Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK ,MY KIND OF CLUB

Fri May 10, 2024 11:34 am

Finally got around to reading this book and his time here at city and the biggest thing i noticed was warnocks motivation skills throught he admitted that he was a motivator a lot more than a tactition and tbis is quite telling with our present manager who could not get a tune out of the current squad to even give rotherham a game.
warnock got a song out of what he had and this was all before we got promoted before any one says before he wasted money on big signings and the other tbing was how atta kung we where under him not all hoofball as a lot suggested. Mendez lang and holliet where ripping up defences with there wing play it all brought memories back of such a great time to be a city fan but sadly comparing what we have had this last few years what a contrast
I would recommend thoroughly this book if you have not read as a city fan
and the last thing to take from the book was his genuine love for cardiff city fans which comes over very well indeed and a big togetherness for the whole of the club which is in stark contrast to today with fans arguing with each other and towards the owners sadly .

Re: NEIL WARNOCK ,MY KIND OF CLUB

Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 am

Yeah I’ve heard good reviews about that book.

No doubt he did a good job with us for a while.

But I have been saying for years, and it’s still true, that one day things will come out about Warnock that will be very interesting.

Strange how he suddenly quit the Aberdeen job too….

Fri May 10, 2024 1:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Yeah I’ve heard good reviews about that book.

No doubt he did a good job with us for a while.

But I have been saying for years, and it’s still true, that one day things will come out about Warnock that will be very interesting.

Strange how he suddenly quit the Aberdeen job too….

Nice of you to reply as we have not seen eye to eye on bulut recently so hats off to you for commenting in my post.

Fri May 10, 2024 2:20 pm

Seeing him down the Vale in a few months. Looking forward to that, the only downside is that he’s bringing Page along now haha

Fri May 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Hoilett and NML ripping up defences lasted about 8 games. After that it was dire hoof-ball with much comittment.

Fri May 10, 2024 3:39 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Hoilett and NML ripping up defences lasted about 8 games. After that it was dire hoof-ball with much comittment.

Oh and we went on to get promoted also.

Fri May 10, 2024 6:41 pm

Compared to the dirge we have been served up this season, give me Warnock's so called hoofball any day of the week!

Fri May 10, 2024 7:32 pm

mugsy wrote:Compared to the dirge we have been served up this season, give me Warnock's so called hoofball any day of the week!

Mugsy

Me to pal when you go to watch your team play footie you want to enjoy the footie or the result.

Fri May 10, 2024 11:22 pm

mugsy wrote:Compared to the dirge we have been served up this season, give me Warnock's so called hoofball any day of the week!

I never understood posters who in recent years have described our time under him as hoofball. Wasn't Man City ballet shoes football, but it certainly wasn't hoofball either...

Sat May 11, 2024 10:13 am

It's a great read fair play

Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

I never understood posters who in recent years have described our time under him as hoofball. Wasn't Man City ballet shoes football, but it certainly wasn't hoofball either...

A quiet monkfish

Warnocks tenure was also riddled with injuries how we got promoted with that team i don' t know but that was the big point how motivation trumps tactics.