A Critical Week for Cardiff City

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:17 pm

See link:

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.com/

Re: A Critical Week for Cardiff City

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:20 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:See link:

A very interesting and Good Blog TLG :ayatollah: , This week is very Critical.

Get your Avitar on Please :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:23 pm

I agree with most of what you've said and yes, Ridsdale is not wholly responsible. But he is the one who has had the stage to become transparent and has yet failed to do so. As he is at the helm of the club, responsibilty must lie with him.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Tlg do you think pr will pay the tax off ? and if he doesnt what do you reckon will happen to city ?
Pr is responsible for the current crisis as far as i am concerned.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Is he honest or disshonest - Hmmm what a conundrum :lol:

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Bear in mind, Ridsdale is the front man.

Are you certain the rest of the board want himto be transparent?

I'm not.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 pm

he is the frontman, which keeps the owners away from us.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:Bear in mind, Ridsdale is the front man.

Are you certain the rest of the board want himto be transparent?

I'm not.

Wether they do or not is slightly irrelevant.

It's Ridsdales head on the chopping block, not Borleys, Harris or Flitcroft.

Surely he should be in control of the board and not vice versa.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Ridsdale is a member of a five-man board. He's not a Sam Hammam figure, ie: the all-powerful owner. In fact, Paul Guy effectively owns twice as many shares as Ridsdale does.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:34 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:Ridsdale is a member of a five-man board. He's not a Sam Hammam figure, ie: the all-powerful owner. In fact, Paul Guy effectively owns twice as many shares as Ridsdale does.

And really if Guy said your fired Peter, he would have to go end off.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 pm

A very valid point, the Board is made up of more than one.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:37 pm

But Guy is not the figurehead. Nobody has asked guy about the HMRC situation, they asked Ridsdale. Ridsdale has failed to tell the whole truth.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Mr Davies wrote:But Guy is not the figurehead. Nobody has asked guy about the HMRC situation, they asked Ridsdale. Ridsdale has failed to tell the whole truth.

The rest of the board were fully aware of it, though.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:41 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:But Guy is not the figurehead. Nobody has asked guy about the HMRC situation, they asked Ridsdale. Ridsdale has failed to tell the whole truth.

The rest of the board were fully aware of it, though.

I'm not saying they weren't. But they weren't asked. Ridsdale was.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 pm

We football fans love our heroes and villains. Football is like a pantomine at times.

Ridsdale is the perfect villain, but watch out for the quiet ones. That's my advice.

I'm not for one moment suggesting that PR is blameless in this - far from it. But bear in mind these men have meetings. Lots of them.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 am

I can tell you whats holding up new investment.The "City Major shareholders"want 45p a share for company worth £1 plus debts.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:32 am

That's a very informative article from someone who has clearly seen the email exchanges. In defence of Peter Ridsdale if transcript emails have been read directly between revenue and Peter and Peter says all these matters to the revenue, it doesn't mean in reality that what he tells the revenue is exactly the case , ie season ticket money being provided to clear the tax situation, what Peter would I am sure be doing is presenting a case for stay of execution to the revenue whilst needing the time to gather the funding to release the revenue threat, the most obvious source I would feel would be the sale of Matthews to a Premiership Club which in turn would produce some funding towards the balance owed. I note Birmingham are also mentioned, one trait here which is very common in football business when in these situations is to " cut deals" on future payments owed due to sell on clauses, for instance , R. Johnson for arguements sake could possibly have a sell on clause to be rewarded to Cardiff City at the end of the season. This then could be negoiated at this time for a lump cash sum in return for a reduction of dues. It happens all the time, especially when hard cash is required by football clubs.

I think you all need to be a little patient with your football club and its Directors at this present time, obviously all is not well, but at times like this , it's far better to get behind your Club than fight against it. As I have posted before , my feelings are it's Premiership or bust, you are 4th spot with half the season undergone, I do think that PR will know this too and for that reason will give your Manager Dave Jones the season ticket monies to invest in to the squad for that very vital push, whilst at the same time selling on Adam Matthews.

As fans my advice is ALL supporters should stay out of the politics of football,( most of the time you will be only used as chess pawns anyway) get behind your team and sit back and see what develops up to the end of the season, then if you dont like the situation at that stage , take the actions you deem fit. This also gives you a few months to prepare for all future outcomes.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

TLG should,nt that have read "ANOTHER" critical week for cardiff city.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:51 pm

TNT wrote:

That's a very informative article from someone who has clearly seen the email exchanges. In defence of Peter Ridsdale if transcript emails have been read directly between revenue and Peter and Peter says all these matters to the revenue, it doesn't mean in reality that what he tells the revenue is exactly the case , ie season ticket money being provided to clear the tax situation, what Peter would I am sure be doing is presenting a case for stay of execution to the revenue whilst needing the time to gather the funding to release the revenue threat, the most obvious source I would feel would be the sale of Matthews to a Premiership Club which in turn would produce some funding towards the balance owed. I note Birmingham are also mentioned, one trait here which is very common in football business when in these situations is to " cut deals" on future payments owed due to sell on clauses, for instance , R. Johnson for arguements sake could possibly have a sell on clause to be rewarded to Cardiff City at the end of the season. This then could be negoiated at this time for a lump cash sum in return for a reduction of dues. It happens all the time, especially when hard cash is required by football clubs.

I think you all need to be a little patient with your football club and its Directors at this present time, obviously all is not well, but at times like this , it's far better to get behind your Club than fight against it. As I have posted before , my feelings are it's Premiership or bust, you are 4th spot with half the season undergone, I do think that PR will know this too and for that reason will give your Manager Dave Jones the season ticket monies to invest in to the squad for that very vital push, whilst at the same time selling on Adam Matthews.

As fans my advice is ALL supporters should stay out of the politics of football,( most of the time you will be only used as chess pawns anyway) get behind your team and sit back and see what develops up to the end of the season, then if you dont like the situation at that stage , take the actions you deem fit. This also gives you a few months to prepare for all future outcomes.

Great piece of advice IHO

:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:58 pm

football is nothing but politics,its our local politics,that fans throw far more energy and passion into than they ever would at anything coming from the assembly

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:27 pm

TNT wrote:

good informative post, thanks

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Thank You.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:13 pm

beano1 wrote:

TLG should,nt that have read "ANOTHER" critical week for cardiff city.

Yeah and I don't think Vince would like the word "critical."

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm

TNT wrote:

Great post tnt glad to see you back,lets support the boys and make some noise

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 pm

elliott wrote:
TNT wrote:

Great post tnt glad to see you back,lets support the boys and make some noise