk 5k etc. Needs more to be done.
All the best for future

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 pm

Good news that. Lost a few to it myself hate the thought of it. I do cruk direct debit and the odd cruk 5k etc. Needs more to be done.
All the best for future

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 pm

I don't know you but ha ve seen your handle many times.
well done mate ,God bless

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:37 pm

Great news and thank you for sharing
All the very best to yourself and family :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :occasion5:

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:44 am

Once again guys thanks for your replies and wishes.

If any of you suspect you have cancer please go and see your Doctor straight away. There is no same in doing that and it could save your life. My cancer was external so in a way I was lucky to have caught it early. Internal cancer is obviously more difficult to see so if you can't explain the pain then seek advice. Also take up any testing that is free on the NHS like the Prostate checks they send out every 2 years to us over 50s. Yes its a bit awkward to do but trust e its worth the effort.

Thanks again guys for the wishes and keep safe. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Once again guys thanks for your replies and wishes.

If any of you suspect you have cancer please go and see your Doctor straight away. There is no same in doing that and it could save your life. My cancer was external so in a way I was lucky to have caught it early. Internal cancer is obviously more difficult to see so if you can't explain the pain then seek advice. Also take up any testing that is free on the NHS like the Prostate checks they send out every 2 years to us over 50s. Yes its a bit awkward to do but trust e its worth the effort.

Thanks again guys for the wishes and keep safe. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

You’re a good man Ian, I’ve not stopped smiling since hearing your good news.

Thanks for being so honest and sharing mate

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:33 pm

That’s great news and really pleased for you. Onwards and upwards! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:29 pm

Good News Ian - Enjoy your time with your family / friends - and good advice to the people on here ...

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:25 am

Well done I am so pleased for you and your family :occasion5:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:48 pm

Nice one Ian, well done mate. :ayatollah:

Stories like this put the football into perspective. Happy for you and your family, great news. :bluebird: