Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: “ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut / The Offer “

Wed May 08, 2024 8:26 am

Updated: 10th May 2024

A board meeting has been called later today

Updated: 9th May 2024

Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract as stated on here.

Bulut wants a longer contract, Tan has given Bulut one week to decide.

Bulut is now in Turkey.

Why did Tan not do this weeks ago??

Apparently:

Erol Bulut and Vincent Tan are more than far apart on negotiations.

Bulut wants 2 years with an option to extend by another year if promoted.

Vincent Tan is offering 1 year and a very basic budget.

Bulut wants security and to build.

Tan you can see has been down this road before and even though I am not a Tan fan, Bulut has not earned the right to more than 1 year.

In fact Bulut finished the season worse than dreadful.

But Cardiff City need Stability and to know where they are going.

15 years later Not knowing where the club is going or what future it has???

Why has it once again taken so long and Tan was ignorant like this to Lamouchi.

WHAT BULLSHIT WILL THE HIERARCHY SAY / WE ARE PLANNING OUR NEXT 5 YEARS lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut / The Offer “

Wed May 08, 2024 8:40 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 08, 2024 8:58 am

Replies:

Wed May 08, 2024 9:01 am

Easy solution

2 year deal with clause for 1 year termination if below our expected finish place at the end of next season.

Wed May 08, 2024 9:08 am

Tan is deluded how can one man be so successful else where but ruin A football club with his ignorance to employ the right people to run a football club had everything’ to go for once made premiership and gone backwards year in year out wasting millions of pounds : it’s clearly running at a loss racking up millions of pounds of debuts which were all supposed to be cleared years ago : One day we may get our club back that fans will engage with owners and lift the roof off at home games instead of the somber atmosphere week in week out :

Wed May 08, 2024 9:13 am

My personal opinion is that Bulut will get his two year deal with the option of a third :thumbup:

Wed May 08, 2024 9:39 am

Simple. One year with the option of a second. Meet in the middle.

If he doesn't perform he's gone next season. If he does. He gets his third and it would be deserved.

I'm still in the camp that Bulut needs to do more. He deserves the extra one, but we need to see improvement next season.

We'd all be raging if we gave him 2 plus 1 and next year we went backwards.

Wed May 08, 2024 9:50 am

It is a tough one really, he hasn't really pulled up trees this season, yes mid table but it was a pretty mediocre Championship tbh apart from the top 3 I would say. Play Off spots were anyones who had a good run tbh. If Tan does not release funds to improve the squad then next season would be no diffrent from this, pretty boring football with bursts of quality occasionally.

Unsure where I stand to be honest.

Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 am

As others have said really, 1 year with option of 2nd if he hits his agreed target for the season.

BUT, Tan NEEDS to back him if he gives a new contract

Wed May 08, 2024 10:02 am

There are a number of People on this Forum who all they want to do is slam Vincent Tan and the board on every occasion, just maybe our owner whilst leaving it a little late, is actually right in this stance of a one year extension of the Manager's contract.

I seam to remember from when Erol Bulut was appointed last year that the option for a one year extension was mentioned back then so in this case our owner is well within the appropriate parameters with his stance on this. Lets face it the end of season did not go well for Bulut. Also when you look at our performances through late December through January there was a serious derailment in the team whilst Bulut made all the noises about transfers, it looked like he was taking "industrial Action". I would question whether he has earned any longer than the extra year.

Lets all remember that Erol Bulut is the 6th longest serving manager within the championship. So is Vincent Tan doing the right thing for once because he has had his fingers burnt over the years with managers. :ayatollah:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 am

Replies:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 am

Reply:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 am

Any normal owner would have had these conversations way before the last game of the season. Then if both sides are miles apart, you can say thanks but no thanks and go your separate ways. Following game 46 then, we should have been announcing a new manager and Bulut would have already tied down a 3 year contract elsewhere on the continent...BUT NO, not with Tan, everyone gets messed about so.ething wrotten, another 3 weeks pass, nothing happens and our club are the only club in the English leagues with no pre-season planned. Just gotta laugh!!!

