Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Erol Bulut has done enough to warrant a new contract?

You may select 1 option

View results

End of the season poll “ Bulut in or out? “

Sat May 04, 2024 8:26 pm

A few on another thread have suggested a poll on Bulut’s future, so here one is.

To be clear this is not do you want Bulut instead of this manager or that manager like other threads on here.

Just a simple question with a yes or no answer as it’s now the end of the season:

Do you think Erol Bulut has done enough to warrant a new contract?

I’m not going to comment because everyone knows my opinion already.

Re: End of the season poll “ Bulut in or out? “

Sat May 04, 2024 8:41 pm

I'm back on the fence with everyone else up here getting splinters but for the purposes of this poll I'm more yes than no.

Sat May 04, 2024 8:47 pm

Yes, purely for the 3/4 Derbies.

Sat May 04, 2024 8:52 pm

Always been in the Bulut camp.

Sat May 04, 2024 8:53 pm

Bit of a double edged sword this for me has he done enough to earn a contract pretty open ended question if staying up was his remit then I guess so. But do I want him to get one. Most definitely not there’s more to football than boring awful football that leaves you mid table. Not for me.

Sat May 04, 2024 9:26 pm

Its a no for me sadly
to many shocking performamces and this endless refusal to change it up
and getting as far as the half way line and then turning backwards right back to the keeper time snd time again when we all want the players to push on and forward
Its like we are out of our depth and to scared to play in the oppositions half
with a big lack of confidence to take a game to the opposition
and this is all down to the managers tactics and motivation
I just don't think bulut is the sort to fire a few f.cks into the players or its a laungage thing but he seems so passive in his demeanor
I want a warnock type who gets fired up which reflects on the players
To many inept performances outway the few positives we have we need a manager who can motivate which ever starting 11 he has unfrint of him
not just his best 11.

Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 pm

Cantonblue.ian wrote:Bit of a double edged sword this for me has he done enough to earn a contract pretty open ended question if staying up was his remit then I guess so. But do I want him to get one. Most definitely not there’s more to football than boring awful football that leaves you mid table. Not for me.

The question is supposed to be what your personal preference would be on whether he’s offered a new contract or not. Apologies if that wasn’t clear.

:thumbright:

Sat May 04, 2024 9:57 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Yes, purely for the 3/4 Derbies.

Yet the away game at the gypsy camp was yet another pathetic performance where we didn’t show up from the first minute. Unacceptable in any game but for a derby totally unforgivable.
Luckily for us earlier in the season they were terrible.

Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Yes, purely for the 3/4 Derbies.

Yet the away game at the gypsy camp was yet another pathetic performance where we didn’t show up from the first minute. Unacceptable in any game but for a derby totally unforgivable.
Luckily for us earlier in the season they were terrible.

Yes I’m still not over that game, another capitulation but at least no doube for them to whine on about

Sat May 04, 2024 10:12 pm

99.9% yes; the 0.01% being Steve Cooper coming in with the owner's support...

I've seen enough to think there's more to come from Erol Bulut... :ayatollah:

Sat May 04, 2024 10:22 pm

There are a whole host of players that just have not made the adjustment to English football, Mutu Shevenchko, Kleberson, Veron,Pepe the same goes for managers.

I just don't think Bulut gets English football, it just doesn't make sense to him. Rotherham are not Leicester they are L1 and we capitulated.

Its just too slow and formulaic. The opposition managers and players are too cute for him.

Sat May 04, 2024 10:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:Bit of a double edged sword this for me has he done enough to earn a contract pretty open ended question if staying up was his remit then I guess so. But do I want him to get one. Most definitely not there’s more to football than boring awful football that leaves you mid table. Not for me.

The question is supposed to be what your personal preference would be on whether he’s offered a new contract or not. Apologies if that wasn’t clear.

:thumbright:

No apology needed. People interpret things differently. It’s all part of the rich tapestry of life. I’d be interested in a do you want bulut to stay or leave poll see if it differs at all.

Sun May 05, 2024 12:02 am

Get rid,useless

Sun May 05, 2024 1:10 am

Can we really afford another rebuilding season??

Sun May 05, 2024 5:29 am

snoopystorm wrote:Can we really afford another rebuilding season??

