Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Yesterday many fans were saying Vincent Tan wants Dave J

Sun May 05, 2024 5:45 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I'm glad I've not renewed. I know quite a few who are staying away. The club is toxic and I've had enough of wasting my hard earned money on it.

The only time I’ve not watched Cardiff is due to the rebrand where I boycotted on principle. We’ve always been a circus and the football had been rubbish, if I watched Cardiff for entertainment over the years I would be a maniac.

Sun May 05, 2024 5:58 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I'm glad I've not renewed. I know quite a few who are staying away. The club is toxic and I've had enough of wasting my hard earned money on it.

The only time I’ve not watched Cardiff is due to the rebrand where I boycotted on principle. We’ve always been a circus and the football had been rubbish, if I watched Cardiff for entertainment over the years I would be a maniac.

Your bang on tbh this season has been relatively calm compared to the last 35 years :lol:

Sun May 05, 2024 6:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Your bang on tbh this season has been relatively calm compared to the last 35 years :lol:

Haha true mate. Wouldn’t change it for the world

Sun May 05, 2024 6:38 pm

Dave jones a now a financial consultant i heard and has been away from football for over 6 years .So this must be BS .i cant see bulut happening here myself and i can see craig Bellamy being offered the job .
For me bulut deserves a new contract and id agree.
My number one choice is steve cooper minus his side kick .

Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
JulesK wrote:Dave Jones as DoF, with the remit to find some troubled souls who would run through brick walls for the shirt, never needed big money before.. Copra, McPhail, Boothroyd,Rae the list was endless.
Plus a proper coach not Ramsey.

So basically you mean Tan’s idea is completely wrong :lol:

For the umpteenth time YES.!!!

Sun May 05, 2024 7:05 pm

brickyblue wrote:Dave jones a now a financial consultant i heard and has been away from football for over 6 years .So this must be BS .i cant see bulut happening here myself and i can see craig Bellamy being offered the job .
For me bulut deserves a new contract and id agree.
My number one choice is steve cooper minus his side kick .

CB refused to work under Tan, is that correct Annis?

Sun May 05, 2024 7:15 pm

If he backs Dave Jones like he did when he was last with us then why not give him a go.
Cardiff City's best days was when Dave Jones was in charge.

But this would only work out if Tan gives him the money he needs to bring quality to this team.

Sun May 05, 2024 7:27 pm

Bulut has had many chances to prove he has other tactics other than the sideways defensive Bulutball that shipped 70 goals, he hasn’t. So I never want to see that terrible style again for my club. Hope he has gone for good. Lovely guy, but not for me. Dreadful watch.

Jones, my favourite city manager. What a contrast to Bulut. Entertaining, goals, fluid, proper wing play, exciting strikers, just bloody good to watch, even in defeat and ridiculous 4-4 draws etc, there was rarely a dull moment. But, I dont want him back, why? If he had stayed in the game my answer would be different. Been away to long. What I want is a return of that mindset and philosophy which we would never get under Bulut. Jones played to win and score goals, Bulut plays not to be beaten yet still conceded SEVENTY goals against a lot of terrible teams.

Cooper sadly not realistic. Ramsey, to soon and would need an experienced head alongside him who hasn’t drifted out of the game. Osian Roberts would be good for the role for example. Bellamy I have always had a feeling would be a success as a manager if a little off the cuff and left field!

I’d rather have Erol Flynn than Erol Bulut. A one tactic manager is just unheard of in the modern game. Actually not just the modern game! It’s not as if it even works and makes fans happy, even his followers moan about it! I despair!

Tan has still treated him appallingly though. Our dictator is rotting our club and accepts no accountability whatsoever

Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:If he backs Dave Jones like he did when he was last with us then why not give him a go.

But this would only work out if Tan gives him the money he needs to bring quality to this team.

Tan came in and sacked dave Jones and then employed malky and backed him . In hindsight should of probably kept Dave Jones and let him have money .

Sun May 05, 2024 8:23 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:If he backs Dave Jones like he did when he was last with us then why not give him a go.

Sorry but you’re remembering it wrong.

First, our best days weren’t with Jones.

We might have played attacking football (because we had a lot of quality attacking players), but for two seasons in a row he had a team that was capable of finishing in the top two and failed to make it happen.

That play-off final against Blackpool was an awful day. Not just because of the result but we knew we should have already got promoted.

Second, Jones was sacked by Tan within weeks of when Tan became more involved.

It was TG who was around the club more during the 2010/11 season when once again we had a top two team with Jones and failed to get promoted.

Sun May 05, 2024 8:24 pm

I and many others are not going back to watch city until Tan and his cronies have fucked off.

Sun May 05, 2024 8:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Tan came in and sacked dave Jones and then employed malky and backed him . In hindsight should of probably kept Dave Jones and let him have money .

Spot on How many times have I pondered this over the years! :thumbright:

Sun May 05, 2024 8:35 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:I and many others are not going back to watch city until Tan and his cronies have fucked off.

