Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Support for peter Ridsdale

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 am

I know a lot of you will disagree with this, and say Peter only has himself to blame, and to a degree you are right. I'm as frustrated as any of you over the way the club has been mismanaged at times, but we have also had good times let’s not forget that.

We need to rally around the chairman and support Peter whether you like him or not because if he goes, (he is on the verge of quitting) the investors go, the board goes and the club will go pop. Nobody wants to be chairman here for the foreseeable future anyway it’s a thankless task at Cardiff City not helped by the microscope media attention the role receives unfortunately.

At the end of the day these latest revelations were hacked illegally from a personal account, most people personal inbox contains items that could damage them especially businessman, those of us who work in the business world will understand the sort of emails that fly around on day to day covering various topics, if they were shown to our clients, colleagues, friends or outside bodies, it would be very embarrassing at the least and you could never work again at it’s worst. This is somebody's own personal email account FFS where is the integrity and moral standing in exposing that? To break the law to discredit a person is morally wrong.

I’m backing Peter Ridsdale and Implore you for the sake of the club to do the same and for the time being I ask you to bury any grievances or grudges you may hold and put them to one side as I have done.

Thanks for your anticipated support in this

Re: Support for peter Ridsdale

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 am

He's done a fantastic job so far, and it would be a shame for him to quit now. If he does, Cardiff will be thrown into the same catagory as Leeds and Barnsley. Hopefully he'll stay, secure the investment, and oversee our promotion to the Premiership.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 am

I don't believe the tabloids and would take Peter's word over the NOTW any day! However, I am still cautious about what goes on behind the club's doors but that has always been the case no matter who the chairman is.

I firmly believe the debt problems will be sorted imminently, we will get 2-3 players in, be it on loan, and we will make the playoffs this season.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 am

vince.alm wrote:
I’m backing Peter Ridsdale and Implore you for the sake of the club to do the same and for the time being I ask you to bury any grievances or grudges you may hold and put them to one side as I have done.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 am

Vince

Let's see the VAT CONFIRMED as paid off so they stop hounding us and a few quality players brought in during the transfer window, with a few of less quality shipped out. Let us see the chairman inspire the manager to better things and maybe at the end of January judge him then.

Until, then, he needs to build our faith on a day by day basis and some comments / feedback would help - not his current wall of silence.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 am

vince.alm wrote:We need to rally around the chairman and support Peter whether you like him or not because if he goes, (he is on the verge of quitting) the investors go, the board goes and the club will go pop. Nobody wants to be chairman here for the foreseeable future anyway it’s a thankless task at Cardiff City not helped by the microscope media attention the role receives unfortunately.

This is absolutely spot on. Whatever our views of PR, if he were to walk away tomorrow then that is when the s^*t will really hit the fan. We may be suspicious of his motives/ability but we are in no position to pick and choose chairman whilst the difficult scenario plays out.

It would seem the clubs only longterm hope is a takeover and if PR were to go then we would be back to square one on that score without doubt.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:30 am

well something is brewing for a statement like this to be made or requested.

Maybe if all the fans knew the real truth rather than certain individuals then we would all give the benefit of the doubt but all we hear is outrageous lies coming from the chairman!

as if he would quit.....he would loose far to much....in my opinion!!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:30 am

vince.alm wrote:At the end of the day these latest revelations were hacked illegally from a personal account, most people personal inbox contains items that could damage them especially businessman, those of us who work in the business world will understand the sort of emails that fly around on day to day covering various topics, if they were shown to our clients, colleagues, friends or outside bodies, it would be very embarrassing at the least and you could never work again at it’s worst. This is somebody's own personal email account FFS where is the integrity and moral standing in exposing that? To break the law to discredit a person is morally wrong.

Whilst you're correct they were hacked - and boy is "hacked" a massively overused word used to excuse anything these days - but as somebody working in the business world, sorry, some of that comment is silly.

If you're sending emails related to work, you use the work provided email; that way the relevent IT support people can at least have the infrastructure in place - firewall, anti virus et al. You don't use a personal email address for confidential business emails, you don't publicise an email address used for confidential business mailing, you certainly don't use that email address for confidential business mailings and widely disperse it into the public domain. You certainly don't use a f***ing hotmail address, which is the insecurest email system going.

Breaking the law is clearly wrong.

Ridsdale however has been incredibly naive/stupid/negligent in his use of email. Using the most easily hackable email system over an email address registered by Cardiff City to their own domain? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:32 am

Vince, always appreciate your views, but I think some will find it impossible to give their support to Ridsdale. The club, unquestionably yes, but not Ridsdale, there is a huge difference between the 2, indeed I'm sure many will see it as an incredible positive were he to resign. I have no problem pledging my hope to such an outcome.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:37 am

vince.alm wrote:I know a lot of you will disagree with this, and say Peter only has himself to blame, and to a degree you are right. I'm as frustrated as any of you over the way the club has been mismanaged at times, but we have also had good times let’s not forget that.

We need to rally around the chairman and support Peter whether you like him or not because if he goes, (he is on the verge of quitting) the investors go, the board goes and the club will go pop. Nobody wants to be chairman here for the foreseeable future anyway it’s a thankless task at Cardiff City not helped by the microscope media attention the role receives unfortunately.

At the end of the day these latest revelations were hacked illegally from a personal account, most people personal inbox contains items that could damage them especially businessman, those of us who work in the business world will understand the sort of emails that fly around on day to day covering various topics, if they were shown to our clients, colleagues, friends or outside bodies, it would be very embarrassing at the least and you could never work again at it’s worst. This is somebody's own personal email account FFS where is the integrity and moral standing in exposing that? To break the law to discredit a person is morally wrong.

Oh dear.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 am

vince.alm wrote:I know a lot of you will disagree with this, and say Peter only has himself to blame, and to a degree you are right. I'm as frustrated as any of you over the way the club has been mismanaged at times, but we have also had good times let’s not forget that.

I beg to differ, I believe a certain Mr H would take the reins if he was allowed back on the board.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 am

TNT wrote:

Oh dear.

I'm confused are you calling Vince "Dear" ? :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:52 am

city_85 wrote:
vince.alm wrote: I beg to differ, I believe a certain Mr H would take the reins if he was allowed back on the board.

And that is a really forward looking move that will progress the club toward a properly financed takeover ........... NOT :roll: :roll:

I have no issues with people losing patience with PR but to want to replace him with Sam is simply "out of the frying pan into the fire" unless you have a very selective memory :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 am

Can't we all just think about the football? :D

4th placed and in a position to get promoted! Still in the FA Cup as well with winnable games this round and next round!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:59 am

Mr Ridsdale came to this club promising to be open and transparent and he has been anything but open and transparent in his dealings with the fans. The fans have shown enormous faith in the club by once again dipping deeply into their pockets at christmas time and in the middle of one of the deepest recessions this country has ever seen. These are difficult times for the ordinary man in the street. It is about time Mr Ridsdale returned the faith of those fans and came out with a clear and transparent statement as to the financial situation of the club for everyone to see not just an inner circle of the priviliged few who are then asked to keep their mouths shut, which results in widespread anger of the very people who keep him in a job. Don't forget if this all goes tits up not only will Mr Ridsdale and the rest of the boards shares be virtually worthless but the shares of the smaller shareholders will be likewise and what a kick in ther teeth that would be. For once Mr Ridsdale stop the double speak bollox that flows out of your mouth and tell it as it is. Even if you do leave you owe us that much at the very least.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 am

Totally agree Vince we should get behind him and some posters should stop embarrassing themselves by calling him a liar on the scantest of evidence.

For the record I bought my season ticket on the understanding there would be a 5 year price freeze and a refund should we be promoted to the Premier League. I accept there was an aspiration to use £3m in the January window, but it did-not form part of the offer.

If we must now rightly pay our tax bill then do so using the season ticket money the club comes first and Ridsdale has my 100% backing on that.

Finally running a Championship side must be an impossible job, but we have a Chairman who has pulled a number of rabbits out of the hat before now and is on the verge of pulling a golden goose out next. I will be dammed if I let a two bob rag of a newspaper and a disgruntled ex-employee derail what is going to be a great new era in the history of Cardiff City.

Peter keep up the good work

Tony Williams

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 am

Zabier, you still can't accept what the NOTW printed was the truth, It is the truth, whether they should have been sent it is another argument, but it is the truth. If the truth shouldn't get to us then so be it, some people believe that a bit more honesty wouldn't go amiss, obviously we need to trust that our CEO is doing his best for the club and not for his or other share holders personal gain in front of the clubs benefit.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 am

It took bits of the truth and added its own twist. I don't have time for the red top tabloids. Most of what they print is sensationalised or speculated garbage. If we are given another winding up order by HMRC and the club then goes under, then I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. Until then I am just going to ignore what a tabloid paper says, particularly due to the high number of slander lawsuits they've had to pay out on in the past.

I'm not naive, I know we owe money and I know we could be in a better state but the NOTW just took the worst of the worst case scenario and made it seem like the current situation, when it's not.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 am

Tony, you're right in that Ridsdale has pulled rabbits out of the hat at times. However, I'd venture to say that's not an effective strategy for running a business with income in the millions and massive debts. Weve clearly got all our eggs in potential Malaysian investment with no plan B, seemingly.

Using a hotmail address rather than say a cardiffcityfc.co.uk address is incredibly unprofessional thing to do, yells out "amateur". Where are all these business related emails stored? Centrally on a hotmail server? Do CCFC have the copies of those business emails stored, archived?

What I find incredulous is the assertion that if Ridsdale goes, so too do the Malaysians. The due diligence is with regard to investing in Cardiff City. Not Peter Ridsdale. If Ridsdale were to stand down and the Malaysians pull out, I'd then ventrue the Malaysian interest may not have been particularly strong in the first instance.

At face value, this smacks of damage limitation to appease fans. Not saying that's necessarily a bad approach by Ridsdale, just that it's not exactly convincing to the majority for good reason.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 am

BigGwynram wrote:Zabier, you still can't accept what the NOTW printed was the truth, It is the truth, whether they should have been sent it is another argument, but it is the truth. If the truth shouldn't get to us then so be it, some people believe that a bit more honesty wouldn't go amiss, obviously we need to trust that our CEO is doing his best for the club and not for his or other share holders personal gain in front of the clubs benefit.

