Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

its our club

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:31 pm

I dont care for PMG, Ridsdale et al, I am not really that bothered about Dave Jones either, the players will come and go,the kits will change and so will the sponsors. What wont change is us, we are the fans, the ones that count. This club has done more to upset me than any woman ever could, would cause me more pain than any injury, cause more damage than any nervous breakdown ever could, but despite that I still love this club more than anything other than my wife and son. They can throw transfer embargos, finance reports at me, we might be skint, have no future, sell all our best players and play in a half empty stadium, I will still be there. I have been there with my best mates and seen us sell out at the millenium stadium and win at wembley, I have been there on a friday night in the fog to lose 2-0 to hereford in front of 3000 fans. I have made the best friends ever over 90 minutes then never seen them again. All this is what watching my beloved Cardiff city is about. Kumar, Clemo, Wright, Hamman and maybe Ridsdale have all shit on us and we still come out the other end, and I will still be there standing (till i get shouted at) this season and many others. Take what you want Mr.Taxman, you will never take Cardiff city out of my blood though

Re: its our club

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:32 pm

:ayatollah:

A man for the people! I want you as the next chairman! :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:34 pm

joninian1927 wrote:I dont care for PMG, Ridsdale et al, I am not really that bothered about Dave Jones either, the players will come and go,the kits will change and so will the sponsors. What wont change is us, we are the fans, the ones that count. This club has done more to upset me than any woman ever could, would cause me more pain than any injury, cause more damage than any nervous breakdown ever could, but despite that I still love this club more than anything other than my wife and son. They can throw transfer embargos, finance reports at me, we might be skint, have no future, sell all our best players and play in a half empty stadium, I will still be there. I have been there with my best mates and seen us sell out at the millenium stadium and win at wembley, I have been there on a friday night in the fog to lose 2-0 to hereford in front of 3000 fans. I have made the best friends ever over 90 minutes then never seen them again. All this is what watching my beloved Cardiff city is about. Kumar, Clemo, Wright, Hamman and maybe Ridsdale have all shit on us and we still come out the other end, and I will still be there standing (till i get shouted at) this season and many others. Take what you want Mr.Taxman, you will never take Cardiff city out of my blood though

Brilliant post, I wish i didnt know the politics off our Club, I use to feel like that and deep down I prob still do, I actually would like to wipe them all out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Annis, i wouldnt want to know the politics to be honest, I go to the football to enjoy myself, not be scared witless that we are going bust! Annis as you have told me before, most Chelsea fans would love a return to the bad old days of being skint, but at least have a soul.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Alright Annis, put Adolf back in the closet! :D

I do agree though. My mate told me a few years back that he stopped following league football because it was full of money whores. At the time I thought he was stupid but now I'm thinking 'he's got a point'. The team that wins isn't necessarily the best club... they're just the team that has put together the best players. I'd love to see players having to represent the team they were born nearest. Then we'd see a more true reflection. No money, just heart. It'll never happen but nice to dream. Imagine our team then!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:38 pm

joninian1927 wrote:Annis, i wouldnt want to know the politics to be honest, I go to the football to enjoy myself, not be scared witless that we are going bust! Annis as you have told me before, most Chelsea fans would love a return to the bad old days of being skint, but at least have a soul.

Your right and the politics have changed me in the last 10 yrs, I wish I was able to not no them anymore.
Real Chelsea fans would love to go back to the old days, they cant stand the plastic ones and all the suit ones.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:50 pm

the club will always exist, even if it means I pay a pound to watch them in Jubilee park and have to wash the kit myself. I would give anything to walk on to the pitch, hear the fans cheer my name and sprint towards the faithful, arms outstretched after belting in the winner aginst the jacks, but at the age of 32 and a steadily growing midriff, its seems unlikely to happen but you never know though, after all michael Ricketts did play for us once or twice

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:57 pm

joninian1927 wrote:I dont care for PMG, Ridsdale et al, I am not really that bothered about Dave Jones either, the players will come and go,the kits will change and so will the sponsors. What wont change is us, we are the fans, the ones that count. This club has done more to upset me than any woman ever could, would cause me more pain than any injury, cause more damage than any nervous breakdown ever could, but despite that I still love this club more than anything other than my wife and son. They can throw transfer embargos, finance reports at me, we might be skint, have no future, sell all our best players and play in a half empty stadium, I will still be there. I have been there with my best mates and seen us sell out at the millenium stadium and win at wembley, I have been there on a friday night in the fog to lose 2-0 to hereford in front of 3000 fans. I have made the best friends ever over 90 minutes then never seen them again. All this is what watching my beloved Cardiff city is about. Kumar, Clemo, Wright, Hamman and maybe Ridsdale have all shit on us and we still come out the other end, and I will still be there standing (till i get shouted at) this season and many others. Take what you want Mr.Taxman, you will never take Cardiff city out of my blood though

Spot on fella - I said something similar only far less eloquently in another thread the other night. What the Chairman, Manager and most of the other executives at the club don't understand is the depth of feeling a lot of the fans have for the club. They are just in it for their own personal egos and treat the club like a cash cow that they can bleed until it's dry - shame on them all.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:34 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Spot on fella - I said something similar only far less eloquently in another thread the other night. What the Chairman, Manager and most of the other executives at the club don't understand is the depth of feeling a lot of the fans have for the club. They are just in it for their own personal egos and treat the club like a cash cow that they can bleed until it's dry - shame on them all.

it sickens me the way that certain people shamelessly use OUR club as a cash cow, and also to boost ego's, win favour and repair tarnished reputations. Its OUR club and they will fleece us out of OUR money, but in all honesty what club chairman is any different? Pistol Pete is no worse than any of the others

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Great post :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:39 pm

That's very true joninian however most chairman put their own money where their mouth is and invest in their club. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am not aware of our chairman putting any of his own personal finance into the club.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Excellent post mate,Keep the faith and your chin up. :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Excellent post mate,Keep the faith and your chin up. :D :ayatollah:

NEVER LET THEM GET US DOWN EH FELLA :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Excellent post

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 pm

Annis, do i get a present for being the only person this year to post something positive? ;) ;)