Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I HAVE ASKED PETER TODAY

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:22 am

To go Public and Speak out to ALL THE FANS IN THE NEWSPAPER and BE HONEST and OPEN to US and that might rally us all up and explain to us all Please.

Re: I HAVE ASKED PETER TODAY

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:23 am

Posted the other MB to tell them no chance of him walking!

Can't wait for a football match!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 am

Bigbluebird wrote:Posted the other MB to tell them no chance of him walking!

Cheers, Thats what we all love the football. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:To go Public and Speak out to ALL THE FANS IN THE NEWSPAPER and BE HONEST and OPEN to US and that might rally us all up and explain to us all Please.

If a deal is close, it may be unhelpful, but only he can judge this.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 am

The only information I want is 'will the HMRC debt be paid? If so, when? If not, why not?'. I also want to know what funds are being used to cover it. :D

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:26 am

Bigbluebird wrote:Posted the other MB to tell them no chance of him walking!

Indeed, just some football would make a nice change (with a strong team performance if that's not asking too much)...

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:27 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:To go Public and Speak out to ALL THE FANS IN THE NEWSPAPER and BE HONEST and OPEN to US and that might rally us all up and explain to us all Please.

Yea I can see that, how would 'we didn't pay the tax man because we are skint' go down in Malaysia :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 am

Honesty would have been the best policy from the get go and he would have had all the support he could have wished for from the fans. The fans of are the lifeblood of this club and it would do Peter Ridsdale and the Rest of the board some good to always remember that. Without us the gravy train stops dead in its tracks. Come on Peter no more bullshit political speak say it as it is, the fans will respect you far more if you do.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Yea I can see that, how would 'we didn't pay the tax man because we are skint' go down in Malaysia :lol:

If they have gone as far as we are being led to believe, they should know everything by now.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:30 am

Anyone else here hate that term 'due diligence'?

I guess if they're being thorough that shows they're decent businessmen and won't f**k about with us.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:30 am

Hope he does mate, a lot of fans i have spoken with and myself included have lost a lot of faith in PR after the latest story,so i hope he can speak out and try and rekindle some of the faith that has been lost.

I know there is a lot of politics that go on behind the scenes and a lot we are unaware of, but the only gripe i have is that PR blatantly told us that the HMRC had been paid when it obviously hadn't and that is why he has lost face with a lot of fans.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 am

same old spin from him!

we he actually does say somthing and it comes true or turns out right then he'll get the backing from the supporters

its just lie's after lies :roll:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 am

Can't he just release another statement? Press will spin it even more.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 am

nobby wrote:

Hope he does mate, a lot of fans i have spoken with and myself included have lost a lot of faith in PR after the latest story,so i hope he can speak out and try and rekindle some of the faith that has been lost.

I know there is a lot of politics that go on behind the scenes and a lot we are unaware of, but the only gripe i have is that PR blatantly told us that the HMRC had been paid when it obviously hadn't and that is why he has lost face with a lot of fans.

As its my new year resolution not to let the goings on at the club wind me up, then this will be my only rant regarding the politics of the club. :ayatollah: Stroll on Saturday.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 am

Even at this late stage I'm sure if PR came out and told everyone exactly whats what and we knew where we stood with regards debt et al then we would work with him, maybe even back him. Annis he needs to know its the lies and deceipt thats winding everyone up and a bit more honesty would go a long way. We will all always back the club because its our club until we go to the great stadium in the sky but we wont always back the Chairman because he's not "our" Chairman. Hes not voted in and hes certainly not there by birth right but if he wants everyones support he needs to keep us informed and up to date. On to Saturday though I will, as ever, sing my heart out for the team and hope for 3 points. :ayatollah:
PETER IF YOU READ THIS MB PLEASE JUST LET US KNOW WHATS HAPPENING!!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:40 am

Dange wrote:

Even at this late stage I'm sure if PR came out and told everyone exactly whats what and we knew where we stood with regards debt et al then we would work with him, maybe even back him. Annis he needs to know its the lies and deceipt thats winding everyone up and a bit more honesty would go a long way. We will all always back the club because its our club until we go to the great stadium in the sky but we wont always back the Chairman because he's not "our" Chairman. Hes not voted in and hes certainly not there by birth right but if he wants everyones support he needs to keep us informed and up to date. On to Saturday though I will, as ever, sing my heart out for the team and hope for 3 points. :ayatollah:
PETER IF YOU READ THIS MB PLEASE JUST LET US KNOW WHATS HAPPENING!!

I have asked him to Speak out, I think he might before Saturdays game.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 am

That would be great if he did Annis, the silent Majority probably think everything is fine all things Cardiff City where clearly they are not.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:42 am

All we need is confirmation of exactly where we stand with HMRC - How much is owed - how much is now paid off - what terms, if any are in place for the payment of the remainder of the HMRC debt.

Confirmation of exactly where we are with the Langston debt - is the agreement legally completed and in place.

Confirmation of how much was raised by the season ticket sales and how much of it is now left and what plans there are for investing it.

What plans there are to sell players in the January window - we all know Matthews is going to be off soon - will there be anyone else NEEDING to be sold.

A guaruntee of new faces even if we cant get rid of some players

A statement of where we are wth the Malaysians - a statement regarding due dilligence is no longer sufficient.

A statement of any other interest in the club.

A statement as to how we are going to manage financially next year if we don't secure promoytion this year - and if this statement says only by selling our best players, then so be it - at least we all know.

That would be a nice start.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:45 am

hailesy wrote:

That would be great if he did Annis, the silent Majority probably think everything is fine all things Cardiff City where clearly they are not.

I use to tell the other mb, that this was all going to happen lol.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 am

I'm missing something here. If Ridsdale comes out with an honest statement about the HRMC liability, how does that make things better ??

Of course he can say it will be paid in full - he can point the HRMC in the direction of 11000 mugs, and the guaranteed income from the finance company.

Don't let him get away with it again. Lies and scams for 4 yrs -enough is enough.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:I'm missing something here. If Ridsdale comes out with an honest statement about the HRMC liability, how does that make things better ??

Of course he can say it will be paid in full - he can point the HRMC in the direction of 11000 mugs, and the guaranteed income from the finance company.

Don't let him get away with it again. Lies and scams for 4 yrs -enough is enough.

I dont think it just makes things better but it would give us a clearer picture as to where we are as a club and if its as bad as it seems whos going to step in to improve the current situation? I just think that some honesty even at this stage would let everyone make up their minds as to backing him or not. It may even be that things arent quite as bad as we "think" they are the problem being we actually just dont know and for once no news is definately not good news.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:10 pm

whatever he comes out with and it could be the truth ,the whole truth & nothing but the truth.....who would beleive him ?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 pm

I don't want him speaking to any newspapers he's done plenty of that and continually lied, he needs to be brought before an EGM thus he will be accountable by law in this country to tell the truth, no more spin, luckily the supporters trust is going down this avenue, well done to them.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Annis,
There's a lot going on at the moment and it would be nice to clear things up with Peter, but how about an update just after Jan 31st. Whatever he says today there are a few things that will be known by end Jan -

The transfer window will have closed so all speculation as to ins and outs will be over.
He'll know exactly what has happened to the pre-sales season ticket money and promises of investment in the team
We'll know the team that we have to take us through to the end of the season (and to the Prem!)
The HMRC deadlines will have passed
There will surely be some progress on the takeover.
The outcome of the email hacking incident may be known.

He'll have time to prepare a proper update giving us the facts but witholding what he believes should be kept confidential. Maybe he could even provide some key milestones for the next few months.