Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Support for peter Ridsdale

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:42 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Dange wrote:Yaayy, Goooooooooo Peter (insert some sort of moon walking cheel leader dance), will that suffice?

Oh dear. :roll: valid contribution eh?

BS you have your opinion I have mine, thats the beauty of the world we dont all look, think or act in the same way. I dont trust PR as opposed to you who is awaiting him to accept your proposal of marriage.....que sera sera! We both still support the same team but the politics of what goes on behind the club is about opinions.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 am

It's a funny old game football aint it.

Vince, it's great to see someone showing support for the man who got us a new stadium, to an FA cup final and in the play off chase. Peter still has my full support. I'm taking everything he says at face value. If we get to 31st Jan and have new signings and the tax debt is gone then all is good. If not then he will have lied to everyone and my opinion will change.

Right now all I want is Saturdays match to go ahead. It's a pain when you've already booked your train from london and a match gets cancelled!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:08 pm

kili wrote:It's a funny old game football aint it.

Vince, it's great to see someone showing support for the man who got us a new stadium, to an FA cup final and in the play off chase. Peter still has my full support. I'm taking everything he says at face value. If we get to 31st Jan and have new signings and the tax debt is gone then all is good. If not then he will have lied to everyone and my opinion will change.

Right now all I want is Saturdays match to go ahead. It's a pain when you've already booked your train from london and a match gets cancelled!

What would your view be if the tax debt was gone and some new players by paying it from a mixture of all the season ticket money and the sale of A Matthews , but you then found out that the club had borrowed yet more money to pay the wages etc. for the rest of the season so that the overall debt hadn`t gone down at all?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I totally agree with Vince.
The whole thing is, quite literally, none of my business.
As someone who has been a season ticket holder every season since 1977, I cannot believe some of the hysteria on the web sites.
I have to say that many of the views on the sites are NOT representative of the vast majority of people who go to matches to see football !
Most of those years we dreamed of being in this position.
To use a rather an exaggerated analogy, you wouldn't sack Churchill in 1943.

OBTW
It is meant to be fun, (something that Sam gave us in spades.)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 pm

since62 wrote:
kili wrote:It's a funny old game football aint it.

What would your view be if the tax debt was gone and some new players by paying it from a mixture of all the season ticket money and the sale of A Matthews , but you then found out that the club had borrowed yet more money to pay the wages etc. for the rest of the season so that the overall debt hadn`t gone down at all?

Are the Malaysians lending us a few quid to tide us over until the takeover? sounds like it, who else would lend us money? if so what happens if they decide to pull the plug after due dilligence? what a mess we are in.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 pm

As I posted on the other board (in response to the "hacking" claim):

'Hacking' a Hotmail account is simple. 12 year olds can do it. All you need to know is the name of Ridsdale's first pet:

1) Go to http://www.hotmail.com

2) Click on "Forgot your password?"

3) Enter "peterridsdale200@hotmail.com" and the CAPTCHA characters

4) Select "Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity"

5) Enter his location (i.e. the UK), and answer the 'secret' question of "Name of first pet"

So if you know the name of his first pet, you can access his e-mail address.

This is very basic, and 12 year olds can 'hack' hotmail accounts.

Just before anyone says it - I do not know the name of Pete's first pet, nor have I ever hacked in an illegal way. As I say, hotmail 'hacking' is the most basic security thing online and 12 year olds can do it.

If Peter really did keep company secrets in his account, he should be fired on the spot.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Dange wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:
Dange wrote:Yaayy, Goooooooooo Peter (insert some sort of moon walking cheel leader dance), will that suffice?

Oh dear. :roll: valid contribution eh?

BS you have your opinion I have mine, thats the beauty of the world we dont all look, think or act in the same way. I dont trust PR as opposed to you who is awaiting him to accept your proposal of marriage.....que sera sera! We both still support the same team but the politics of what goes on behind the club is about opinions.

Thats better - you can contribute in a more constructive way when you try!! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Oh dear. :roll: valid contribution eh?[/quote]

BS you have your opinion I have mine, thats the beauty of the world we dont all look, think or act in the same way. I dont trust PR as opposed to you who is awaiting him to accept your proposal of marriage.....que sera sera! We both still support the same team but the politics of what goes on behind the club is about opinions.[/quote]

Thats better - you can contribute in a more constructive way when you try!! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks for those who have pledged there support! and for those who haven't that's fine I'm not trying to change your opinions just request that you lay off any personal abuse towards peter.

Peter did not ask me for any support, this request came from a personal friend, and somebody who I respect and trust at the club, they are also not happy with peter themselves but feels if he is driven out at this time it could be detrimental for our football club. perhaps the headline should have read no more personal abuse and attacks on Peter ridsdale, probably it bit more pallatable for those oppossed to him.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:43 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:As I posted on the other board (in response to the "hacking" claim):

'Hacking' a Hotmail account is simple. 12 year olds can do it. All you need to know is the name of Ridsdale's first pet:

1) Go to http://www.hotmail.com

2) Click on "Forgot your password?"

3) Enter "peterridsdale200@hotmail.com" and the CAPTCHA characters

4) Select "Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity"

5) Enter his location (i.e. the UK), and answer the 'secret' question of "Name of first pet"

So if you know the name of his first pet, you can access his e-mail address.

This is very basic, and 12 year olds can 'hack' hotmail accounts.

Just before anyone says it - I do not know the name of Pete's first pet, nor have I ever hacked in an illegal way. As I say, hotmail 'hacking' is the most basic security thing online and 12 year olds can do it.

If Peter really did keep company secrets in his account, he should be fired on the spot.

And his postcode I think, or at least you used to have to put that in

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Your comments are becoming all the clearer the more you post, Vince, but for your benefit I'd suggest not saying too much more in case you get yourself in trouble. I cannot bring myself to support your request unfortunately, the day Ridsdale is out of our club cannot come soon enough, but I understand where you are coming from and as like all City fans, greatly appreciate all you do for our club.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Vince has just said on the other site "I've been told not by PR that they want peter at the club at least for the first couple of months of any takeover proposals or it's a no goer!" Is anyone else extrenely concerned by that? I find that incredible and extremely concerning. Have the malaysians not realised how badly he has run the club? Do they not realise how much he has lied to us all, hence not only how incompetent he is, but how untrustworthy he is? I'm astounded that the Malaysians want him, truly astounded.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:17 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Vince has just said on the other site "I've been told not by PR that they want peter at the club at least for the first couple of months of any takeover proposals or it's a no goer!" Is anyone else extrenely concerned by that? I find that incredible and extremely concerning. Have the malaysians not realised how badly he has run the club? Do they not realise how much he has lied to us all, hence not only how incompetent he is, but how untrustworthy he is? I'm astounded that the Malaysians want him, truly astounded.

It's understandable - new business for the malaysians, different culture. Makes sense on one hand to have an existing board member remain for a handover period.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 pm

vince.alm wrote:Thanks for those who have pledged there support! and for those who haven't that's fine I'm not trying to change your opinions just request that you lay off any personal abuse towards peter.

Peter did not ask me for any support, this request came from a personal friend, and somebody who I respect and trust at the club, they are also not happy with peter themselves but feels if he is driven out at this time it could be detrimental for our football club. perhaps the headline should have read no more personal abuse and attacks on Peter ridsdale, probably it bit more pallatable for those oppossed to him.

100% behind you on this one Vinceee!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

nerd wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:Vince has just said on the other site "I've been told not by PR that they want peter at the club at least for the first couple of months of any takeover proposals or it's a no goer!" Is anyone else extrenely concerned by that? I find that incredible and extremely concerning. Have the malaysians not realised how badly he has run the club? Do they not realise how much he has lied to us all, hence not only how incompetent he is, but how untrustworthy he is? I'm astounded that the Malaysians want him, truly astounded.

It's understandable - new business for the malaysians, different culture. Makes sense on one hand to have an existing board member remain for a handover period.

I partially understand the need for some kind of continuity, but shouldn't that person be competent in that role and trustworthy? Ridsdale is neither. I'm quite sure someone else on the board could fill such a role if required. I only see the benefit of such a handover if the present incumbent is running it successfully, otherwise I would suggest it's best to start afresh.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Vince has been bought hook line & sinker by Pistol

Everywhere I look Vince is saying please don't pick on Peter

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Vince has been bought hook line & sinker by Pistol

Everywhere I look Vince is saying please don't pick on Peter

Agree with Vince - disagree with your opinion. Bet you're a news of the world reader. :roll: oh dear.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Saddles, if you actually read Vince's posts, the comments offered about Ridsdale are absolutely damning. His only goal is to try and keep the abuse of Ridsdale minimum in the hope the deal goes through. Quite why he sees Ridsdale as so key to that happening, I and many others just don't get though, but his criticisms of Ridsdale are plainly evident, especially on the other site.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Good post Vince, Get behind the man, stop all this shitty bickering.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Well done Vince, I am totally behind you as it obviously best for the club. This will all die down if we can only get a few wins on the trot, some people are bored and aver reacting because we haven't had any games !!!!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 pm

We luvs yoo Ridsdale we do oh - Ridsdale we luvs yoo!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:54 am

The Malaysians are billionaires dont you think they more than anyone knows exactly what is going on.
What they are not isstupid or neglagant and to sugest they dont know what is going on is flaming daft.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 am

saladthedragon wrote:
nerd wrote:

I partially understand the need for some kind of continuity, but shouldn't that person be competent in that role and trustworthy? Ridsdale is neither. I'm quite sure someone else on the board could fill such a role if required. I only see the benefit of such a handover if the present incumbent is running it successfully, otherwise I would suggest it's best to start afresh.

Who? Borley, owed money and wants out? Which other directors play a fundamental part in the day to day running and operation of the club, in an industry the Malaysians have zero experience of?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

The Malaysians are billionaires dont you think they more than anyone knows exactly what is going on.
What they are not isstupid or neglagant and to sugest they dont know what is going on is flaming daft.

:lol: You sometimes have to laugh out loud at Salad the man who knows better than a consortium of Billionaires.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:34 pm

If I'm "daft" for believing that PR is an incompetent liar, then daft I am. I will take this opportunity to pay homage to our saviour and realise it is exceptional business acumen to borrow and spend £6m at least of next seasons money this season, thus leaving us to make an approximate operatring loss of £10m next season. Oh, that's before any debt repayments to Langston, PMG and everyone else is factored in. I also pay homage to thee for not once running the club within its means, nor performing with even the most basic competence one would expect of a tea lady, let alone a CEO. I am also daft for not so much expecting the truth, but to expect not to be lied to and misled at every given opportunity. I gleefully accept my daftness.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 pm

saladthedragon wrote:If I'm "daft" for believing that PR is an incompetent liar, then daft I am. I will take this opportunity to pay homage to our saviour and realise it is exceptional business acumen to borrow and spend £6m at least of next seasons money this season, thus leaving us to make an approximate operatring loss of £10m next season. Oh, that's before any debt repayments to Langston, PMG and everyone else is factored in. I also pay homage to thee for not once running the club within its means, nor performing with even the most basic competence one would expect of a tea lady, let alone a CEO. I am also daft for not so much expecting the truth, but to expect not to be lied to and misled at every given opportunity. I gleefully accept my daftness.

I think the comment was you were 'daft' for thinking you know better than a consortium of Malaysian billionaires. Frankly Salad that is fair comment no matter how much you wish to play the victim card.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm

he is not wanted by the malaysians in any way shape or form he lost their trust over the inland revenue saga.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Tony, not a case of playing the victim at all, but for one guy to call me daft and you to suggest that because they are rich businessmen they are infallable businessmen is completely unsubstantiated nonsense. If that were the case, how the hell did the world banking collapse happen? Surely these mega billion industries employed people who knew what they were doing? Apparently not. Surely the likes of institutionalised companies such as Lehman Brother, Fannie Mae and countless others were intelligent enough not to risk going from sublime wealth to extinction? Evidently not. Thankfully, Steve has suggested that the Malaysians realise PR's lies and incompetence over many, many years, not weeks. While it does not take the most perceptively educated businessman to reach such an inevitable conclusion, it does sem beyond many who blindly believe him to be our saviour when all he has left in his wake is a trail of devastation and a web of lies and deceit. But then, what do I know, I'm daft and not a wealthy businesman...