Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ridsdale Is Key To Cardiff City's Future

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Ridsdale Is Key To Cardiff City's Future
EA Sports
After another turbulent week for Cardiff City Football Club, fans are turning in droves on club Chairman Peter Ridsdalewith many feeling cheated and used by the recent ticketing initiative - supposedly to raise funds for new players.

However, whether you like HIM or not, and whether you like IT or not - Peter Risdale has taken the club on a long way, and is absolutely crucial to the future of our club.

The unpaid tax bill is worrying at best, though we do apparently have the means to pay it. Whether season ticket sales revenue will need to be diverted, in part, to meet this invoice - we won't yet know but there will be players coming in.

Peter Risdale is feeling the force of the fans fury, with the keyboard warriors out in force and calling for his head. They feel betrayed, and have lost all faith in Ridsdale while the man himself is un-characteristically quiet.

As is stands, Peter Ridsdale is carefully considering his future, and with it Cardiff City's. If he leaves now, as he is close to doing, we would lose an awful lot more than a media spinning, silver tongued Chairman. The HMRC dealings would surely become more fraught, the current board, assembled by PR would be split and the ongoing discussions with the Malaysians would be detrimentally affected and maybe end any chance of investment.

Yes we are running at a loss, and we need urgent investment. BUT, to any Cardiff City fan feeling maligned and hurt - take a look at the squad:

Joe Ledley, Adam Matthews, Michael Chopra, Jay Bothroyd and Chris Burke. These players have served up some sublime football at times, and we sit 4th in the Championship in a new stadium. Last season's top scorer Ross McCormack can't even get a game!

Whater doubts, misgivings and anger you feel towards the current management, and Peter Ridsdale in particular..now isn't the time. Removing him now is not a smart choice and while the short term gratification may appeal to some, it wouldn't hurt Mr Ridsdale any more than a small hit to his pride, it would hit Cardiff City Football Club an awful lot more.

http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=183624

Re: Ridsdale Is Key To Cardiff City's Future

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 pm

"it would hit Cardiff City Football Club an awful lot more." Says who? Peter. Well of course he would say that.

Ridsdale is as key to our future as I am to the sexual satisfaction of every female in Wales.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:11 pm

If he's the key, I hope it's got a better lock than his E mail account. :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:14 pm

saladthedragon wrote:"it would hit Cardiff City Football Club an awful lot more." Says who? Peter. Well of course he would say that.

Ridsdale is as key to our future as I am to the sexual satisfaction of every female in Wales.

My wife just read that and gushed, your good...very good!! :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Well said UF. We just need to keep our nerve for another month. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Dange wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:"it would hit Cardiff City Football Club an awful lot more." Says who? Peter. Well of course he would say that.

My wife just read that and gushed, your good...very good!! :lol:

Wish she'd tell Mrs Salad...

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:54 pm

barnsley,leeds,cardiff.....whos next on the ridsdale list of achievement?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Well said, I'm with you buddy. Think things are as good as they could be after where we were and what has happened. PR needs to prove himself after the problems at Leeds, and I think he is...

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:07 pm

moz-dublin wrote:barnsley,leeds,cardiff.....whos next on the ridsdale list of achievement?

Please let it be Liverpool. Then perhaps Man United. That'd do for me.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Swansea please.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 pm

BigGwynram wrote:If he's the key, I hope it's got a better lock than his E mail account. :lol: :lol:

Have to say, Vince said that were 20,000 emails in his in box, we'll if I'd been quick enough to think about having a little look, I'd have been far more interested in who's he's biffing rather than boring tax problems :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:05 pm

BigGwynram wrote:If he's the key, I hope it's got a better lock than his E mail account. :lol: :lol:

lol! :lol:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:25 pm

excellent post uncle fester i agree 100%, if ridsdale walked away at this moment in time it would be disasterous for the club some people should be ' careful for what they wish'