Wasn't part of that 'truth' the fact the tax bill will be paid this week?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Zabier, you still can't accept what the NOTW printed was the truth, It is the truth, whether they should have been sent it is another argument, but it is the truth. If the truth shouldn't get to us then so be it, some people believe that a bit more honesty wouldn't go amiss, obviously we need to trust that our CEO is doing his best for the club and not for his or other share holders personal gain in front of the clubs benefit.

Wasn't part of that 'truth' the fact the tax bill will be paid this week?

Didn't Ridsdale previously say that bill had been paid?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:19 am

Nah, he said a repayment plan was in place. He didn't say when or how much. Ridders chat, you need to become more familiar with it! :D

nerd wrote:Tony, you're right in that Ridsdale has pulled rabbits out of the hat at times. However, I'd venture to say that's not an effective strategy for running a business with income in the millions and massive debts. Weve clearly got all our eggs in potential Malaysian investment with no plan B, seemingly.

Using a hotmail address rather than say a cardiffcityfc.co.uk address is incredibly unprofessional thing to do, yells out "amateur". Where are all these business related emails stored? Centrally on a hotmail server? Do CCFC have the copies of those business emails stored, archived?

What I find incredulous is the assertion that if Ridsdale goes, so too do the Malaysians. The due diligence is with regard to investing in Cardiff City. Not Peter Ridsdale. If Ridsdale were to stand down and the Malaysians pull out, I'd then ventrue the Malaysian interest may not have been particularly strong in the first instance.

At face value, this smacks of damage limitation to appease fans. Not saying that's necessarily a bad approach by Ridsdale, just that it's not exactly convincing to the majority for good reason.

Agreed, If he were to quit there are other people on the board who are equally as capable of pulling off a deal with the Malaysians. The thing is the Malaysians will only deal if they are happy with the due dilligence and they will invest only on their terms. Honesty would have been the best policy right from the beginning with us the fans and others. The outcome of it all is that Mr Ridsdales legacy when he eventually leaves the club would be somewhat different to what it looks like it could be at the moment if he had truly been open and transparent.

nerd wrote:Tony, you're right in that Ridsdale has pulled rabbits out of the hat at times. However, I'd venture to say that's not an effective strategy for running a business with income in the millions and massive debts. Weve clearly got all our eggs in potential Malaysian investment with no plan B, seemingly.

TBH with you Nerd I would say that 90% of Championship clubs are in some kind of financial dire straights, so we are by far not the only ones so Ridsdales strategy is not that unquie.

We also don't know if there is no Plan B should the Malaysians back away, unfortunatley we would only know that if they did.

You probabley have a good point about what would happen if Ridsdale resigned, but is it worth the gamble?

Was it the hotmail account which was hacked? I'm not sure it has been confirmed it was although on the assumption it was then that would seem to have been a lapse of judgement on Ridsdale's part.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:20 am

His wage packet will need supporting on pay day.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 am

Yaayy, Goooooooooo Peter (insert some sort of moon walking cheel leader dance), will that suffice?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:26 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

TBH with you Nerd I would say that 90% of Championship clubs are in some kind of financial dire straights, so we are by far not the only ones so Ridsdales strategy is not that unquie.

We also don't know if there is no Plan B should the Malaysians back away, unfortunatley we would only know that if they did.

You probabley have a good point about what would happen if Ridsdale resigned, but is it worth the gamble?

Was it the hotmail account which was hacked? I'm not sure it has been confirmed it was although on the assumption it was then that would seem to have been a lapse of judgement on Ridsdale's part.

Well, the problem is football clubs are run as football clubs, heavily indebted NOT as businesses. Arguably, the only one really working within their means (ignoring a team I always ignore) would be someone like Arsenal. But then, run CCFC as a business, spending within means, people then complain we've not got the amazing players they demand.

As for Plan B, there was a vague muttering from Ridders about "other investors" not that long ago, on which topic he's gone incredibly quiet. If there were multiple investors, you'd want to publicise bother, play each other off for the better deal.

Worth the gamble? Yes. Mainly because there's little gamble. Ridders goes, it's because he chooses to resign / board vote no confidence making his position untenable. Only other option is if he fails to abide by his directors duties under law, leading to being struck off as a director. I don't believe for one second he's thinking of quitting right now. The financial status of the club, club assets are the same if Ridsdale is here or not - so if the Malaysians are interested, his presence isn't a factor.

Yes, it was apparently the hotmail address "hacked", from what I know.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:30 am

All knowledgeable forward thinking positive supporters are 100% behind Peter Ridsdale!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 am

Dange wrote:Yaayy, Goooooooooo Peter (insert some sort of moon walking cheel leader dance), will that suffice?

Oh dear. :roll: valid contribution eh?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:All knowledgeable forward thinking positive supporters are 100% behind Peter Ridsdale!! :ayatollah:

All knowledgeable forward thinking positive supporters are 100% behind Ridsdale. Knowing there's a 200ft cliff two steps in front of him...