Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Manager's Office.....a new day dawning

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:10 am

The silence is deafening from Tan, think Erol cooked his goose earlier this season, when he called everyone out.

Most wins this year...but also the MOST losses, incredible stats. It's also over 30 games since we scored
more than two goals in a game? Oh for a little more excitement at home, like the last 20 on Saturday...

Could there already, be a new name on the manager's door next season...?

Aaron Ramsey Esq?

:bluescarf: :old:

Re: The Manager's Office.....a new day dawning

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:29 am

Wiggy wrote:The silence is deafening from Tan, think Erol cooked his goose earlier this season, when he called everyone out.

Most wins this year...but also the MOST losses, incredible stats. It's also over 30 games since we scored
more than two goals in a game? Oh for a little more excitement at home, like the last 20 on Saturday...

Aaron Ramsey Esq?

Wouldn’t that be nice. Hopefully more entertaining football as well.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 am

Wiggy wrote:The silence is deafening from Tan, think Erol cooked his goose earlier this season, when he called everyone out.

Aaron Ramsey Esq?

Should we sack an experienced manager who's taken us from the relegation zone to eleventh with a transfer embargo and hand the job to a player with no managerial experience who hasn't completed his badges?

Ramsey could be a Manager one day, but I'm not sure he seems a bit too nice, he certainly won't be ready in 2 weeks, give him a coaching job with an eye to the future possibly.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:46 am

Bluebina wrote:

Aaron Ramsey Esq?

Should we sack an experienced manager who's taken us from the relegation zone to eleventh with a transfer embargo and hand the job to a player with no managerial experience who hasn't completed his badges?

Ramsey could be a Manager one day, but I'm not sure he seems a bit too nice, he certainly won't be ready in 2 weeks, give him a coaching job with an eye to the future possibly.

Totally agree. Good / popular players don’t always make good managers, particularly with no experience. We only need to look at Birmingham to see an example of this.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:05 am

A lot will depend on what happens this summer - has he held off on giving an update because

A) Tan doesn't want Bulut but Dalman does?

B) Tan has offers on the table and is looking at selling

C) Tan is confident of us winning the case against Nantes for the 100m, and will then put money into squad/manager?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 am

A decision will be made on the 06-May. I think it will go the same way as Lamouchi and we will be back to square one again.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:41 am

I don’t think this is the case.

Clearly things happening behind the scenes that impact whether the current owner is in a position to appoint a manager for next season.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I don’t think this is the case.

Clearly things happening behind the scenes that impact whether the current owner is in a position to appoint a manager for next season.

Who knows Ned.

Its understandable why people are concerned but exciting too specially if it means Tan is possible selling up.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:49 am

Tan out

Dalman out

Bulut and his one tactic out

Red seats and the worm out

Shots on goal/ Goals in

Attractive and entertaining football in

Forward fluid passing in

The club giving us a 125th anniversary to be proud of

Please

Probably a fantasy!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 am

Aaron Ramsey Esq?

Ramsey would lead us straight down.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:03 pm

If what I've heard is true bulut won't be here next season or Tan, the clubs hands are tied

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:17 pm

:reindeer:
Bluebina wrote:

Aaron Ramsey Esq?

We weren't in the relegation zone when Bulut took over. We were on the same amount of points as everyone else.........ZERO!

Also Bulut only had one transfer window under an embargo, where last season's managers had full transfer embargo.

I do agree with your view on Ramsey, he may make a good coach. Get him in the academy.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:If what I've heard is true bulut won't be here next season or Tan, the clubs hands are tied

That would explain the deafening silence from the hierarchy at the club.

I'm assuming Bulut also knows this!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:If what I've heard is true bulut won't be here next season or Tan, the clubs hands are tied

What do you mean “the clubs hands are tied”?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am

I'd be OK with that, a completely new start. Granted I think Bulut deserves a new contract but I'd take a new owner over him if it means we get an owner who takes this club forward. Someone with some football know how or people around him at least that have that.

I'd still want a new owner to work within FFP though. I don't want us to do a Hull and blow millions here there and everywhere. That would come back to bite us at some point!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am

There is no way he will sell with a Sala decision and potentially a shitload full of cash pending.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 am

Dave Jones for owner.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

Bluebina wrote:

There is no way he will sell with a Sala decision and potentially a shitload full of cash pending.

Wrong, if gets offered a reasonable amount of money by someone (apart from the one he won’t sell to) then he will sell.

His other businesses are still struggling after Covid so he will take the money and sell this one.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:59 am

Mmmmmm.... And Not from Annis who also has gone quiet on this comment.
Maybe he knows and has been on the phone to him again this week
Central Club posts says he wants to own us again.
So maybe he's brought him out.
Lest hope so.
At least he had a plan and a dream for us all.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Wrong, if gets offered a reasonable amount of money by someone (apart from the one he won’t sell to) then he will sell.

His other businesses are still struggling after Covid so he will take the money and sell this one.

I'd be surprised but you never know, it would depend on what his legal advisers say he is most likely going to get and how big the offer is.

I don't think he will though until the Sala matter has been resolved, as there could be a lot of money and personal satisfaction of knowing he was correct all the way along, but let us wait and see how it all pans out.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:08 pm

NinianLFW wrote:

Mmmmmm.... And Not from Annis who also has gone quiet on this comment.
Maybe he knows and has been on the phone to him again this week
Central Club posts says he wants to own us again.
So maybe he's brought him out.
Lest hope so.
At least he had a plan and a dream for us all.

To be fair, Annis hasn't 'gone quiet' on his comments because he didn't divulge any actual information in hid thread; simply saying 'positive things' were happening during the summer...

What Wez wrote is another of those infamous 'I was told' snippets that go wrong far too often under Tan's reign...

He may be right, he may be wrong but in the absence of genuine knowledge, we'll just have to wait and see... :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 pm

Well negotiations must be at an advance stage then.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 pm

Well if this happens hallelujah! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I'd be surprised but you never know, it would depend on what his legal advisers say he is most likely going to get and how big the offer is.

I don't think he will though until the Sala matter has been resolved, as there could be a lot of money and personal satisfaction of knowing he was correct all the way along, but let us wait and see how it all pans out.

Can only go off what I’ve been told.