I know so many like you. And now possibly more if Bulut stays.
Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Sun May 05, 2024 8:42 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:I and many others are not going back to watch city until Tan and his cronies have fucked off.

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

:lol:

Top half finish.

Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

Why’s that funny?

Because he have a different option to you and doesn’t love bulut.

You said in another thread about people not accepting others opinions. Now your doing it.

Sun May 05, 2024 8:50 pm

Cantonblue.ian wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

Why’s that funny?

You said in another thread about people not accepting others opinions. Now your doing it.

Because to say he’s a “terrible manager” when he achieved a top half finish with this squad is ridiculous.

I don’t agree with those who criticise his tactics, but respect their opinion.

But to call him a terrible manager isn’t really a proper opinion.

Sun May 05, 2024 8:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

Why’s that funny?

Because to say he’s a “terrible manager” when he achieved a top half finish with this squad is ridiculous.

I don’t agree with those who criticise his tactics, but respect their opinion.

But to call him a terrible manager isn’t really a proper opinion.

Why isn’t it?
It would depend on the posters starting point.
He one of the top paid managers in the league he has a load of his own players.
He’s scrapped in to the top half, a lot of people want better for ccfc. A lot, around 50% off this forum think he’s no good for the club and want him gone.
On another poll when he’s head to head with Steve cooper he’s got 19% of the vote. He I would argue is viewed as a poor championship manager.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:00 pm

Absolutely not true !!! :laughing5:

Sun May 05, 2024 9:06 pm

What?
The signings that were nailed on in January? Lol.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:40 pm

So much bollox on here

Sun May 05, 2024 9:42 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:So much bollox on here

Agreed!

Sun May 05, 2024 9:54 pm

I’ve renewed mine but know how you feel it’s the same shit season after season with these clowns in charge they haven’t got no plan no direction it’s embarrassing

Sun May 05, 2024 9:57 pm

Don’t blame you mate their bunch of clowns

Sun May 05, 2024 10:01 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:

I’ve renewed mine but know how you feel it’s the same shit season after season with these clowns in charge they haven’t got no plan no direction it’s embarrassing

My decision to not renew has been made for a while. My commute down to the City will be 2 hours more with me moving jobs, so I’ve got to prioritise for a few years. I’ll be away Mon-Fri and need to be spending my weekends with my daughter.

But, it’s another excuse not to give Vincent Tan anymore of my money :laughing5:

Sun May 05, 2024 10:32 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
SamCCFC1927 wrote:

My decision to not renew has been made for a while. My commute down to the City will be 2 hours more with me moving jobs, so I’ve got to prioritise for a few years. I’ll be away Mon-Fri and need to be spending my weekends with my daughter.

But, it’s another excuse not to give Vincent Tan anymore of my money :laughing5:

Don’t blame you mate family comes first,and ye that’s the best way of looking at it mate :lol:

Sun May 05, 2024 11:12 pm

I agree with J Rat’s summary.
A load of old cobblers.

Mon May 06, 2024 12:20 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

Terrible football, terrible stats, one tactic (defensive yet shipped 70 goals) that he never changes, I’ve spoke to fans of other clubs , they are puzzled by this stubbornness and zero adaptability. Sticking to this rigid formula even when there are teams there for the taking or worse when we are behind. You simply can’t have that in the modern game, which yes, equals a terrible manager. He stays, we go backwards , dividing our fans rather than uniting them, you may want this dirge in our anniversary year, so many of us do not. Even out managed by Wayne Rooney, humiliated by Rotherham and the worst derby performance at Jackland. Clearly, points (no matter how we earn them ) are more important to you than quality, entertainment and style of play. Your personal preference, fair play, I have mine. We both want the revolving door to stop, but even your fellow Bulut supporters are regularly criticizing the one tactic and the style of play and also are now saying they have changed their mind on him . And not just because of Rotherham.

Mon May 06, 2024 5:38 am

I believe it’s pure bullshit and the usual end of season rumours

Mon May 06, 2024 8:26 am

If memory serves me well, I believe Sven commented on this subject many moons ago and it went something like Tan came in, sacked DJ then tried to employ him and DJ told him to shove it. Hopefully Sven will correct me if that's wrong.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:05 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Sorry but you’re remembering it wrong.

First, our best days weren’t with Jones.

We might have played attacking football (because we had a lot of quality attacking players), but for two seasons in a row he had a team that was capable of finishing in the top two and failed to make it happen.

That play-off final against Blackpool was an awful day. Not just because of the result but we knew we should have already got promoted.

Second, Jones was sacked by Tan within weeks of when Tan became more involved.

It was TG who was around the club more during the 2010/11 season when once again we had a top two team with Jones and failed to get promoted.

I take what you’re saying about the ‘best days’ not being under Dave jones but imo we played the most exciting football under him, mostly as you say, fine to the attacking talent we had. Dare I say it but a bit like Ipswich have been this year.