Can we really afford another season of "entertainment" like we've just had?

Sun May 05, 2024 6:11 am

More than earned it, 13 points from play offs is better than most thought would happen at the start of the season, it was also a very competitive championship this season

Sun May 05, 2024 6:22 am

I'm Bulut in.

I feel he's done enough to deserve another year.

What I don't feel he's done enough for is an open chequebook.

Give him a sensible amount of cash. Let him choose the players. And prove he can move on by 'coaching' them to be better! Let's see if this more attacking style he talks about does exist?!

Sun May 05, 2024 6:49 am

Stay, reasons being ..
1. He has learnt from 1st season.
2. Dalman will get him money.
3. We might end up with Purse.

Sun May 05, 2024 7:10 am

Keep it tight then do or die in the last 10 mins isn't a sustainable tactic

Cardiff City -17
Wednesday -24
Huddersfield -29
Rotherham -52

If he hadn't signed before yesterday's game I can't see how Tan would concede on Buluts additional contract requirements.

With the potential we have coming through if I were Vinny I'd go full-on for Cooper although he is probably hanging on for bigger

I don't want to enter the wash, rinse, repeat cycle, but I just don't think Bulut gets English football and is no wiser now than he was 46 games ago

Sun May 05, 2024 7:51 am

It's a 100% NO from me.

Too many shocking performances and results this season, tactics are poor and he clearly can't motivate the players. The last two games tells me he's learnt nothing from the whole season and I can't see Tan opening up the purse string and throwing money at him this summer, I certainly wouldn't.

Sun May 05, 2024 7:57 am

Yes for me. I was no yesterday due to that disgrace of a result, but over the course of the season, I think he's just about earned it.

My fear for the "no's" are a) who would we get instead and b) he's lost alot of the fans so a poor start destroys the atmosphere.

If he stays, he needs cash. Obvious and blatent. If there's no cash, then get someone else in..

Sun May 05, 2024 8:00 am

JulesK wrote:Stay, reasons being ..
1. He has learnt from 1st season.
2. Dalman will get him money.
3. We might end up with Purse.

1. I have seen no adaptation from the pedestrian 4231 since Rambo was crocked. IMO Rambo did what he and Bale did for Wales and just called the shots from the feild.

2. Agreed, Dalman did get him money this season, no guarantee on how much for next season

3. When Lamouchi left last season we didn't end up with Purse, why would we now?

Sun May 05, 2024 8:03 am

It's like the vote for Brexit this! Very tight.

The question asks whether he warrants a new contract. The fact it took me ages to decide yes or no means there are some doubts about his ability to handle Championship management and move the playing style forward.

Surprisingly I ended up voting Yes purely on the fact that we're well away from relegation zone. Not sure that's a sound basis for voting Yes though!

Sun May 05, 2024 8:10 am

kyle08 wrote:More than earned it, 13 points from play offs is better than most thought would happen at the start of the season, it was also a very competitive championship this season

But was it really though?

By the end of October (13 games ) 5 of the top six were there and didn’t move.

By the middle of March (37 names) the top six was the top six.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:06 am

kyle08 wrote:More than earned it, 13 points from play offs is better than most thought would happen at the start of the season, it was also a very competitive championship this season

One of the least competitive championships seasons I can remember and one of the worst. From 11th place and below, all poor teams.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:13 am

Pretty much 50/50 which is how I see it. I’m stuck on the fence but the derby wins tip me slightly into a yes.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:32 am

Bulut no knew contract

Sun May 05, 2024 9:36 am

No knew contract , Bulut out tan out

Sun May 05, 2024 10:02 am

Please Tan Sri don't give Bulut a new contract. Go and get Danny Rohl from Sheffield Wednesday.

Sun May 05, 2024 11:04 am

Bulut leaving means one thing.No transfer budget next season.
What would you have done in the circustances this season.
Ramsey out all season.Endless injuries of key players.
Under a transfer embargo for the 2023 summer transfer window.
No real budget,Signed Turnball.Club left it to the last minute to deal in the January 2024 window.
Tan wants a team of younger players.
If we make the wrong move reguarding the manager we will be in relegated  next season. We can't keep dodging the Bulut.