Wed May 08, 2024 10:37 am

Roath_Blue wrote:As others have said really, 1 year with option of 2nd if he hits his agreed target for the season.

BUT, Tan NEEDS to back him if he gives a new contract

I hate to say it but there is no point giving Bulut any contract if the club are not prepared to back him financially.

The club need to decide whether they want Premier League football or Championship/Lge1 mediocrity

Wed May 08, 2024 10:44 am

Reply:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:46 am

Reply:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am

Reply:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:57 am

Reply:

Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am

Rolling contract..simples.

WITH FUNDS !!

Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 am

Cardiff City recorded 13 more points in the 2023/24 season than in the 2022/23 campaign

Wed May 08, 2024 11:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City recorded 13 more points in the 2023/24 season than in the 2022/23 campaign

Papering over the cracks.

Wed May 08, 2024 11:11 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City recorded 13 more points in the 2023/24 season than in the 2022/23 campaign

Papering over the cracks.

We do have cracks. I definitely agree with that. But this year, with the additions we had, we finished 3 wins away from the play offs.

I genuinely believe that if we could get a guaranteed scorer (like KM or similar) and another four or five quality players (and good use of the loan market) we could not only make up those 3 wins next season but could contend for the top 2.

The question is "Does VT want that?"

Wed May 08, 2024 11:43 am

I think any half decent manager will want two years, especially after already meeting expectations in their initial one year contract.

Bulut won’t accept one year for reasonable reasons, he wants his family moved over.

He’s also realistic that we need to spend money to compete for the top six.

Bulut isn’t perfect but our best hope of success right now.

Tan will probably stick to his guns though and we’ll end up with a worse manager and probably be in a relegation fight next season.

It’s all about stability at this level and we have none.

Wed May 08, 2024 12:07 pm

The LMA have previously said that an average Championship managerial term is 0.86 years.

He'd be foolish to move his family over either way and very unlikely to get to 2 years. He obviously won't agree with this comment though.

There's 2 very likely outcomes, isn't there? He'll either do well and get poached, or do badly and get sacked.

Wed May 08, 2024 12:53 pm

Whatever Tans plan is, this all should have been resolved months ago. He would have known about what budget he was prepared to commit and has had more than enough time to decide on EB or to yet again change manager.

Wed May 08, 2024 2:28 pm

What decent manager is going to settle for a 1 year contract and a limited budget?

Tan is an idiot..when will he ever learn?

Another wasted season of complete mediocrity and probable relegation coming up!!

Tan just sell up!!

Wed May 08, 2024 2:36 pm

If this is true and i believe it is....again the question is why is he hanging on when better offers elsewhere?

Wed May 08, 2024 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Apparently:

Erol Bulut and Vincent Tan are more than far apart on negotiations.

Bulut wants 2 years with an option to extend by another year if promoted.

Vincent Tan is offering 1 year and a very basic budget.

Bulut wants security and to build.

Tan you can see has been down this road before and even though I am not a Tan fan, Bulut has not earned the right to more than 1 year.

In fact Bulut finished the season worse than dreadful.

But Cardiff City need Stability and to know where they are going.

15 years later Not knowing where the club is going or what future it has???

Why has it once again taken so long and Tan was ignorant like this to Lamouchi.

WHAT BULLSHIT WILL THE HIERARCHY SAY / WE ARE PLANNING OUR NEXT 5 YEARS lol

If we finished in the top 6 this year he wpuld of got his 2 years extesion automatically, we didn't, I don't think as you said bulut deserves two years . We weren't exactly good and I think most mangers with our squad would of finished mid table .

Wed May 08, 2024 3:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:If this is true and i believe it is....again the question is why is he hanging on when better offers elsewhere?

Who says there's better offers ? Media spin

Wed May 08, 2024 3:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:If this is true and i believe it is....again the question is why is he hanging on when better offers elsewhere?

Who says there's better offers ? Media spin

Well hull fioritina plus several in Turkey Greece are they all made up? But question still stands why is he putting up with the apparent lack of progress in his demands..... anyway latest reports 30mins apparent is he and his staff have left Cardiff for respective homes and decision made in 48hrs..