Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY WANT OVER €120M FROM NANTES “

Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:40 pm

Vincent Tan / Cardiff City are now suing FC Nantes for €120.2M over the Emiliano Sala death.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

The Welsh club estimate that it had more than 54% of remaining in the Premier League with the Argentine striker.

Therefore, before the Nantes Commercial Court, the Welsh club will present an invoice for €120.2M to the French club.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

A judge is due to review the updated claim document tomorrow (Monday, April 22).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY WANT OVER €120M FROM NANTES “

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:26 pm

Thanks. How do you know this please?

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:31 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Thanks. How do you know this please?
the French newspaper L'Euipe.

Sorry I've not got a link.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:35 pm

Tan will probably settle for half that.(out of court)

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:40 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Tan will probably settle for half that.(out of court)

No way Nantes are going to hand over 54 million

Probably haven’t got anywhere near that sum to give us even if they had to!!

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:42 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Tan will probably settle for half that.(out of court)

No way Nantes are going to hand over 54 million

Probably haven’t got anywhere near that sum to give us even if they had to!!

Probably insurance job so not nante themselves.... Probably just an attempt by city to have settlement out court

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:45 pm

Cardiff City are suing FC Nantes for €120.2M over the Emiliano Sala death.

The Welsh club estimate that it had more than 54% of remaining in the Premier League with the Argentine striker.

Therefore, before the Nantes Commercial Court, the Welsh club will present an invoice for €120.2M to the French club.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:45 pm

Nantes won't even have a say in it.

If Nantes insurers want to settle, because of economics, they will.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:50 pm

Here we go Tan costing our club fortunes, if only he would concentrate more on the running of our club and the team.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Here we go Tan costing our club fortunes, if only he would concentrate more on the running of our club and the team.

At minimum we will at least make back the transfer fee and any legal fees, the fact that this has come after McKay settled to keep details out of court means I’m pretty confident the club has the information it needs

Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:10 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Here we go Tan costing our club fortunes, if only he would concentrate more on the running of our club and the team.

Your going to have egg on your face if cardiff get back at least the transfer fee ay ? .it's almost like you don't want us to get the money back ?

Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:33 pm

So possibly gettting £100m isn't 'concentrating on your club' ??

Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:02 pm

I have always said I reckon we will get between £30-60million.

Be nice to see how accurate I was

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:18 pm

Out of court £80m I think, hope its pumped into EB war chest.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:29 am

A judge is due to review the updated claim document tomorrow (Monday, April 22).

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:03 am

wez1927 wrote:

Your going to have egg on your face if cardiff get back at least the transfer fee ay ? .it's almost like you don't want us to get the money back ?

I would love that to happen, but it won’t happen.

So far you and Your still best mate Tan have at costs to us in £mills and Transfer Embargo’s and dragged our name through the mud.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:04 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

As to you, you never ever reply to
My questions and run off as soon as I ask or reply to you, so your not worth answering.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

As to you, you never ever reply to
My questions and run off as soon as I ask or reply to you, so your not worth answering.

Ouch !

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:57 am

Replies:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:58 am

Replies:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:58 am

I just can't see the court accepting the Analysis here at all.

A court relies on hard evidence and a prediction is nothing of the sort.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:06 am

Ah, that would explain the French tweets on some of the posts on the official city account today.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I just can't see the court accepting the Analysis here at all.

A court relies on hard evidence and a prediction is nothing of the sort.

Nor me Ian,

Tan just keeps running up more bills and carrying on and on, yet has NO time for the every day running of our club, that’s why we continue to be in the shit.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:51 am

Reply:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:16 am

Paul Keevil wrote:I have always said I reckon we will get between £30-60million.

Be nice to see how accurate I was

Adding to this. I do agree that it is unlikely that the club will get any of this and that it will go to Tan

Hopefully, with this matter then over, it will convince him to move back to what he is good at and move away from football.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:46 am

We are all guessing here and my two pence worth is Tan went after McKay and proved that he was acting for Nantes in some capacity. This being done and the fact that the flight was illegal in the sense that the pilot was not qualified gives Tan a very credible case in my view.A result in Tan's favour would enable him to sell the club at a realistic price as well as leaving us in a much healthier position financially.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:55 am

Replies:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:56 am

Replies:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:56 am

Reply: