Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sorba Thomas

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:53 pm

We should be trying to sign him this summer.

Huddersfield are as good as relegated so he’ll leave there this summer, even though he has two years left on his contract.

Nine assists this season in a relegated team.

Re: Sorba Thomas

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We should be trying to sign him this summer.

Huddersfield are as good as relegated so he’ll leave there this summer, even though he has two years left on his contract.

If he’s got two years left, I don’t think he’ll come cheap.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 pm

I mentioned his name the other day. Good player at this level and is very attack minded. I don’t think he’ll cost the world, possibly £1m at the most. Could spread the money over a few years :thumbup:

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 pm

He's an out and out wingback though and will EB change it ?

Cody Drameh is available on a free in the summer

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:52 pm

llan bluebird wrote:He's an out and out wingback though and will EB change it ?

You rightly suggested the other day we could go with wing backs next season and I think that would work.

Drameh a good option on the right, depends if Ng stays.

Was worried he’d go last summer, there could be tempting offers this year.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

You rightly suggested the other day we could go with wing backs next season and I think that would work.

I just believe most of our home problems happen against wingbacks or ballsy managers playing high wide forwards. So wingbacks counter that

I thought he was almost talking up Perry a few weeks ago whereas if you didn't want offers you talk about anyone but him. He knows he needs a big war chest to improve the shape and Vinny will want him to do his bit as well. I can see Perry going for the coffers with Adams and Rinomhota and would not be surprised to see either Wintle or Siopis go as well.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:38 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I just believe most of our home problems happen against wingbacks or ballsy managers playing high wide forwards. So wingbacks counter that

I thought he was almost talking up Perry a few weeks ago whereas if you didn't want offers you talk about anyone but him. He knows he needs a big war chest to improve the shape and Vinny will want him to do his bit as well. I can see Perry going for the coffers with Adams and Rinomhota and would not be surprised to see either Wintle or Siopis go as well.

Agree with all of that.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 pm

100% agree with Sorba Thomas. He's one of the best in the division and a stand out in a dire team.

His delivery into the box is up there with anyone at this level

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We should be trying to sign him this summer.

Great shout

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I mentioned his name the other day. Good player at this level and is very attack minded. I don’t think he’ll cost the world, possibly £1m at the most. Could spread the money over a few years :thumbup:

You did mentioned him the other day and I agreed with you - Thomas gives you that delivery that's needed .

Cody Drameh also mentioned on here is another who can do a job for us .

Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:17 am

If McGuiness was fit, I think he would have gone 3 at the back with Phillips and Goutas, so wing backs may be needed.

I can see him do this next season

Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 pm

Yes he's good but like Phillips there will probably be a lot of interest.