Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I come in peace.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:14 am

A sensible question, who do you really believe has the better owners us Jacks or you Bluebirds?
Also which of us is being run the better?

Re: I come in peace.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:38 am

Proud Jack wrote:A sensible question, who do you really believe has the better owners us Jacks or you Bluebirds?

A good question. I think I’d rather ours atm, purely on the ‘better the devil you know’ theory. Both awful owners though purely based on what I read about yours.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:41 am

Proud Jack wrote:A sensible question, who do you really believe has the better owners us Jacks or you Bluebirds?

Difficult to differentiate between the 2. Both owners have taken their respective club backwards.

Thu May 09, 2024 10:45 am

Which would you prefer PJ?

Thu May 09, 2024 11:00 am

Tan is the worst hands down for me

Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Difficult to differentiate between the 2. Both owners have taken their respective club backwards.

That's very true and swans owners for many years have got it wrong despite doing it Swansea way? Selling best players year on year is a bad philosophy instead of building year on year .. hence after 7yrs in premier league they are below us in league even after our mismanagement for years.

Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 am

Both have different problems, ours has backed us to the max, but makes the same mistakes time after time and won't invest in a decent DOF or Manager, this is costing him Millions a year in wasted player fees and constant full squad rebuilds.

Yours are investors and are just concerned with how much money they can take out of the club, as yours are investors and trying to make a profit for the first few years you've been more profitably run, but it looks like they've run out of things to asset strip out of your club, so I'd rather Tan, I think you could be in for a rough couple of years now unless Williams does a really good job with a limited squad and budget.

Thu May 09, 2024 11:32 am

We’re obviously biased, but I do think our owner is worse for a number of reasons.

It’s not just the state of the club today and the cost cutting (which is also happening at Swansea) but obviously the rebrand to red and how long it took to reverse that will never be forgotten by a lot of fans. May not be a massive issue financially, but will always be a big issue for fans.

Not saying that your owners are good, because they’re not.

I have always said that Championship clubs will always sell their best players if good offers come in from bigger clubs. That’s what Swansea have done.

But the big problem for them is they haven’t reinvested that money in the team (unlike Coventry for example) so that’s why they had a long season.

If both clubs continue to cost cut and try to survive in this league on the cheap, we’ll both be in League One soon.

Thu May 09, 2024 1:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We’re obviously biased, but I do think our owner is worse for a number of reasons.

It’s not just the state of the club today and the cost cutting (which is also happening at Swansea) but obviously the rebrand to red and how long it took to reverse that will never be forgotten by a lot of fans. May not be a massive issue financially, but will always be a big issue for fans.

Not saying that your owners are good, because they’re not.

I have always said that Championship clubs will always sell their best players if good offers come in from bigger clubs. That’s what Swansea have done.

But the big problem for them is they haven’t reinvested that money in the team (unlike Coventry for example) so that’s why they had a long season.

If both clubs continue to cost cut and try to survive in this league on the cheap, we’ll both be in League One soon.

Ned,

I am with you on everything you’ve just said.

Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 pm

I don't see any real hope under Tans ownership.

If things carry on the way they are I wouldn't be surprised to see Wrexham above both of us in a few seasons

Thu May 09, 2024 1:51 pm

Great question.

For as much as I'd like a new owner who would be cool in the media, splash cash, ensure we play like 1950s Brazil etc; I'm a realist.

- We're in major debt, and still here.
- We are on the rise in a number of areas (whether we like admit it or not: league position and average attendance have both improved - two key metrics)
- We are seeing some decent looking youngsters appear after what feels like a decade without much influence in the starting 11
- We have a manager being linked with bigger clubs (not Hornchurch etc)
- We are an established second tier club; this was a pipe dream when I was a nipper

I don't know much about the Jacks owners other than I feel that you have stripped your saleable assets to a bare minimum and if (feels like) you are on the decline. I'm one of the type who'd love to see you go down :laughing6:

The one thing I'd swap is you have a clear vision of how you play. We don't have that. If you asked 10 of us in isolation, we'd probably give you different answers. Would I swap it for a 5 point/2 league position difference... absolutely not because (for me) after promotion, it's 'how much higher can we finish above the Jacks'.

Fri May 10, 2024 10:42 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Backwards ? How ? . Most successful owner we've had is Tan, two promotions , cup final , stadium fully paid for , academy built. Remember what it was like before tan came under risdale ay?.

Fri May 10, 2024 11:31 am

Wez you are sucking up to Tan again why don't you go to Malaysia and cosy up with him you are totally deluded.

Fri May 10, 2024 11:37 am

Earnestp wrote:Wez you are sucking up to Tan again why don't you go to Malaysia and cosy up with him you are totally deluded.

Had he said anything that’s untrue then mate?

Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Earnestp wrote:Wez you are sucking up to Tan again why don't you go to Malaysia and cosy up with him you are totally deluded.

Exactly the truth hurts some , I support cardiff city and any owner that bank rolls us , personally I don't like Tan but he's bank rolled us.

Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Exactly the truth hurts some , I support cardiff city and any owner that bank rolls us , personally I don't like Tan but he's bank rolled us.

In a nutshell.
Needs replacing but he’s keeping us afloat for now

Fri May 10, 2024 12:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Backwards ? How ? . Most successful owner we've had is Tan, two promotions , cup final , stadium fully paid for , academy built. Remember what it was like before tan came under risdale ay?.

You are beyond belief Wez,

It’s now becoming sickening.

Please put all that on your FB page and see the response

Fri May 10, 2024 1:00 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

In a nutshell.

Keeping us afloat??

They are charging us £6mill in interest, they say we are losing £11mill a year.

Plus their wages, court cases, expenses etc

f**k TAN

Fri May 10, 2024 2:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

In a nutshell.

Keeping us afloat??

They are charging us £6mill in interest, they say we are losing £11mill a year.

Plus their wages, court cases, expenses etc

f**k TAN

You don't half speak some crap it's not 6 million a year ffs also most of the interests gets either written off or converted to equity, for someone who's in business you need to read the accounts. Come on annis tan bank rolls us and that's a fact , the court cases cost us nothing as he writes his loans off , let's stick to the facts , you're blind hatred clouds the reality sometimes .

Fri May 10, 2024 2:39 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

In a nutshell.

Said it for a few years now nit that the normal club bashers see it .

Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 pm

No wonder people stopped posting on here this thread is about us and Swansea and way they're tun ... but ends up with people insulting others for having opinion not in line with forums narrative on tan.... no one wants tan to stay " not even wez" so what the fck is the problem with having an opinion ?

Fri May 10, 2024 2:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:No wonder people stopped posting on here this thread is about us and Swansea and way they're tun ... but ends up with people insulting others for having opinion not in line with forums narrative on tan.... no one wants tan to stay " not even wez" so what the fck is the problem with having an opinion ?

Some people's agendas are to bash the club at every opportunity and it's a bit tiresome tbh ,

Fri May 10, 2024 3:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:No wonder people stopped posting on here this thread is about us and Swansea and way they're tun ... but ends up with people insulting others for having opinion not in line with forums narrative on tan.... no one wants tan to stay " not even wez" so what the fck is the problem with having an opinion ?

Some people's agendas are to bash the club at every opportunity and it's a bit tiresome tbh ,

What’s tiresome is our club being run into the ground by Tan and his merry men. The day he leaves our club I’ll throw a party.

Fri May 10, 2024 3:18 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

What’s tiresome is our club being run into the ground by Tan and his merry men. The day he leaves our club I’ll throw a party.

How do you explain run into the ground? Bit dramatic mate .are we really any worse than other clubs ? Remember the bad old days under risdale ? .

Fri May 10, 2024 5:57 pm

FFS tan the club's most successful owner no wez. It's whoever owned the club in the 20s and the Merritt family in the 50s .tan in comparison has achieved fck all except creating a shit load of animosity and bad feeling amongst the fanbase

Fri May 10, 2024 6:09 pm

skiprat wrote:FFS tan the club's most successful owner no wez. It's whoever owned the club in the 20s and the Merritt family in the 50s .tan in comparison has achieved fck all except creating a shit load of animosity and bad feeling amongst the fanbase

He’s caused friction but it’s not correct to say that ‘feck all’ has been achieved under his tenure

Fri May 10, 2024 7:13 pm

Swansea Jack look what you have started :lol:
Your headline is I come in peace , well you’ve caused all these old arguments to be brought back up :clap: :laughing6: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 11, 2024 7:19 am

Some honest replies, I think we are both going to struggle next year if there is not major changes at both clubs, we both want our owners gone, our Supporters trust sold out to the owners and did not stand up for the fans like promised. Thank you for replying without malice

Sat May 11, 2024 9:01 am

Proud Jack wrote:Some honest replies, I think we are both going to struggle next year if there is not major changes at both clubs, we both want our owners gone, our Supporters trust sold out to the owners and did not stand up for the fans like promised. Thank you for replying without malice

Read an interesting article on your club basically saying you've no where to go financially as probably only one saleable asset and need to replace around 13 players whilst already recieved 2 cash injections recently simply no money for quality players...... we buy in poundland you buy in under 23 shop both cheap but doesn't inspire confidence of making top 6 anytime soon.

Sat May 11, 2024 1:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Proud Jack wrote:Some honest replies, I think we are both going to struggle next year if there is not major changes at both clubs, we both want our owners gone, our Supporters trust sold out to the owners and did not stand up for the fans like promised. Thank you for replying without malice

Read an interesting article on your club basically saying you've no where to go financially as probably only one saleable asset and need to replace around 13 players whilst already recieved 2 cash injections recently simply no money for quality players...... we buy in poundland you buy in under 23 shop both cheap but doesn't inspire confidence of making top 6 anytime soon.

The Jacks have been heading that way for some time but somehow they seem to come through it with little damage. It does look though that their luck is about to run out. Foreign ownership hey, who would want it.