Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ This Cardiff City player is going to go along way ‘

Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:10 am

Joel Colwill came on as a substitute in the second half in our fixture against Middlesbrough to make his Sky Bet Championship debut.

The midfielder's First Team experience adds to a positive few weeks for the Academy, with Cian Ashford, Raheem Conte and Luey Giles also making their league debuts.

"It felt really good to be out there," Joel began. "I've been a waiting a long time to make my league debut and to make it is a great achievement. I've been training with the First Team for the last couple of months, so I'm used to the tempo and the standard of it now.

"To come on next to some experienced players, they helped me with when to go and press. I had a lot of experience around to help me out."

Academy players have impressed at First Team level in recent weeks, with Ashford notably scoring a dramatic winner against Southampton, as well as Conte playing a big part in the equaliser.

Joel continued: "It's been a really positive few weeks for the Academy. All the boys have done really well and everyone should be really proud of themselves.

"There have been a lot of debuts this season. The Academy deserve a lot of credit and all the staff who have helped us along the way."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ This Cardiff City player is going to go along way ‘

Wed May 01, 2024 10:38 pm

Good Luck to the Lad :bluebird: