Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So who's off work today then?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:50 am

I'm stuck in the estate so aint going nowhere. To make it worse, some Gremlins got into the electrics of the car yesterday so now the wipers dont work - well I say dont work, if I put the front ones on, the rear one will come on. If I turn the rear one on it'll spray washer fluid :roll:

Is that 20k :?: :D

Re: So who's off work today then?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 am

im in work, going home at 12 and going to play in the snow :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:53 am

I am, im on the sick with man flu. :|

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 am

I'm off but it's my rest day anyway. Back in tomorrow. Why, oh why couldn't I be snowed in tomorrow??

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 am

Mr Davies wrote:I'm off but it's my rest day anyway. Back in tomorrow. Why, oh why couldn't I be snowed in tomorrow??

Typical mate lol. You never know, more expected so you might get your snow day tomorrow- unless you live in Cardiff. It seems if you live in Cardiff the Council make sure all the roads are clear, however if you live in RCT, Caerphilly or Merthyr your f##ked! :D

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:00 am

im most certainly at home the roads are terrible here

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 am

I'm in work but hardly anyone else is. Even people living in Penarth and Barry haven't come in. Can any Penarthians give a forecast from their domain so we know if they're shitting out or genuinely stuck in?

Sadly because I live in Cathays it would require an absolute beast of a snow storm to stop me getting to work in Leckwith.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 am

Just received this e-mail from someone in the Met Office...

The Emergency Management Unit has spoken to the Welsh Met. Office Advisor this morning in relation to the current position in Cardiff. The immediate position is an improving one with the radar showing snow quickly dying away with only infrequent showers to follow and these then finishing by early afternoon. The sun will then come out but the temperatures will struggle to get much above freezing.

The longer term picture is less encouraging with the possibility of the freezing weather going on for another week. This will stop the snow thawing and also inevitably icy road conditions will be predominating. More detailed information will be made available through the week as they appear but confidence in this position is high so planning for continuing disruption is at this point the most practical position to adopt. Please pass this message on to any relevant staff that does not have access to email. Any queries in relation to this message please contact The Emergency Management Unit.

So looks like it improving with regards to the heavy snow but looks like we're set to have snow around for the next week. This probably means the match on Saturday will now be called off. :(

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 pm

first day off due to snow in 35yrs of working!couple of inches in penarth.anyone know what rct area is like?wondering if i can get to work tomorow. :roll: