Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Youngsters

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:53 pm

Really encouraging to see the youngsters and how they got on today.

Felt they all did well under the circumstances an in form team which are one of the best in the league.

We look more dangerous with the youngsters on the pitch, they look more hungry and have a point to prove.

Would love to see them in the team for the last 2 games of the season.

Re: The Youngsters

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Really encouraging to see the youngsters and how they got on today.

Felt they all did well under the circumstances an in form team which are one of the best in the league.

We look more dangerous with the youngsters on the pitch, they look more hungry and have a point to prove.

Kind of dispells view our youngsters are not good enough? Not sure he'll play all at start next time
but we'll see

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:59 pm

Sorry didn’t see this, just posted something similar.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 pm

I thought they all played very well & showed more get & go than some of our players have all season.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:07 pm

Well chuffed with them :

Conte Superb

Cian Asford getting better every game and started

Giles happy to see him on

Rubin played the full game

Ollie Tanner his best game

Bluebirds

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:08 pm

The main thing they brought, and I included Tanner in that, was that they looked to go forward. Makes such a difference.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:Really encouraging to see the youngsters and how they got on today.

Kind of dispells view our youngsters are not good enough? Not sure he'll play all at start next time
but we'll see

Allan, I was very impressed with Conte and Giles when they came on. Conte looks really calm on the ball.

As for Ashford, this performance today proves he deserves to be with the first team.

I thought Tanner looked dangerous going forward, put in a good shift out of position. He's not very defensive so wouldn't play him left back again but he's getting more rounded as a player

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:20 pm

Tanners best 60 min game is on the left, mindboggling hey?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:22 pm

I said a couple of games ago that Ashford should start, and that's why what a performance from the lad.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:26 pm

Agree with everything said on this thread, it was like looking at a different team second half. My only concern with Bulut is that if we hadn’t had so many injuries to cover, apart from Colwill, would any of them have started - not sure. :?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

but we'll see

Allan, I was very impressed with Conte and Giles when they came on. Conte looks really calm on the ball.

As for Ashford, this performance today proves he deserves to be with the first team.

I thought Tanner looked dangerous going forward, put in a good shift out of position. He's not very defensive so wouldn't play him left back again but he's getting more rounded as a player

Was a game where they showed we can play attacking football... OK was but disjointed here and there but
Considering who we were playing was more enjoyable than the win against Ipswich....
Think this shows bulut can play expansive football given right players

Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:57 pm

Why is it such big talk about playing our younger players these players should be used week in week out. we way behind when it comes to playing our youngsters ,all clubs do this and they don’t leave it till last couple of games of the season if they good enough they old enough these youngsters have no fear full of energy they give us the drive and energy that’s been missing all season ,we won’t get to see these players again now till this time next year club will say they to young we must play the experience carthorses first

Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:57 pm

Why is it such big talk about playing our younger players these players should be used week in week out. we way behind when it comes to playing our youngsters ,all clubs do this and they don’t leave it till last couple of games of the season if they good enough they old enough these youngsters have no fear full of energy they give us the drive and energy that’s been missing all season ,we won’t get to see these players again now till this time next year club will say they to young we must play the experience carthorses first

Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:43 pm

It really begs the question why we haven't seen any of them sooner in a squad which went through phases of being scared to pass.

Irrelevant now, obviously.

Ashford looks at home already.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:16 pm

To say academy doesn't produce anyone for 1st team is proved to be rubbish! Firstly they are picked off by cat 1 academies.. Manchester c 2 ..man u 1.. wolves 1 ..Leeds 1 recently these 5 are far better quality than those that played Saturday... now got 3 or 4 on verge of being regular players is that not producing players??

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:To say academy doesn't produce anyone for 1st team is proved to be rubbish! Firstly they are picked off by cat 1 academies.. Manchester c 2 ..man u 1.. wolves 1 ..Leeds 1 recently these 5 are far better quality than those that played Saturday... now got 3 or 4 on verge of being regular players is that not producing players??

Allan,

I'll hold my hands up and say I've been critical of the academy and not producing talent for the first team. I've been proved wrong, and it's something I'm happy to be wrong about.

Craig, most recent example is the Sunderland team, their entire squad is young. They have held their own in the championship

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:To say academy doesn't produce anyone for 1st team is proved to be rubbish! Firstly they are picked off by cat 1 academies.. Manchester c 2 ..man u 1.. wolves 1 ..Leeds 1 recently these 5 are far better quality than those that played Saturday... now got 3 or 4 on verge of being regular players is that not producing players??

Allan,

I'll hold my hands up and say I've been critical of the academy and not producing talent for the first team. I've been proved wrong, and it's something I'm happy to be wrong about.

Craig, most recent example is the Sunderland team, their entire squad is young. They have held their own in the championship

People have for years complain that we never produce talent but my example is tip of iceberg and suspect its been going on for years without much notice plus doesn't suit narrative about club to highlight what talent we've lost...... did noticed how young they were not sure what they've done it for unless got tan mk2 as owner wanting youngsters to play? Must be careful or could backfire nect season.