Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WEDNESDAY WATCH!!!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:01 am

No fresh news from the Wednesday HQ about a manager! I will keep you all informed on any further developments folks!!! ;)

Re: WEDNESDAY WATCH!!!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:04 am

;) i think darren furgeson wasnt for you :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:08 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:;) i think darren furgeson wasnt for you :lol:

We want someone higher up the ladder! Be the f*cking Window cleaner! :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 am

sam salim wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:;) i think darren furgeson wasnt for you :lol:

We want someone higher up the ladder! Be the f*cking Window cleaner! :lol:

more like fred dibnah then :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 am

i thought this was gonna be about snow :oops:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 am

You can have Dave Jones if you want!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:40 am

Nothing much will happen anywhere today with all this snow

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:05 pm

TERRY CURRAN wants it
thrown his application in
says he'll do it free till the end of the season and theres no way he'll get dismissed as he be thw wanted man ;)

his prefered strike pair tudgay and jeffers and wants mcsheffry in and a centre half

looks like hes serious sam :shock:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:45 pm

Published Date: 06 January 2010
By Paul Thompson
Sheffield Wednesday
TERRY Curran, one of the most flamboyant Wednesday characters of the last 30 years, is offering to do the manager's job for nothing.
He has applied for the job and is expressing the same confidence that he showed as a hero-worshipped player in Jack Charlton's promotion-winning side of 1980.

The 54-year-old former star striker told The Star that he is willing to manage the club unsalaried initially and then step down if they say he is not good enough.

"But they'll want to keep me," he insists. "I know I've got the confidence, knowledge, will and determination to do a good job. And I love this club."

"People go on about experience; it's not about experience, it's about knowing what's needed, and I know what's needed.

"It's doesn't need a lot of money spending; it just wants tweaking and sorting out, and I know I can do that. I'm taking coaching badges - but it's not just about badges either; the club have brought in people before and they've failed. It's about whether somebody is capable of doing a job."

Curran says that he would bank on a strike partnership of Marcus Tudgay and Francis Jeffers and aim to bring in a centre half, a midfield player, and a left-side player - preferably Birmingham's Gary McSheffrey - even if it meant letting someone go first.

Curran, previously a manager with no-League club Goole Town, is working for Doncaster Rovers Centre of Excellence, where his junior team have won every match this season :shock:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Sam, Would you have liked Darren Ferguson ?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sam, Would you have liked Darren Ferguson ?

Not really Annis! I prefer someone whos more experianced at this moment in time! Its about getting us out of the mess we are in. We are £27 MILLION in debt! We need an old head to see us to the end of this season and keep us in this division! Then go about looking for a top notch manager!!!!!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:58 pm

sam salim wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sam, Would you have liked Darren Ferguson ?

Not really Annis! I prefer someone whos more experianced at this moment in time! Its about getting us out of the mess we are in. We are £27 MILLION in debt! We need an old head to see us to the end of this season and keep us in this division! Then go about looking for a top notch manager!!!!!

Sam, Who do you want ?, He is the man I wanted for Cardiff.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Curbishley or Coppel will do at this moment in time! If Warnock gets it i will NEVER go to a game while ever he is in charge.Megson seems to be the favourite! :?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Met a Mad sheff wed Fan on hols last year, hes a great guy still in touch with him and we are currently comparing the goings on at each club,

I spoke to him earlier and he also said about "warnock" and if he got the job, why dont you want him to have it ?????

He is a season ticket holder at wednesday and told me today he prefers to stay in the pub during the home games as i said hes a mad man.

TBH i have a little soft spot for Wednesday, ever since i was a nipper growing up, dont know why tho.... ;)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm

mattyblue wrote:Met a Mad sheff wed Fan on hols last year, hes a great guy still in touch with him and we are currently comparing the goings on at each club,

I spoke to him earlier and he also said about "warnock" and if he got the job, why dont you want him to have it ?????

He is a season ticket holder at wednesday and told me today he prefers to stay in the pub during the home games as i said hes a mad man.

TBH i have a little soft spot for Wednesday, ever since i was a nipper growing up, dont know why tho.... ;)

I hate the man ( warnock ) with a passion! Obviously hes a blunt and he once stated that he would love to manage the Wednesday take them all the way to the conference and see them go bust!!!!!!! I wou'nt say no more about the SHITHEAD!!!!!! :twisted: Mind you we stay in the pub when we go to away games aswell. :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:18 pm

sam salim wrote:Curbishley or Coppel will do at this moment in time! If Warnock gets it i will NEVER go to a game while ever he is in charge.Megson seems to be the favourite! :?

I rate both of them, well ahead of DJ and Laws.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:17 pm

lets go foreign for a change ??
no to coppell
no to curbs in my humble

or the consortium sam
waddle nilsson hirst pearson----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 8-)
THE DREAM TEAM??????
PEARSON AS HEAD HENCHO
WADDLER AS THE ARM AROUND YOUNGS NURTURING THE UP COMING TALENT
NILSSON THE PRO OF ALL TIMES TO SHORE UP THE BACK 4

HIRSTY TO POINT THE TWO POSTS AND BAR OUT...
BALL BETWEEN THE POSTS AND MINES A PINT AT THE BAR :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh Sam, what you doing on here, you've got a book to finish reading. :D :D

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:22 pm

:ayatollah: :D ok cocka !

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:24 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Oh Sam, what you doing on here, you've got a book to finish reading. :D :D

pictures only gwyn your to educated for poor old sam :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:25 pm

mallo wrote::ayatollah: :D ok cocka !

you still awake :D ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:37 pm

long time dead baz 8-)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 pm

mallo wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Oh Sam, what you doing on here, you've got a book to finish reading. :D :D

pictures only gwyn your to educated for poor old sam :lol:

Thats why im looking at Cardiff fans through the years!!!! Oh thats a nice picture with me and Barry the badge man!!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:41 pm

dopy its billy the badge ! zedi

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:42 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
mallo wrote::ayatollah: :D ok cocka !

you still awake :D ;) :ayatollah:

hows tricks with you baz ........................ :D

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:43 pm

mallo wrote:dopy its billy the badge ! zedi

i can't read Mal !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 pm

ady puck, i tell you what you may have a point there, we have gone to scotland for players and done well with them, any scottish managers there, or even the continent

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 pm

they tipped a foreign manager the other week whos managing in scotland but can i fook remember his name or the team
im fed up of the same oldnames being banded around....

were up shit creek -The paddlesgone
gamble and try summat different....

thats my philosophy :?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 am

Sheffield Wednesday are keeping a close eye on the weather conditions for saturdays game against Peterborough.A spokesman said the pitch is 100% playable because of the undersoil heating but the surrounding steets and carparks are treasurous at this moment in time! It could be off! :(

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:53 am

ADY PUCK wrote:they tipped a foreign manager the other week whos managing in scotland but can i fook remember his name or the team
im fed up of the same oldnames being banded around....

were up shit creek -The paddlesgone
gamble and try summat different....

thats my philosophy :?

Please tell me it's not Czsaba Laszlo or whatever his name is from Hearts?!

Mr. Loverman... Czsaba!!!

I reckon you need Gareth Southgate! :D