Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Tan actually tight?

Thu May 09, 2024 7:11 pm

I’m guilty of saying tan won’t put his hand in his pocket as much as the next person but the fact we have the 6th highest wages in the league given the dross we watch most weeks I’m really not surprised he doesn’t want to delve deeper into the pocket.

The reality is any money available this year will likely be generated ourselves via sales and outgoings.

Ive been looking over our current playing teams wage budget (386k pw) on this website: https://www.capology.com/club/cardiff/salaries/

I’m taking the figures as accurate though I highly doubt we paid 100% of Nat Phillips’ wage.

Remove the loans (94k pw) and the 3 going out of contract (Diedihou 14k, Sawyers 12k & Collins 9k) and it appears there’s some room in the kitty for players.

If we could get some of the highly paid players like Robinson (20k), Romeo (15k) and Meite (12k) to depart that would also help. Robinson simply hasn’t worked for us and I think any fee would be a blessing. I’d be surprised if Romeo’s wage was that high but if so - he has to go.

As mentioned by others on this forum a player like Drameh available on a free is exactly the type of player we need given Romeos wage and NGs likely departure.

We need 5 decent loans to bring the quality up and we need a few realistic free agents this summer. At a first glance online I can see a few PL/Champ players out of contract next month:

Sam Byram LB
John Fleck CM
Cyrus Christie RB
Lucas Jutkiewicz ST
Ryan Leonard CM
Ashley Young - everywhere
Seamus Coleman - RB
Adam lallana - CM
Rhys Norrington-Davies - LB
Danny Welbeck ST

I hope the city scouts are better than me..

Bloooobirds.

Disclaimer: I’m not a tan lover. I can see the disconnect between fans and board. The stadium atmosphere is not right. It has been a frustrating few years fighting court cases and seeing managers come and go. It’s just that on the face of it…. He is paying his way and keeping out of it. We have just had a successful season. We just need to build on it.

Re: Is Tan actually tight?

Thu May 09, 2024 7:47 pm

His problem is he doesn't know anything about football and he is a meglamaniac.

Thu May 09, 2024 7:51 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:His problem is he doesn't know anything about football and he is a meglamaniac.

Spot on. Arrogant, unwilling to change, unwilling to take advice, Dictator.

I don’t like him, in case that wasn’t clear.

Thu May 09, 2024 7:57 pm

Tan is not tight and has subsided the club for £millions over the last decade

The problem is he is clueless when it comes to running a football club…rebrand, badge, manager appointments etc etc

If he had got sone knowledgeable football people in to help him run the club he would have saved himself a fortune. His own ridiculous decisions have cost him countless millions and I have no sympathy for him whatsoever